Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spring Babies Event - 2021 March 31

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanja49 View Post
    You are right Judy, sorry, I get a bit frustraded when I cannot finish. Buying things like baby bassinets I cannot afford. Do not have a lot of gems, have 45 at this moment. I cannot afford to buy gems with real money, so I have to finish it the hard way.

I understand that the game needs money, sorry.
    It can be frustrating trying to get Event items to drop when we all want to turn in as many collections as we can.
    Try sending trains for gems if I can't get the five gems for a full train I always go for the six items for two gems.
    Some players can watch a video every day for one gem.
    Feeding all my pets usually gives me one or two gems a day.
    My best investment was purchasing Show Ponies.
    They give 15 gems a week.
    If the grandchildren give me an iTunes card I always use them for gems.
    So hang in there!
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fashion Designer
    You are right Judy, sorry, I get a bit frustraded when I cannot finish. Buying things like baby bassinets I cannot afford. Do not have a lot of gems, have 45 at this moment. I cannot afford to buy gems with real money, so I have to finish it the hard way.

I completely understand, too. Some things that might help...

* the best advice I was ever given was to invest in show ponies. That means making a purchase w/real money to get the gems to buy one, but once you have it, you're guaranteed 15 gems a week. 52 weeks in a year, and that alot of gems.

* think of the $ u'd spend on the purchase of gems like a replacement for something you don't need that week. Like of you're a Starbucks person, one week giving up Starbucks will buy you at least some gems. Or if you get a McDonald's meal, that's a good $7 or $10 bucks, that's some gems. When you're at the grocery store, instead of buying snacks you can do without, put that $ into gems. If you're able to think of the money spent differently, that helps.

* does this game give you joy? Do you enjoy playing it? If so, it's OK to pay a little bit to enjoy it more. For me, it's worth paying $34/yr to buy max gems so that I can afford a show pony. I do it one time. I spend that in a week at s'bucks and Co aider it a trade off. For other ppl, it might be purchasing a $10 pack during an event. I used to love the mine packs; kind of worthless to some ppl, but I dunno, for five bucks I get a kick out of those compass and other tools in there. If it gives you joy, then it's worthy.
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 04-12-21 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Removed third party

This event was as frustrating as the others. Played Carnival, didn?t get the Panther. Player CNY, didn?t get the Fuu Dog or Golden Ox. Many other some events. And now playing this event, have done almost all tasks. Stuck at the last one and no egg coming out of the juicer. Only 4 hours left! Just want the cute Pastel Lambs, will probably quit playing if I don?t get them 😩🥵

Executive Chef

No, you shouldn't feel bad for venting frustration. Don't apologise.

Not everyone has the means to afford let alone be able to spend money into the game, or would even want to spend money into the game, and you shouldn't feel bad for not doing that. Regardless of how good/bad your financial situation is, either.

If you have the resources for trains, you could earn 5 gems a day if you fully fill it. Even if you don't fully fill it, fill it half way so you can at least get 2 gems. If you do this right, you could potentially be making 5 gems a day + plus the 1 daily gem video if you get the option to watch it, so 6! While granted, you won't be able to fill up each train catalogs, as even I'm not able to, but the gems will eventually accumulate up to buying something you feel is worth it. Weather that be something like an event booster type building, so it could help you more, or even something as simple as a pet or decoration. You can get more gems this way (with 4-7 trains) than 1 show pony can give you within that week - that is unless you absolutely struggle filling up trains.

Think of it this way, you can get a show pony with real money and get the gems with almost little to no effort, but it costs money. The trains however, are free to fill up at least in terms of real world money, but take more effort. It's a double edged sword, as they say, but take this knowledge with you and do whatever you like and can with said knowledge. But gems aren't everything either, it should be something to enhance your gameplay, not be something you need to use to advance and progress in your gameplay, like it seems like it's making you feel currently.

Yay! I did pretty well in this event. Got the baby bunnies and only missed out on the ?mobile? decoration. Managed to win the leaderboard too. Really loved the art for the events this week. I normally keep these exotic pets in storage since you can?t store them again, but for these I will put them out. Great job, S8!
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795