Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Procedure for Transferring to New Device

Nightclub Owner

Current Procedure for Transferring to New Device

Hi All:

I am getting ready to get a new phone. I'll be upgrading my dinosaur iPhone 6 plus to an iPhone XR in the next week or so. I was hoping someone can tell me what is the current procedure for transferring DS from my old phone to the new one.

Second question; I also play Frozen Frenzy Mania - will this game automatically transfer over after I've transferred DS?

Thanks in advance
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Here are the steps to transfer your game to a new device:

1. Note down the ID and password for the account you want to use. You can find your ID and set/change your password in the HELP/FAQ.
    2. Click on the blue "S8" icon in the top right corner. Here is a screenshot from Restaurant Story 2. Works the same for Dragon.
    3. Select "Login to Another Account" and enter the ID and password for the account you would like to login to
    4. You should now be done. This will restore all of your other games which use the login feature.

This should also work for Frozen Frenzy Mania!
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Banned
    I use Android so I can't tell you about transferring between iPhones. But if you have passwords on your islands you can switch back and forth between any islands so if you create a new island on your new phone and set it up with a password, you can then switch to your old island...as long as you also put a password on that island too.

Tap menu, social, invite..then tap account settings. Next screen allows you to add password to island and other option is to log in to a different account. Enter storm8 I'd and password. You get message it will delete all the games on the device but since they're all on S8 server, you can continue.. hope that helps.

You will have to check frozen mania to see if it has the switching option on it because not all games do. If it doesn't, I can't suggest anything to do with that, sorry. But if you're logged into your original island in Ds and then go to mania...it MAY go to the same I'd in mania but that's just a guess from me.

Hope this helps.

Executive Chef
    Thank you for the nifty feature (: ★
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for all of the info and help

Just to be crystal clear; on my new phone I download the DS app. Open it up and click the S8 icon, then use my current username & password and presto! My current DS game will be on my new device. Do I have that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Thanks for all of the info and help

Just to be crystal clear; on my new phone I download the DS app. Open it up and click the S8 icon, then use my current username & password and presto! My current DS game will be on my new device. Do I have that correct?
    Yes, that is correct. You might need to finish the game tutorial first but it should be quick. Game will still be on the old device as well.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Yes, that is correct. You might need to finish the game tutorial first but it should be quick. Game will still be on the old device as well.
    Thanks again Paul__

Thanks again Paul__
    Glad to help! Enjoy your new device!
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Banned
    Hi All:

I am getting ready to get a new phone. I'll be upgrading my dinosaur iPhone 6 plus to an iPhone XR in the next week or so. I was hoping someone can tell me what is the current procedure for transferring DS from my old phone to the new one.

Second question; I also play Frozen Frenzy Mania - will this game automatically transfer over after I've transferred DS?

Thanks in advance
    Word of warning, my XR crashed Dragon Story only being 3 months old 2 plus years ago, so far my 12 plus has yet to crash after 5 months touch wood!
    Good luck with your new phone, that is if you have enough virgin land to grow your game to place new isles!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Word of warning, my XR crashed Dragon Story only being 3 months old 2 plus years ago, so far my 12 plus has yet to crash after 5 months touch wood!
    Good luck with your new phone, that is if you have enough virgin land to grow your game to place new isles!
    Thanks for the heads up random59

Virgin land?? My island is a straight up hussy, lol. I'm hanging on by my finger nails in order to keep playing by selling off resource habs, loading up the Stable and even selling off habs that I can buy AGAIN for low cost gold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast