Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/25: The Lightening Thief | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    The 4 hr timer on The fountains is going to **** me! I don't see, even with the couple extra I got on adventures (and one just dropped on my last adventure, yay!) how I can get to 60 total of the spell of Aeg-----.

S8, please change the time to 2 hours for the fountains.

Some of the people that play your games have health issues, myself included. Believe me, my doctors would go nuts if I told them I need to set a timer to collect for a game. And I can't set those timers, I need my rest. You need to make these things doable in a reasonable day. Please consider your consumers.

Thanks,
    Kathleen
    Kat the fountains drop multiples of everything. You will average 2 per collection of the Aegaeon (it's sometimes 1, sometimes 3, but mostly 2). And also the Poseidon, you will have more than you need by the time you reach that chapter.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    The 4 hr timer on The fountains is going to **** me! I don't see, even with the couple extra I got on adventures (and one just dropped on my last adventure, yay!) how I can get to 60 total of the spell of Aeg-----.

S8, please change the time to 2 hours for the fountains.
    FWIW: the fountains can drop multiples of the potion of Aragorn - once I got 3 from 1 fountain

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Kat the fountains drop multiples of everything. You will average 2 per collection of the Aegaeon (it's sometimes 1, sometimes 3, but mostly 2). And also the Poseidon, you will have more than you need by the time you reach that chapter.
    Also, if you keep looking for the Lighting Thief, you'll sometimes get additional fountains.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey80503 View Post
    I have same issue every time there?s neighbor request. Takes two days. They need to stop having ask neighbor quest on day 9! By the time all neighbor requests are counted/acknowledged, theres not enough time to finish the quest without gemming. Previous storybook adventures had the same problem.
    They need to stop having neighbour requests period. This is a broken feature in every single game they have. Always has been. And they refuse to fix it.

Executive Chef
    So at Day 8, we need 15 Spells of Aegaeon to upgrade, then 30 more for the three Marble Thrones. Currently I am at 27, so only 18 more to go. Seems doable with four fountains. My columns and beams and crowns are done. My day turns over at midnight (California) so I will send out the neighbor requests and hopefully they will all be in by morning. Or I will stay up way too late and start visiting if my storybooks come in. I have a lot of generous neighbors who are awake when I am asleep, and vice versa.

Rhino Keeper
    Forgive me if anyone else has already posted this but... I get to chapter 9 tomorrow morning. I have a method for neighbor requests that usually works for me. I go into the News area and I screenshot the 20 entries there. Usually at least 14 of them are my neighbors. I've also been taking screenshots as people request items from me, because that means they're relatively active. I send my requests to all neighbors in those screenshots. Then I wait about 30 minutes (or as soon after that as I can) and I select all of my neighbors and send again. It won't send to the ones that you sent earlier because of the algorithm.
    Anyway, that increases my odds, and I usually have them all filled within a couple of hours.
    Hope that helps.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I selectively picked 20 neighbours who I know will respond quickly and then I went back and sent all all. I don't think it only chooses the first 20 as a lot of responses came from the second batch. Personally I've never had issues with neighbour requests as once I've sent out responses I close my game for an hour or so and come back to check for other responses or wait overnight depending on the time. Given the vast majority of requests magically turn up at reset time I respond to those and then they drip feed in. I do force close when I leave and I never ever visit someone to sync my game. I don't know why it doesn't work the same for everyone... I know neighbour requests have always been problematic.

I'll ask if we can do something different for next time we have this event format, perhaps 10-15 responses instead of 20.

Fashion Designer
    That would be great SW. Thank you.

I have done lots of adventures and have 4 Greek fountains. It looks as though everything will be possible, in fact I feel this morning (Good Friday) like I only need to come in four hourly to collect from the fountains.

So keep seeking the lightning thief!

Fashion Designer
    Since I started a day behind, and a lot of my old neighbors don't play anymore, I was resigned to waiting for neighbor requests. Like several of you, I got 11/15 very quickly. I also remembered you get an extra "freebie" request from Stormie's Castle, So I turned around sent that one out, separately.

I *REALLY* liked the Community Visits step. I got to meet new people and added some active neighbors while winnowing my neighbor list. Weird, when I left the heart things were supposed to show who was active. Now it's backwards: people who haven't been on in 1-2 years have up to 3 hearts, and people I know are posting daily do not. Weird.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks to all that responded to my post about the fountains. They are now dropping multiples for me, yay! I don't believe they did until today; however, I see the horizon lol.

Good luck all, K♡