Thread: LEADERBOARD: Top of the Cake - 2021 Apr 13

LEADERBOARD: Top of the Cake - 2021 Apr 13

Top of the Cake - 7 day leaderboard

Name:  C9889747-3305-4C79-A6DC-7197FF2EA324.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  106.0 KB

You earn leaderboard points for various tasks carried out on your island:

- 3 points for every hour of breeding
    - 3 points for every hour of incubation (hatching)
    - 3 points for every hour of evolution
    - 2 points for every hour of harvesting
    - 1 point for every 500 food fed to your dragons
    - 20 points collected from the Sealed Suprise every 2.5 hours
    - 60 points collected from the Eruption Box every 2.5 hours
    - 1000 points for hatching the Daybreak Dragon and raising it to level 10
    - 100-375 points for sending out your Daybreak Dragon on quests
    - 80 extra points for hatching a Breedable Ultra-rare dragon
    - 40 extra points for hatching a Breedable Super-rare dragon
    - 20 extra points for hatching a Breedable Rare dragon
    - 0 points for hatching a Breedable Common dragon

Local Leaderboard

Name:  A8CADECA-5FF6-4E09-A9CB-6D8FBF667B61.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  32.6 KB

Milestones
    tone Points & Prizes
    Rank Number & Prizes
    Points Prize Rank Prize
     12,500   Playmate Dragon  1st  Friendly Dragon / Toy Gold Trophy 
     10,000  Night Bloom Dragon  2nd  Friendly Dragon / Toy Silver Trophy 
     7,500  5,000 Food  3rd  Toy Bronze Trophy / 25000 Food / 20 Mystic Maps 
     5,750  Mystery Chest  4th - 6th  35000 Coins / 20,000 Food / 10 Mystic Maps 
     4,250  Mystery Chest  7th - 12th  15000 Food / 25000 Coins 
     3,000  Eruption Box  13th - 20th   10,000 Coins
     2,000  Mystery Chest
     1,250  5 Omega Crowns
     750  Sealed Surprise
     150  Mystery Chest

Global Leaderboard
    Rank Prize
     1st  Toy Crystal Trophy / 1250 Gold / 1600 Essence 
     2nd  Toy Crystal Trophy / 1000 Gold / 1000 Essence
     3rd  500 Gold / 750 Essence
     4th-10th  100 Gold / 250 Essence
     11th-49th  100 Essence / 50 Mystic Maps / 250000 Food
     50th-100th  50 Essence / 25 Mystic Maps / 250000 Food
     101st-1000th  10 Essence / 10 Mystic Maps / 100000 Food
     1001st-2500th   10 Mystic Maps / 25000 Food
     2501st-5000th   5 Mystic Maps / 10000 Food
    Last edited by Paul__; 04-13-21 at 11:50 AM.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Banned
    I guess seeing no posts here says it all about what players think of leaderboard.

I came to post my opinion of how S8 dreadfully groups players..I think in the hope it spurs lower players to spend money to catch up and compete with those leading their groups.

I can't count how many leaderboards I've been in the past months where the top 1 player, then 2 and in this last one 3 players were ridiculously far ahead.

I had 14147 points at the end and finished 11th!!! Globally that was either 732 or 723. Top 3 finished between 52 and 108. Come on S8...is that really a fair grouping for players? As I say, this has been constant for months not 1 random match up. If the groups were more homogeneous maybe players would be willing to spend to be at top. That is, if they had a fighting chance but seeing players with triple your score, why bother. And that thinking goes on to why bother playing DS at all. Maybe that's really what S8 wants considering the game isn't in Google play store any more.

S8 I hope you read this and do something good for your players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    I guess seeing no posts here says it all about what players think of leaderboard.

I came to post my opinion of how S8 dreadfully groups players..I think in the hope it spurs lower players to spend money to catch up and compete with those leading their groups.

I can't count how many leaderboards I've been in the past months where the top 1 player, then 2 and in this last one 3 players were ridiculously far ahead.

I had 14147 points at the end and finished 11th!!! Globally that was either 732 or 723. Top 3 finished between 52 and 108. Come on S8...is that really a fair grouping for players? As I say, this has been constant for months not 1 random match up. If the groups were more homogeneous maybe players would be willing to spend to be at top. That is, if they had a fighting chance but seeing players with triple your score, why bother. And that thinking goes on to why bother playing DS at all. Maybe that's really what S8 wants considering the game isn't in Google play store any more.

Completely agree. The Leaderboard is beyond ridiculous and every time I look at the global standings...surprise, surprise, it's the same group of players who reach a preposterous 120,000+ points to get first. I hate the speed at which S8 rolls out these events, too. The minute a Leaderboard ends, then it's Dragon Tales. Then that overlaps with Bingo which then goes into another Leaderboard when Dragon Tales is over. It's nonstop and they sap all your resources. There's never time to restock between events unless you pay with actual money, which is unfair because that penalizes players who don't have the means or don't want to purchase gold.

S8 clearly doesn't give a **** about this game anymore. Look at how lazy they are about the dragon designs: it's the same dragon template with different colours. At least a few years ago, they had some event with Champions as the rewards. Now it's a bunch of useless dragons that do nothing. I really don't see the point in this game if the S8 team (or is it just one person now?) isn't willing to make an effort to improve it. I've seen several posts from other players complaining about the same thing for YEARS, and they simply just don't care and I don't know why. I suppose as long as there are those at the top who are willing to shell out tons of money, then they just do the bare minimum to keep this game going. Disappointing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Parkerstar View Post
    Completely agree. The Leaderboard is beyond ridiculous and every time I look at the global standings...surprise, surprise, it's the same group of players who reach a preposterous 120,000+ points to get first. I hate the speed at which S8 rolls out these events, too. The minute a Leaderboard ends, then it's Dragon Tales. Then that overlaps with Bingo which then goes into another Leaderboard when Dragon Tales is over. It's nonstop and they sap all your resources. There's never time to restock between events unless you pay with actual money, which is unfair because that penalizes players who don't have the means or don't want to purchase gold.

S8 clearly doesn't give a **** about this game anymore. Look at how lazy they are about the dragon designs: it's the same dragon template with different colours. At least a few years ago, they had some event with Champions as the rewards. Now it's a bunch of useless dragons that do nothing. I really don't see the point in this game if the S8 team (or is it just one person now?) isn't willing to make an effort to improve it. I've seen several posts from other players complaining about the same thing for YEARS, and they simply just don't care and I don't know why. I suppose as long as there are those at the top who are willing to shell out tons of money, then they just do the bare minimum to keep this game going. Disappointing.
    I totally agree with both of you. These dragons aren't even creative anymore. Plus there's too many of these ************s and Dragon Tales and not enough World Events and Spin To Win. It's so bad there's errors during every event because of the lost creativity. So much cut and paste and not enough quality checking. It breaks my heart that a game I loved so much has fallen so much by the wayside. No creative changes since 2016. And, oh, I want to bring up the classification of these dragons. It seems like anything and everything gets slapped with an Ultra Rare or Super Rare classification even though the dragons are garbage in tournament battles. None of my ultra rare dragons should be losing to common dragons no matter the level.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkerstar View Post

I do very much wish that there were more world events and fewer competitive events because it slants everything towards pay-to-win and this isn?t a game I want to compete with other people. There are plenty of other games I?d rather go to to fill my PVP needs.

There are too many events happening at the same time as it is and the only way to complete everything (tournament + leaderboard or tales + bingo) you have to either be extremely lucky or pay tons in gold and that?s not how this game should be in my opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I totally agree with both of you. These dragons aren't even creative anymore. Plus there's too many of these ************s and Dragon Tales and not enough World Events and Spin To Win. It's so bad there's errors during every event because of the lost creativity. So much cut and paste and not enough quality checking. It breaks my heart that a game I loved so much has fallen so much by the wayside. No creative changes since 2016. And, oh, I want to bring up the classification of these dragons. It seems like anything and everything gets slapped with an Ultra Rare or Super Rare classification even though the dragons are garbage in tournament battles. None of my ultra rare dragons should be losing to common dragons no matter the level.
    Really glad to hear your feedback because I know you've been a long time player, and you would have the best insight into how the game has been these past few years. When was the last Spin to Win event even? Along with the classification issues which you rightly bring up, I also don't understand why breeding the requested "common" dragon in Dragon Tales has to be so difficult. I see people who are super lucky get it on their first try. Meanwhile others including myself have had to drop out of the event because we still can't get it after trying for days and days. Quite frankly, I don't even know why they would need to include this as one of the quests in Dragon Tales because there are already so many common dragons, they don't need to be introducing more to the pool. Anyhow, not sure what it will take to get the attention of S8 if they're not even listening to players like yourself who have been loyally playing for years!

Rhino Keeper
    This is the third place for this chain, why?