Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/25: The Lightening Thief | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    What else do you have running in the background on your device? With all the neighbor visits, our RAM & processor usage is extra high this event. It's not just storage space on a device that hinders game play. Location services on most apps is ON by default, I turn off everything except Maps, my browser, and emergency locator plus Find My Device. No other app really needs to know where I am geographically to function. And check the "background refresh". Many apps have the default as ON, and you really only need a refresh when actually using the app.The app will automatically refresh itself before using, so this automatic refresh of everything is stupid IMO. It benefits those tracking us only, it's no benefit to us as far as I can tell. Even Mail, I use Push instead of automatically having the app checking constantly. You have a new device right? So maybe you need to tweak some of the processor and RAM suckers turned on automatically by default.
    All of your advice is 100% correct. And I've been doing it for years, with every phone I have. I took a break from CS in 2019, when the game worked reasonably well (except during Weekday Warrior where it would get a bit overwhelmed by all the clicks and loot.)

But right now the game pauses every time I click something, like it's super-overloaded.

My phone isn't terribly old - Motorola z2 force was a flagship model circa 2016. And I recently did a factory data wipe, so I don't have a lot of congestion. 32Gb of onboard memory plus 32 Gb SD card, each only half full of my old files. VERY few apps.

Castle Story cache is 90kb but storage is 1.4 Gb. That seemed high so I cleared them, but after taking a zillion years to load (my normal load time in 2021 is 2 minutes), the movement pauses quickly kick in again.

Maybe I should reinstall, but SW said that was only for graphics issues.

EDIT: just wiped data and cache, we'll see how it goes
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 03-29-21 at 10:03 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    Remember that the adventures will give additional droppers from this event. I have already gotten an extra fountain, vase and Cerberus. That will be helpful later on.
    Me too! I just started chapter 6 and already have a fountain, 3 vases, and 2 Skyfall Cerberus (also 1 Cerberus pup I?m keeping in my inventory cause it?s just too cute and I want to keep it as a pup)! I usually don?t get many extras from the adventures but so far I?m doing good with this event.

Executive Chef
    Chapter 6 is one you will want to keep open til next day. See how many temple beams and temple columns you can build.

Executive Chef
    Has anyone gemmed ahead to Chapter 7?

What is Rally the Knights?

I plan to try make all 11 temple beams and blocks during Chapter 6. There is another side quest after making the temple column (autocompleted for me). The beam and column crafts remain.

EDIT: Correction: I will make 8 of the Temple Beams because we need to complete atleast 2 more Seek the Lightning Thief adventures and I always get a limestone rock from the adventure. I don't want extras.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 03-30-21 at 07:59 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Has anyone gemmed ahead to Chapter 7?

What is Rally the Knights?

I plan to try make all 11 temple beams and blocks during Chapter 6. There is another side quest after making the temple column (autocompleted for me). The beam and column crafts remain.
    The fur and gnawed bones also still drop.
    It looks like I'm going to be looking for a lot of jewels today for the beam and column crafts.
    But I'm glad I'll be getting rid of some rock piles.
    I suspect Rally the knights will be just hit a go button. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess4110 View Post
    I just started chapter 6 and already have a fountain, 3 vases, and 2 Skyfall Cerberus (also 1 Cerberus pup I?m keeping in my inventory cause it?s just too cute and I want to keep it as a pup)! I usually don?t get many extras from the adventures but so far I?m doing good with this event.
    Same here! Normally the adventures are a bust for me but this time I’m doing really well.

I forget. Where do we find stone wood? I used 30 for level 1 but dont see where we get it on page 1. Thanks.

Executive Chef
    I don't know why I felt this way, but after one of my "Seek the Lightning Thief" quests, I got a full grown Skyfall Cerberus, and it was rather disconcerting to watch him tumble from the castle. At least he wasn't hurt from the fall. Lol!

So at the completion of the event, all we get is Herc and the completed temple? I was going to try to see it through to the end, but the upcoming chapters look a little daunting. I might just keep what I have and call it a day.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    I am on Chapter 6, and my pups and Skyfall Cerberus (from an adventure) are only dropping fur. No bones. Is it just bad luck, or do I need to allow the pups to grow up?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    I am on Chapter 6, and my pups and Skyfall Cerberus (from an adventure) are only dropping fur. No bones. Is it just bad luck, or do I need to allow the pups to grow up?
    I'm having the same luck, and mine are grown up.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.