Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/25: The Lightening Thief | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Finished Chapter 1. I bought the Greek Temple and built level 1, but everything else Featured on the Market (Limestone, Statue etc) is grayed out as locked by goal. Chapter 2 isn't due for another 17 hours. What is the unlock step for the market items? Or have y'all gemmed ahead to a later chapter? I'm confused. :-(
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 03-26-21 at 06:37 AM. Reason: chapter 1 only. still confused lol.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    The Greek Statue is NOT a guaranteed drop. 8 out of 10 dropped my first go round.

The drop rate gets worse with each collection. My forth time collecting yielded 6 out of 10.

TheLimestone will drop more than 15 rocks.
    Fortunately, for me the drop rate on the Greek Statue has gotten better with each collection. I am lucky! For once…

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Thoughts on how many Greek Statues to buy?
    It has a 5 minute recharge, so it depends on how often you can check in.

I bought 10 and spent an hour this morning collecting 99 blocks. 310 needed in total. Since there is a 99 inventory limit, the rest of the days will be replacing the 15-40 used on the previous days. I am keeping track of how many I have actually collected so I don't gather more than 310 total. The last day requires 80.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Finished Chapter 2. I can buy the Greek Temple, but everything else for sale (Limestone, Statue etc) is grayed out locked by goal. Chapter 3 isn't due for another 22 hours. What is the unlock step for the market items? Or have y'all gemmed ahead to a later chapter? I'm confused. :-(
    I hope the following thoughts answers your question- mainly on these story book events the trick is to not finish the chapter. Keep it open. For instance don't do that upgrade. Even wait for next day. That way everything stays "open" and you can continue collecting or crafting, and I guess in your case available to buy in market.
    DON'T gem ahead. This doesn't get you any further ahead.
    BTW- don't worry about your situation right now. You'll have time to do a lot of catching up when next chapter opens.
    Last edited by riverly; 03-26-21 at 06:39 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I hope the following thoughts answers your question- mainly on these story book events the trick is to not finish the chapter. Keep it open. For instance don't do that upgrade. Even wait for next day. That way everything stays "open" and you can continue collecting or crafting, and I guess in your case available to buy in market.
    DON'T gem ahead. This doesn't get you any further ahead.
    Thank you so much for responding! I revised my post. Chapter 2 hasn't started yet. You must be right about finishing chapter 1, I didn't remember that bit until after. Weird that Chapter 1 didn't have us place the temple, then I would have seen the goodies on the market. Gah. Oh, well. Thanks again.

In the meantime I am using my energy on a main storyline quest. One of my small (usually 4-6 energy) alicorns gave me a windfall drop of 100 energy so I got a lot done. So I got that going for me. Which is nice. :-)
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    It has a 5 minute recharge, so it depends on how often you can check in.

I bought 10 and spent an hour this morning collecting 99 blocks. 310 needed in total. Since there is a 99 inventory limit, the rest of the days will be replacing the 15-40 used on the previous days. I am keeping track of how many I have actually collected so I don't gather more than 310 total. The last day requires 80.
    I have 5 but I might get 5 more to make life easier. On average I’ve been getting 2.5 when collecting from all 5 so on the last day I’ll have to make over 30 collections which will be tough.

Rhino Keeper
    I have 5 but I might get 5 more to make life easier. On average I’ve been getting 2.5 when collecting from all 5 so on the last day I’ll have to make over 30 collections which will be tough.
    You can collect ahead as long as you don?t close the chapter - though the limit is 99. I have found that can make all the difference in the world between finishing and not.

I have 5 and got my Temple to Level 2 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    You can collect ahead as long as you don?t close the chapter - though the limit is 99. I have found that can make all the difference in the world between finishing and not.
    This is an important tip.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I've got 1 Expansion Permit from the Tiny Reindeer since I got him The week waiting time is absurd
    I just got a trade ticket and an expansion permit. This was at least the second time. I usually tap several ticket droppers at a time so it could have happened more than twice. He is cute and only takes up one square. Other ticket droppers often drop earth wisps or lanterns which I am often maxed on. It takes 30 tickets for one expansion permit. I think it's definitely worth waiting a week for.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    I just got a trade ticket and an expansion permit. This was at least the second time. I usually tap several ticket droppers at a time so it could have happened more than twice. He is cute and only takes up one square. Other ticket droppers often drop earth wisps or lanterns which I am often maxed on. It takes 30 tickets for one expansion permit. I think it's definitely worth waiting a week for.
    It's worth waiting a week if it drops Expansion Permits, of course. But it's far from a guaranteed drop.
    I've collected from him every week since we got him and I always get just a Trade Ticket, with 1 exception.
    I much rather have a Trade Ticket dropper with rare Expansion Permit drops and a 22 hour timer.
    Even if the chance of the EP is twice as high, waiting of whole week for it is way to much.
    And it's a Gem Trap risk.
    But he is cute and I'm keeping him.. I just don't think it's that good of a price, and I don't like S8 being so extreme with waiting time.. we get 'better chances' but it has to be compensated like this?
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-26-21 at 05:12 PM. Reason: removed quote as post removed

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast