Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 157

Thread: Castle Story 04/08: A Golden Opportunity | event information on page 1

  1. #81
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    240
    I don't understand the rationale with the adventures I feel after a certain amount of tries the rare prize should drop. In previous adventures I have sent upwards of over thirty and not get it or the one specific item needed from Ivy or Troll Camp. It feels like all we are doing is wasting resources so I don't try anymore I rather keep my sanity.

  2. #82
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki250 View Post
    I don't understand the rationale with the adventures I feel after a certain amount of tries the rare prize should drop. In previous adventures I have sent upwards of over thirty and not get it or the one specific item needed from Ivy or Troll Camp. It feels like all we are doing is wasting resources so I don't try anymore I rather keep my sanity.
    I agree, although I don't want to have to send out nearly that many adventures to get the special prize. I usually slow down after I have all the resources I need, but will usually send out a few more to see if I can get that special item. Just wish they would increase the drop rate for it. In the past some people got more than 1 which really isn't fair. Maybe they've fixed that. I don't like it when you can't earn it, but it's left to chance (and S8's random generator formula).
    Last edited by ladlasse; 04-12-21 at 12:45 PM.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

  3. #83
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    You know that energy stacks up right? Like, if you collect from all your Alcorns every day, that energy will build up if you do not use it. You should never "save" an Alicorn; collect from it every day and save the energy instead by storing it up.
    Oh my I never realized that that is how "stored energy" works!! You just forget about the automatic <40 refill and collect everything every time it's up!
    Thank you for having enlightened me with this explanation.
    If I purchase the free energy package, does the stored energy not disappear after the timer ends? Or does it reset to 40 again?

  4. #84
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    You know that energy stacks up right? Like, if you collect from all your Alcorns every day, that energy will build up if you do not use it. You should never "save" an Alicorn; collect from it every day and save the energy instead by storing it up.
    If you have more than 40 energy you won't get any free energy so you are losing free energy if you leave that much energy on the table.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I agree, although I don't want to have to send out nearly that many adventures to get the special prize. I usually slow down after I have all the resources I need, but will usually send out a few more to see if I can get that special item. Just with they would increase the drop rate for it. In the past some people got more than 1 which really isn't fair. Maybe they've fixed that. I don't like it when you can't earn it, but it's left to chance (and S8's random generator formula).
    S8 only programs the rare drop for only a few players, almost like casinos programs slot machines for predetermined payouts. It?s never random. S8 does a poor job at this. I?ve visited kingdoms that must have hit rare drops every event adventures. I saw 2 kingdoms that had hit double rare drops in one event. If you don?t get the drop after a dozen trips then it is not worth going anymore. S8 banks on players wasting energy. I can almost bet that the next event will be a Monster hunt!

  6. #86
    Executive Chef deadpixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Oh my I never realized that that is how "stored energy" works!! You just forget about the automatic <40 refill and collect everything every time it's up!
    Thank you for having enlightened me with this explanation.
    If I purchase the free energy package, does the stored energy not disappear after the timer ends? Or does it reset to 40 again?
    Let's say you had 10,000 points of stored energy and purchased an unlimited energy pack, you will not lose any of your stored energy. The energy counter will revert to 10,000 after the timer for the unlimited energy ends.

  7. #87
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Let's say you had 10,000 points of stored energy and purchased an unlimited energy pack, you will not lose any of your stored energy. The energy counter will revert to 10,000 after the timer for the unlimited energy ends.
    Thank you so much for your clear answer!

  8. #88
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Let's say you had 10,000 points of stored energy and purchased an unlimited energy pack, you will not lose any of your stored energy. The energy counter will revert to 10,000 after the timer for the unlimited energy ends.
    Do NOT collect from anything that gives energy. That energy won't be added to your stored energy.

  9. #89
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohn2508 View Post
    Oh my, I have been investing in daily alicorns like a crazy person every single chance I get. On a daily basis from all of my daily droppers I get upwards of 600+ energy. I also have quite a few weekly that are set to collect on Wednesdays so I?m fully stocked for any event that starts (mine always start at 1pm on a Thursday). I?m a nerd and like to collect from every single thing in my kingdom whenever the indicators pop up because I?m one of those people who gets anxiety when a ?notification badge? is present. Can?t stand them, don?t want to see them. My kingdom requires at least 1000 energy a day to maintain (if I clear it twice a day). Even with that, my daily and weekly energy droppers have allowed me to build a base energy of 2000 (this is my new ?zero? energy line that I try not to dip below) so I have plenty to work with during events and maintain my kingdom.

    Always, always collect from your energy droppers! :-)
    How do you get to that point? I have only 4 Alicorns (3) daily (1) weekly and I?m never able to save energy. I too don?t like the notifications and like a clean game sans the watering cans, coins, yellow arrows etc. But in order to collect, play the stories, take adventures, and compete in the events, I?m always using ALL my energy lives each day. How to do you stock up and save?

  10. #90
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    How do you get to that point? I have only 4 Alicorns (3) daily (1) weekly and I?m never able to save energy. I too don?t like the notifications and like a clean game sans the watering cans, coins, yellow arrows etc. But in order to collect, play the stories, take adventures, and compete in the events, I?m always using ALL my energy lives each day. How to do you stock up and save?
    Spending all you energy is the best thing you can do in your case.
    I think you should only think about saving energy if you have so much of it you don't know what to do with it any more.
    The free energy you get every 2 hours is HUGE. That's a weekly Alicorn worth of enegry, given to you for free every 2 hours.
    Don't hurry getting rid of such a wonderful gift.
    Use the energy, make the most of it, try to complete as many events as you can and collect as many prizes as you can. (even prizes you think you don't need, everything can come in use)
    Try to save some Gems over time and maybe spent them on an Alicorn in sale.
    Save Golden Troll Tokens for a Cabbage hut so you can win some prizes (enegry droppers if you're lucky and patient) now and then.
    Enjoy the journey

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •