Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 157

Thread: Castle Story 04/08: A Golden Opportunity | event information on page 1

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    What does one get from the cabbage hut?
    You get *rotten* cabbages, one a day, to chuck at a baron face in the baron's tent for daily prizes. Each toss gives you something, a ha full of coins most often, but also resources, from something you collect, like milk, to a something you craft, like a potion. You can see the baron's tent prize thread, which is pinned (sorry don't know how to put in) as well as cabbage hut thread, which has been posted earlier. : )

    Sorry to be off topic.
    *******

    Re the event:

    I have been SO lucky w the adventures, got the wittle bitty baby bear! Hasn't dropped anything but coins yet for me, it I still visit. I regret using the mama bear trap as it would have been great deco next to baby bear. Sufficient pillow drops from adventures to allow me to finish the upgrades yesterday. I have changed my game play strategy. I used to use my store of energy to chop as many items as needed for the event, which left me w enough adventure supply, in this case spoons, to go on about 6,7 adventures, and that was it. I got what I got. Now that I have more energy droppers, I just keep going on them until I complete the upgrade, going more for the bottle next resource rather than the main prize.

    I used to NEVER EVER EVER get the main adventure prize - I only knew it wasn't a teasing myth by reading on the forum how other players did receive it! : ) It was lovely to receive baby bear. : )

    Best wishes to all players- in this event and the general game w building resource supplies! SO FUN! : )

  2. #122
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    I?m confused by what you mean; can you elaborate? Normally you can?t get more than40, but you can go over if you collect from energy animals.
    You can go higher than 40, you just won't get any energy for free anymore.
    If you have 0 energy, than 2 hours later you will have 40 energy (for free). You will only get new free energy if you spent the energy you have and wait.
    If you have 40 energy (or 100, or 1000) the only difference is you won't get your free 'refill's' anymore.

    So you can't go above 40 energy just by waiting and doing nothing. The max for free energy is 40.
    But if you have 40 energy and collect from something that gives you 10 energy, you will have 50 energy. You keep having 50 energy indefinitely if you don't spent it, it's yours to use when you want. Every time you collect from an energy source it will accumulate.

    In my opinion this saving of energy is only useful if you have loads and loads of energy droppers, and you have trouble spending it all.
    Saving means not getting energy for free anymore. That's 40 energy every 2 hours you're not getting, that's huge. You can do so much with just the 40 energy free refills.

    My advise would be to keep using your energy and make your Realm strong.
    Participate in events, gain items/ buildings, save Gems if you can, do trades, expand your Realm, level up your buildings, cook feasts, go on as many adventures as you can (they can be a good source of energy, Gems and random extra goodies)


    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    What does one get from the cabbage hut?
    The Cabbage Hut gives 1 Rotten Cabbage a day. You can use them in the Baron's Tent, in a mini-game to win prizes.
    More info on Cabbage Hut and Baron's Tent here : https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...e-Baron-s-Game
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 04-16-21 at 03:50 AM.

  3. #123
    Executive Chef deadpixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    <snip...>
    In my opinion this saving of energy is only useful if you have loads and loads of energy droppers, and you have trouble spending it all.
    Saving means not getting energy for free anymore. That's 40 energy every 2 hours you're not getting, that's huge. You can do so much with just the 40 energy free refills.
    <...snip>
    Building up a large collection of energy droppers is the way to go.

    We can't be playing the game every two hours because the real world does not allow it so, it's pretty hard to reap the free 40 energy per 2-hours benefit.

    I concentrated on building up my collection of energy droppers and after a couple of years, I collect at least 600 points of energy every day and an additional 1,000 points every seven days. Of course, when the daily droppers are good enough to drop a 100 surprise, the collection is better on that day.

  4. #124
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Building up a large collection of energy droppers is the way to go.

    We can't be playing the game every two hours because the real world does not allow it so, it's pretty hard to reap the free 40 energy per 2-hours benefit.

    I concentrated on building up my collection of energy droppers and after a couple of years, I collect at least 600 points of energy every day and an additional 1,000 points every seven days. Of course, when the daily droppers are good enough to drop a 100 surprise, the collection is better on that day.
    I agree, building up your collection of energy droppers is one of the most helpful things you can do in this game.
    But before you have such a large collection (in order to get there), I think it's important to make the most of your free energy.
    I understand not many people can log in exactly every 2 hours, but every time you do, you'll get a weekly Alicorn worth of energy (if the log'ins are 2 hours apart).
    I think that's a wonderful gift we shouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of.

    If you don't count outright buying energy droppers, collecting them takes time, patience, energy and a healthy Realm.

  5. #125
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232
    Will we be able to buy Goldie at the end of the vent with gems and if so, how many? I haven't been able to play this event but can always use a trade ticket dropper.

