Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 04/08: A Golden Opportunity | event information on page 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    How do you get to that point? I have only 4 Alicorns (3) daily (1) weekly and I?m never able to save energy. I too don?t like the notifications and like a clean game sans the watering cans, coins, yellow arrows etc. But in order to collect, play the stories, take adventures, and compete in the events, I?m always using ALL my energy lives each day. How to do you stock up and save?
    Pretty much do everything opposite of what you are doing now...except for going on adventures. Skipping an event well help also. Unless the event has a guaranteed energy dropper.. Saving energy will help you during Monster Hunts.. the MRC is your key to maxing as much energy as possible. You will have to compromise at times to get to your ultimate goal... large amounts of energy. Waiting 2 hours imho is a waste of a theory. What if like real life shows up and you cant blast through 40,energy every 2. Trying to win a leaderboard waiting 2 hour refresh is impossible or at least so brain numbing that would cause cerebellum to attack the rest of the brain.

I have a couple of accounts that i made sure to try and get some energy droppers through Cabbage Hut and was very lucky i guess. Lvl20 with around 1400 energy. So imtake advantage of,the lower level req and have enough to destroy anyone in a leaderboard event.. since belive it or not a lot of 20 lvl and under do not have Magic Forges.

Just food for thought

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Pretty much do everything opposite of what you are doing now...except for going on adventures. Skipping an event well help also. Unless the event has a guaranteed energy dropper.. Saving energy will help you during Monster Hunts.. the MRC is your key to maxing as much energy as possible. You will have to compromise at times to get to your ultimate goal... large amounts of energy. Waiting 2 hours imho is a waste of a theory. What if like real life shows up and you cant blast through 40,energy every 2. Trying to win a leaderboard waiting 2 hour refresh is impossible or at least so brain numbing that would cause cerebellum to attack the rest of the brain.

I have a couple of accounts that i made sure to try and get some energy droppers through Cabbage Hut and was very lucky i guess. Lvl20 with around 1400 energy. So i can take advantage of,the lower level req and have enough to destroy anyone in a leaderboard event.. since belive it or not a lot of 20 lvl and under do not have Magic Forges.

Just food for thought
    Highest account. 90k
    2nd has 40k
    3rd has 20k
    4th 18k

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    RoyalBlue305, I agree with RonjaR82. Having so few energy droppers early on, it's important to make use of the 40 energy every two hours, even if you don't log in that often. You haven't accumulated enough energy droppers to begin overstocking energy yet.

If you don't have a cabbage hut, you should definitely work on getting one. Sometimes there are great energy droppers that can be won in the Baron's tent. Not this round, but they do show up.

I generally don't stop doing events because I like the rewards. I did bypass Hercules as I wasn't fond of it and worked on a few other things in real life.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    The dropping of the adventure prize or a few pillows is lackluster?
    It's not like I would actually **** for a Porridge Cub , but I am gonna put all my energy and effort into acquiring one the next 11 days.
    And 'a few pillows' can give you a great leg up, and a much more relax event.

Thanks Spiritwind, very much appreciated as always.
    Agreed! Lackluster to get the cub? He?s what I want most of all, and he?s what I have the least control over getting. It?s about luck. If I *have* to, I can buy extra fairies to get Mama Bear, and I could use gems to get Goldilocks, but Baby Bear is just luck. As a newer player, I don?t have many Golden Eggs, and I?m finding it extremely rare to find wooden spoons, so I can?t go on many adventures (unless, of course, I want to spend tons of gems, which I don?t without being guaranteed to get the baby).

Regarding the cabbage hut, collecting 25 cabbages using 25 energy (4 times) allowed me to get (4) mint chip alicorns that drop 40 energy each, essentially paying for themselves. I have purchased some other items that give good resources too. I view the MRC as a long term game within the game, even more so than the cabbage hut. I found it frustrating to gather enough gold tokens to make much headway on it but it does have some very good items. I'm still slowly working on it and have four unicorns and a wizard's portal. I do think this just might be a difference in play styles. Sharing more strategies for play is a good thing.

I have been a little behind on this event so I bought two of the boost packs. With 30 minutes of free energy I only managed to get 25 spoons for the adventure. I did also chop 36 chops on trees, but all the rest was on clawed stumps. Typically, the spoon item in this event type requires a lot of gather for a little resource. It's intended to be rare ( bit too rare to my thinking). Most times I don't set my heart on it and just send out what I can.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 04-13-21 at 03:25 AM.

Executive Chef
    I love the look on Mama Bear?s face when she?s leaning back to swipe. She almost seems to be rolling her eyes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	141E80ED-9667-4C71-BE51-537AD1A3C339.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	58911

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by suzique50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    If you have more than 40 energy you won't get any free energy so you are losing free energy if you leave that much energy on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    <snip> I'm always using ALL my energy lives each day. How to do you stock up and save?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    RoyalBlue305, I agree with RonjaR82. Having so few energy droppers early on, it's important to make use of the 40 energy every two hours, even if you don't log in that often. You haven't accumulated enough energy droppers to begin overstocking energy yet.
    Bottom line, the way to "store" energy from a large herd of alicorns is to collect and not play, lol. It makes sense for people who know they can't play for a few weeks, and have a massive herd. But I only have 2 MRC unicorns (40/week), 7 gem-bought medium droppers (4-6/day plus windfalls) and 6 event small droppers (2-4/day, lol.)

If I'm playing, I'm gonna find a use for every bit of it. I try to keep trades going continuously in the Royal Exchange to accumulate trade tickets, even if they cost a lot of energy. So as a last resort I'll be out there harvesting from past event droppers that I normally can't afford to click (I have like 8 that give 2000+ coins every time, plus some storyline items that drop good cash when I'm full of whatever they're giving.)

So I'm going get that 40 refill every two hours. Even if I'm not there every two hours, it's 40 more that I didn't have. And if I'm not playing, I'm not logging in to collect energy to "save" up, because I'd just end up playing, lol. :-)

Executive Chef
    Regarding the cabbage hut, collecting 25 cabbages using 25 energy (4 times) allowed me to get (4) mint chip alicorns that drop 40 energy each, essentially paying for themselves. I have purchased some other items that give good resources too. I view the MRC as a long term game within the game, even more so than the cabbage hut. I found it frustrating to gather enough gold tokens to make much headway on it but it does have some very good items. I'm still slowly working on it and have four unicorns and a wizards I do think this just might be a difference in play styles. Sharing more strategies for play is a good thing.

I have been a little behind on this event so I bought two of the boost packs. With 30 minutes of free energy I only managed to get 25 spoons for the adventure. I did also chop 36 chops on trees, but all the rest was on clawed stumps. Typically, the spoon item in this event type requires a lot of gather for a little resource. It's intended to be rare ( bit too rare to my thinking). Most times I don't set my heart on it and just send out what I can.
    I have gathered a lot of daily and weekly energy droppers + guaranteed trade ticket droppers + cute things I just wanted to have from the Baron's Tent.
    And all it costs is the initial investment of Gems and Golden Troll Tokens, 2 energy a day (to collect the Cabbages), time, patience and a bit of luck sometimes.
    I think it's an excellent investment for any Realm

If it makes you feel any better, the watering cans make me nuts too. I wish there was a feature available in edit mode to deselect some of the showing icons. But I'm coming to realize that some decor is pretty enough for me to try to ignore the floating icons and be somewhat selective on collecting items I need most. If it makes me crazy enough I've been known to go into edit mode and just move a few items around, or visit a neighbor. I don't think I will ever have enough energy to clear all of the icons.

If it makes you feel any better, the watering cans make me nuts too. I wish there was a feature available in edit mode to deselect some of the showing icons. But I'm coming to realize that some decor is pretty enough for me to try to ignore the floating icons and be somewhat selective on collecting items I need most. If it makes me crazy enough I've been known to go into edit mode and just move a few items around, or visit a neighbor. I don't think I will ever have enough energy to clear all of the icons.
    I click the edit mode to turn off the icons so I can look around my Realm as I wish without seeing all the little watering cans.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast