Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/25: The Lightening Thief | event information on page 1

First time collecting from fountains gave me Not only Aegaeon spell, but also Poseidon spell.
    Soooo happy. This will make the last day much more doable.

New Resident
    My game just crashed, I just had upgraded my temple to level 6, did part of the chapter 7 challenge when it crashed. Now I can't upgrade to level 6 because there is no button to upgrade. I already got a ticket from support. I really hope they can fix this quickly...I really wanted to finish the challenge and up to now it was do-able. Now all I can do is wait and craft the stuff needed to upgrade the temple in the later chapters

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I foresee that I'll be facing some issues for the first goal in Chapter 9, "Ask Neighbors for Greek Storybooks."

Back in Chapter 5, when we had to "Ask Neighbors for Astrology Maps," I had to do it over two days because the counter was stuck at 11/15. The strange thing is that when I checked the News screen, they listed TEN neighbors instead of eleven, who had responded. When I checked with two of my friends, who are also my neighbors, they said they did respond, but they weren't listed.

I know I'm not the only player who encountered this issue because I've read about it repeatedly in previous events. Players have requested (no begged) for this issue to be fixed, but it either never gets fixed or keeps coming back.

I should put in a ticket to support, but I'm reminded of the saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Most of us have submitted tickets about our encounters with this issue at one time or another. Since the results have always been the same, I'm wondering if I would be insane to be expecting a different outcome
    I have same issue every time there?s neighbor request. Takes two days. They need to stop having ask neighbor quest on day 9! By the time all neighbor requests are counted/acknowledged, theres not enough time to finish the quest without gemming. Previous storybook adventures had the same problem.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Greek Temple Temple Column Temple Beam Temple Crown Marble Throne Song of Olympus | Fine Marble Marble Rock Cerberus Fur Larkspur Gem Gnawed Bone Spell of Aegaeon Spell of Poseidon | Stone Wood Jewels | Energy Chapter
    Greek Temple L1 | | 30 10 | 1
    Greek Temple L2 | 15 15 | | 32 2
    Greek Temple L3 | 20 20 20 | | 69 3
    Greek Temple L4 | 25 25 15 15 | | 88 4
    Greek Temple L5 | 30 30 15 7 | | 107 5
    Greek Temple L6 1 1 | 20 20 20 10 | 10 10 10 | 104 6
    Greek Temple L7 2 2 2 | 40 40 20 10 2 15 | 20 20 20 | 143 7
    Greek Temple L8 2 2 2 | 40 40 20 10 2 15 | 20 20 20 | 143 8
    Greek Temple L9 2 2 2 2 | 40 40 20 10 2 20 | 20 20 20 | 148 9
    Greek Temple L10 4 4 1 1 | 80 80 10 10 10 | 40 40 40 | 205 10
    Total 11 11 6 3 1 | 310 310 95 90 23 60 10 | 140 110 120 | 1 039 10
    Collector 12 12 7 4 2 | 331 331 106 106 25 71 21 | 150 120 130 | 1 143
    I got my 11 Columns and Beams done, and collected all my furs and gems, so I wanted to write down these last bits together, as the sources and makings aren't in one spot in the guide.

I still need some more bones; I didn't have 23 before I started using them, lol.

x6 Temple Crown - Potion Shop, 2 hours - 10 cerberus fur (Cerberus), 5 larkspur gem (Vase), 1 gnawed bone (Cerberus)

x3 Marble Throne - Magic Forge, 4 hours - 10 spell of Aegaeon (Fountain), 5 silver ore, 10 iron ore

x1 Song of Olympus - Magic Forge, 6 hours - 10 spell of Poseidon (Fountain), 5 silver ore, 10 larkspur gem (Vase)
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey80503 View Post
    I have same issue every time there?s neighbor request. Takes two days. They need to stop having ask neighbor quest on day 9! By the time all neighbor requests are counted/acknowledged, theres not enough time to finish the quest without gemming. Previous storybook adventures had the same problem.
    I had the same issue happen to me in the last storybook event. I made sure that I had everything crafted except for the big items for Chapters 9 and 10. Then I waited

My faithful neighbors came through, and I managed to craft the last few required items and complete the event by the skin of my teeth, with just over an hour to spare

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I had the same issue happen to me in the last storybook event. I made sure that I had everything crafted except for the big items for Chapters 9 and 10. Then I waited

My faithful neighbors came through, and I managed to craft the last few required items and complete the event by the skin of my teeth, with just over an hour to spare
    wow, you are on a totally different day than I am. I mean, I know you are in real life, too, but in the game I just started chapter 9.

you know that you could always add me as a neighbor if you wanted to. I'm in the game(s) all the time so am constantly sending gifts, so long as I receive the request.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    My Cerberus pup has not grown up after multiple (80+) collection, store and place cycles. If you collect from pup, store and place, make sure your game registers this by either going to the social menu or running the game a bit longer before quitting game.

I am not looking forward to chapter 9. Neighbour requests coupled with visiting community members will undoubtedly result in delays.

Tip for those experiencing very long loading times for visiting:
    Visit lowest level non-neighbour player on your community feed
    Go onto their wall
    Visit a non-neighbour player
    Repeat

I find this way faster than waiting for my community feed to load and visiting from that.
    Thanks for this, great tip! I always get frustrated trying to do multi visits from same page, and disliked having to return Home again every visit!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    Have people experienced massive resets for this event? I've had to "re" complete chapters multiple times. Like when I already asked for astrology maps but it rolled back to before that was an option. I sign back in, thinking I accomplished everything . . . only to have to "re" complete a chapter and then wait on certain things because it recognized I pressed certain events (like Seek the Lighting Thief adventure) but now I have to wait for my next one to count . . . again. Sometimes it takes 15-30 seconds per icon press before it will maybe even activate.
    Not chapters, but I do get in-game resets that are annoying because it's a quick one without the galloping steed to alert me. I especially noticed it this AM. I battled a cyclops, was starting another battle, then "blink" cyclops was gone. Previously noticed it more when logging in later & noticing a build I started & logged in again to collect, wasn't done. Or noticed a collection from a long timer item I routinely collect from, wasn't registered.

RE: people who seem to have 2 days needed for neighbor requests......I wonder if your time zone somehow affects this. If you happen to be, say, an hour or so from an end of day for many of your neighbors, they may just have left the game & sleeping when you ask, and there's an 8+ hour gap before they even see it? Meanwhile, you asked early in your day and have stopped playing and are sleeping after they awake & start playing again. This would make many of your requests "over 2 days" to collect. Not sure how you could verify who is in what time zone, to try to ask people in Your timezone, other than Forum people who post their location.

And for anyone interested, it is 90 gems to advance the last chapter early. I did it on one account.

I got the neighbor requests back in about 3-4 hours for Ch 10 FYI.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-01-21 at 11:24 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    The 4 hr timer on The fountains is going to **** me! I don't see, even with the couple extra I got on adventures (and one just dropped on my last adventure, yay!) how I can get to 60 total of the spell of Aeg-----.

S8, please change the time to 2 hours for the fountains.

Some of the people that play your games have health issues, myself included. Believe me, my doctors would go nuts if I told them I need to set a timer to collect for a game. And I can't set those timers, I need my rest. You need to make these things doable in a reasonable day. Please consider your consumers.

Thanks,
    Kathleen

P.S. THE FOUNTAINS IS NOW DROPPING MULTIPLES FOR ME, I BELIEVE IT STARTED TODAY BUT IT IS NOW DOABLE, YAY! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO ANSWERED MY POST IN THE UPCOMING PAGES. K♡
    Last edited by kat8rose; 04-01-21 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    wow, you are on a totally different day than I am. I mean, I know you are in real life, too, but in the game I just started chapter 9.

you know that you could always add me as a neighbor if you wanted to. I'm in the game(s) all the time so am constantly sending gifts, so long as I receive the request.
    Scribbled on your wall