  6. #126
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberWillowWinter View Post
    You get *rotten* cabbages, one a day, to chuck at a baron face in the baron's tent for daily prizes. Each toss gives you something, a ha full of coins most often, but also resources, from something you collect, like milk, to a something you craft, like a potion. You can see the baron's tent prize thread, which is pinned (sorry don't know how to put in) as well as cabbage hut thread, which has been posted earlier. : )

    Sorry to be off topic.
    *******

    Re the event:

    I have been SO lucky w the adventures, got the wittle bitty baby bear! Hasn't dropped anything but coins yet for me, it I still visit. I regret using the mama bear trap as it would have been great deco next to baby bear. Sufficient pillow drops from adventures to allow me to finish the upgrades yesterday. I have changed my game play strategy. I used to use my store of energy to chop as many items as needed for the event, which left me w enough adventure supply, in this case spoons, to go on about 6,7 adventures, and that was it. I got what I got. Now that I have more energy droppers, I just keep going on them until I complete the upgrade, going more for the bottle next resource rather than the main prize.

    I used to NEVER EVER EVER get the main adventure prize - I only knew it wasn't a teasing myth by reading on the forum how other players did receive it! : ) It was lovely to receive baby bear. : )

    Best wishes to all players- in this event and the general game w building resource supplies! SO FUN! : )
    Congratulations on getting the cub! I'm happy for you!

    I spent all that money on getting cabbage huts for each of my accounts, and I collect the cabbages every day, and they show up in my inventory, but I *never* get an extra cabbage to throw at the baron. I mean, we automatically get 3 per day, right? And then if I collect 1 from the hut, I should have 4, right? And do they build up over time? I am getting angry that I wasted my money on this!
    Unwritten Forum Rule: No jokes allowed!

  7. #127
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I agree, building up your collection of energy droppers is one of the most helpful things you can do in this game.
    But before you have such a large collection (in order to get there), I think it's important to make the most of your free energy.
    I understand not many people can log in exactly every 2 hours, but every time you do, you'll get a weekly Alicorn worth of energy (if the log'ins are 2 hours apart).
    I think that's a wonderful gift we shouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of.

    If you don't count outright buying energy droppers, collecting them takes time, patience, energy and a healthy Realm.
    Thank you so much for your clear explanation of this issue, and I totally agree with you that until a person can afford energy droppers, they should use their free energy. I've only been playing a few weeks now, so I have virtually no energy droppers, although the daily adventures help as do some occasional trades in the Royal Exchange. I don't know how long it takes to accumulate energy droppers. I did get the Glimmeregg Alicorn which gives a handful of extra energy here and there and one time gave me 40.
    Unwritten Forum Rule: No jokes allowed!

  8. #128
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Thank you so much for your clear explanation of this issue, and I totally agree with you that until a person can afford energy droppers, they should use their free energy. I've only been playing a few weeks now, so I have virtually no energy droppers, although the daily adventures help as do some occasional trades in the Royal Exchange. I don't know how long it takes to accumulate energy droppers. I did get the Glimmeregg Alicorn which gives a handful of extra energy here and there and one time gave me 40.
    I bought the Glimmeregg Alicorn too! They are so beautiful, and great energy droppers.
    More energy droppers will come, but like I said before, it takes time. And Energy droppers are not the only good thing to have, especially in the beginning.
    Everything can be useful, so try to collect as many prizes as you can. Even if you can't complete events, participating is usually rewarding. Like now, getting all 3 Faerie Atrium prizes is fairly easy and within everyone's reach.
    Just enjoy the Main Story Lines (they have some pretty good rewards). I've completed them all, and I miss having always something to work on (now it's mostly events and expansion).

  9. #129
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Congratulations on getting the cub! I'm happy for you!

    I spent all that money on getting cabbage huts for each of my accounts, and I collect the cabbages every day, and they show up in my inventory, but I *never* get an extra cabbage to throw at the baron. I mean, we automatically get 3 per day, right? And then if I collect 1 from the hut, I should have 4, right? And do they build up over time? I am getting angry that I wasted my money on this!
    You only get 3 if you have no Rotten Cabbages in storage. It's like the 40 free energy limit. You get 'filled' to 3, but if you don't throw those, you won't get another 3 the next day.
    And even if something went wrong and you didn't get your 3 free ones to start with, I don't understand why it would be a waste of money?

    If you keep collecting from your Cabbage Hut every day and don't spent any of them, you will be able to win a prize you like now and then.
    Only begin throwing if you really like the prize and if you have at least 25 Cabbages saved. (worst case scenario the main prize will cost you 25 Rotten Cabbages)
    You can keep collecting Cabbages and wait until an energy dropper of guaranteed trade ticket dropper is in your Tent.
    You should be able to pick up around 1 prize a month, and I think it's a great investment. Many of the best droppers in my Realm are prizes from the Cabbage Hut's and they didn't cost me anything more than the initial investment and 1 energy a day (+time and patience)

  10. #130
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,417
    I spent 450 gems on a cabbage hut (one for each of 4 accounts - that adds up!)that doesn't accumulate any cabbages. Maybe I need to contact support. My inventory never shows any cabbages waiting to be used.
    Unwritten Forum Rule: No jokes allowed!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •