Thread: Doing 10x food boost and resync occurs why doesn't boost timer resync back?

Banned

Doing 10x food boost and resync occurs why doesn't boost timer resync back?

At 10:30 am. Pacific time S8 does a resync. The game actually waits 2 mins and does a resync at 10:32 but resyncs back to 10:30. The game then waits another 2 mins approx and again resyncs back to 10:30 am.
    Today I needed to boost to claim Ocarina from tales and it was running when resync happened. I had 463,000 apples at 10:30 and harvested farms to get to 464,000. Boost timer was about 38:02 time remaining. First resync started. When over, apples were back to 463,000 and boost timer was about 37.25. I kept planting and 2nd resync started. When over, apples back at 463,000 and boost timer was about 35.5. So I lost all those apples again and about 2.5 mins boost time.
    Why doesn't the boost timer get set back to where it was when the resync happens? And why must S8 do 2 resyncs almost back to back? This is not isolated case. These resyncs occur like this almost every day, if not every day.

Please don't tell me the game is working as it's supposed to because working like this is not correct. I'd rather hear from you that it's too hard for S8 to program the timer to resync that too.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    This isn't how the game works at all. If you're encountering sync errors, it's because the game client is attempting to send up new information to the server and it can't because the connection is rejecting the change. This can happen if there's a drop in connection or poor connectivity with the connection. We haven't made any changes to how the game saves actions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    This isn't how the game works at all. If you're encountering sync errors, it's because the game client is attempting to send up new information to the server and it can't because the connection is rejecting the change. This can happen if there's a drop in connection or poor connectivity with the connection. We haven't made any changes to how the game saves actions.
    As I said in my note, this has been happening for years! So yes, you haven't made changes. If you paid attention to the very specific time I noted when this happens, you'd realize it's the time one event may end and next starts and S8 changes things in the market. So S8 is sending updated info to the game. You can count on those 2 times for resyncs and it happens on days with no activity also. Seems S8 has some timer mechanism set for each day even if no changes coming. These resyncs are not troubles on my end they're things triggered by S8. If it was a plain reset...shouldn't that boost timer be reset too?