Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/18: Monster Hunt season 31 & LB | event information on page 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I'm a new player, and this is my first monster hunt and leaderboard, so I don't know what to expect, even though I am an experienced Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story player. I'm not totally sure how this all works, but I'm just going to go for it and see what happens (I know that more info will be added later).

But, anyway, I just got my first Purple Glitter Golem, and he takes 90 energy to defeat! I was not expecting that.

Also, all I need to get Sir Pigglesworth is an apple, which I don't have. Should I just be patient and hope to get one someday, or should I pay the 80 gems now to get him? I just purchased Aideen, and her description said that there is a chance she could drop an Apple, so I was planning to wait.
    I agree with Sofiadio. Wait it out. **** that golem or park it for later. What lvl are you.. there are adavantages to not leveling too quick.. lower requirements for events.. just food for thought. Skip this event its ****

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to spawn 2 Fangbeasts from 5 chickens. Either I was extremely lucky, or Storm8 has ended the nonsense of cutting down on Fangbeasts spawn rate during monster hunts.
    You really try to complete that goal? Its a waste of time.. geex

Executive Chef
    I stopped caring about the special MH monsters when S8 stopped having the MH monster drop MH tokens.

Fashion Designer
    I think the design of the gargoyles is great and goes well with the academy. They are different but still work perfectly with the castle/medieval theme.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8F3FADF-7262-475E-AEE4-BFF0FA298197.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	58732

Rhino Keeper
    Again with the crowns, no walkers to buy, and WE NEED SCROLLS! Storm8 should stop with the crowns or alternate and give us scrolls!

Rhino Keeper
    I had almost 70 gold tokens saved from the last MH going for one of those expensive little Alicolts, so I am excited to get my first one in a minute! Woot! :-)

I did get all of my armored fangbeasts last time too (I ****ed so so many golems). I think I?m just going to go for the one Alicolt and call it a day!

Probably end up completing re/decorating the ol? kingdom during this week. So many new things to incorporate! It?s so relaxing to me to move things around and make cute little areas to visit. I love seeing everyone?s pics, I get so many good ideas! Thanks everyone for sharing!

Rhino Keeper
    I just started Part III of the Elemental Discovery, so it's perfect time to whack some (lots, I mean LOTS of) Toxified spirits.

Honestly there was one Monster Hunt where I busted my butt to get a second Dark Unicorn and that sort of burned me out on Monster Hunts. I find them the least . . . interactive? Combat in this game is fairly redundant. You don't have the same challenge of resource management and decision making during other events (okay, I go for these resources while crafting this, but I have to plan for x later on, etc.). Not to say the other events don't get repetitious at times, farming/grinding resources (especially low drops) can get that way, but MH seem the least engaging to me. Does anyone else feel that way? It does provide a bit of a break compared to the more challenging events though and I do appreciate that.

I have enough Rag and Bone/Scrapmetal peddlers in my queendom and am always maxed out in swords, armor, etc. so, will only concentrate on collecting Troll Tokens. I still have three of each of Untamed Alicolts and Armored Direboars to craft. My goal is to craft either one of each or two of either

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I'm a new player, and this is my first monster hunt and leaderboard, so I don't know what to expect, even though I am an experienced Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story player. I'm not totally sure how this all works, but I'm just going to go for it and see what happens (I know that more info will be added later).

But, anyway, I just got my first Purple Glitter Golem, and he takes 90 energy to defeat! I was not expecting that.

Also, all I need to get Sir Pigglesworth is an apple, which I don't have. Should I just be patient and hope to get one someday, or should I pay the 80 gems now to get him? I just purchased Aideen, and her description said that there is a chance she could drop an Apple, so I was planning to wait.
    I agree with what everyone else has said, but have a few things to add. For now avoid your pigs and cows. You will want to fight monsters who can give you Shield, Sword, and Staff tokens. The monster of the season (in this case the gargoyle) will not drop tokens you can trade in the trade wagon. It will only help you win the leaderboard for this one monster hunt.
    Getting the major prize is very difficult and requires luck, energy, and gems/money.

Do finish all the goals so you can get the Young Gargoyle. He will help you with resources in the future.
    Also based on page one he will give you multiple drops for 1 energy. Always helpful when energy is tight.

I recommend you fight the typical monsters to get tokens you can trade.
    If available, do the quest for Lorelei’s Fountain first. This will give you an additional source for gold tokens in future hunts.
    After that there is a lot of debate on strategy if you go for the 2nd cabbage hut or the mythic research center.

Personally, I did the cabbage hut first because it is year round. Once you have that, you can save up cabbages for the Baron’s tent to get some amazing prizes depending on the month.

Forgot to talk about energy:
    1st off don’t worry about completing all of the daily challenges. The Fangbeasts are shy so it takes too much energy to complete the Novice challenge. As people mentioned, it is a good idea to do the other 2 challenges though. Completing them will give you extra tokens to trade in the Trade Wagon.
    Chop a dead tree once a day for the Blue Dire Boar.
    **** at least 1 purple Glimmer Golem (as you read they take about 40 energy to defeat and give a good amount of energy back which means more tokens for you)

The most energy efficient strategy is to do the 1 Blue Dire Boar a day when that challenge is available. Then spend the rest of the time with your horses. You are guaranteed a Glimmer Golem for every collection from a horse. This means you do not waste energy trying to find monsters to fight for tokens. All your energy can be used to help you get tokens that can be used to get energy droppers, more workshops, or other things that can help you.

My first few monster hunts I stopped all storylines or collections and just fought monsters to get tokens. Not sure if that aligns with your goals, but I hope you find this information helpful. Good luck!
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 03-19-21 at 10:23 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    I agree with Sofiadio. Wait it out. **** that golem or park it for later. What lvl are you.. there are adavantages to not leveling too quick.. lower requirements for events.. just food for thought. Skip this event its ****
    Thank you and everyone else who answered my question. I actually have a couple accounts. The one I am most focused on is level 17, almost 18. I seem to be doing ok in this event so far and will just see what I get out of it. My other account is level 15 and just got a Golden Apple (yay!) but it doesn't have a Golden Egg yet, so I still can't get Sir Pigglesworth. Lol! Sooner or later.

I am an animal lover and grew up on a ranch where we had cattle, sheep, a goat, geese (which look very much like the swans in this game), and pigs. Part of the fun for me is just having the animals and watching their animations and listening to them when I collect from them, so I am looking forward to getting Pigglesworth just because he looks cute.

Last week sometime I got a pop-up about a spring calf coming to the market, but I've never seen it in the market. Maybe I'm not at a high enough level to get it?

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here crafting flour, apparently for the rest of my life. lol!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast