Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/18: Monster Hunt season 31 & LB | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    I decided to put out my cloudberry bushes and go Faun hunting. It’s not as good a return on energy as horses, but I want to stock up my Seals of the Faun. Then I can build up my Explorer’s Permits for expansion. I don’t do that often because I have to squeeze in lots of Royal buildings, but if I build up my coins and other supplies, I can do a few plots at the same time. I like having an objective. The bushes trigger the Faun, Wisp, and Skunkupines.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    I agree with what everyone else has said, but have a few things to add. For now avoid your pigs and cows. You will want to fight monsters who can give you Shield, Sword, and Staff tokens. The monster of the season (in this case the gargoyle) will not drop tokens you can trade in the trade wagon. It will only help you win the leaderboard for this one monster hunt.
    Getting the major prize is very difficult and requires luck, energy, and gems/money.

Do finish all the goals so you can get the Young Gargoyle. He will help you with resources in the future.
    Also based on page one he will give you multiple drops for 1 energy. Always helpful when energy is tight.

I recommend you fight the typical monsters to get tokens you can trade.
    If available, do the quest for Lorelei?s Fountain first. This will give you an additional source for gold tokens in future hunts.
    After that there is a lot of debate on strategy if you go for the 2nd cabbage hut or the mythic research center.

Personally, I did the cabbage hut first because it is year round. Once you have that, you can save up cabbages for the Baron?s tent to get some amazing prizes depending on the month.

Forgot to talk about energy:
    1st off don?t worry about completing all of the daily challenges. The Fangbeasts are shy so it takes too much energy to complete the Novice challenge. As people mentioned, it is a good idea to do the other 2 challenges though. Completing them will give you extra tokens to trade in the Trade Wagon.
    Chop a dead tree once a day for the Blue Dire Boar.
    **** at least 1 purple Glimmer Golem (as you read they take about 40 energy to defeat and give a good amount of energy back which means more tokens for you)

The most energy efficient strategy is to do the 1 Blue Dire Boar a day when that challenge is available. Then spend the rest of the time with your horses. You are guaranteed a Glimmer Golem for every collection from a horse. This means you do not waste energy trying to find monsters to fight for tokens. All your energy can be used to help you get tokens that can be used to get energy droppers, more workshops, or other things that can help you.

My first few monster hunts I stopped all storylines or collections and just fought monsters to get tokens. Not sure if that aligns with your goals, but I hope you find this information helpful. Good luck!
    Oh, wow, you must have been typing your post while I was typing mine, so I didn't see your post until after I posted. Thank you so much for this information! It is very helpful. I agree - I might just focus on battling monsters and not work on the storylines for a few days.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Glad it was helpful!

Rhino Keeper
    I just got my Troll Training Grounds; level 3 at the moment. Does it spawn anything?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    I just got my Troll Training Grounds; level 3 at the moment. Does it spawn anything?
    Troll Training Ground (2x2) limit 2 Can be sold
    Collection time: L5: 12 hours
    Speed up: L5: 24 gems
    Drops (from all levels): longsword, troll essence, creep tooth, troll horn,
    Build/level 1 l 20 fur, 2 fancy block, 2 fancy beam, 2 builder's paste | 21 hour collection
    Level 2 | 20 bone, 1 ornate beam, 1 ornate block, 3 builder's paste |18 hour collection
    Level 3 | 2 ornate beam, 2 ornate block, 20 troll essence, 4 builder's paste | 16 hour collection
    Level 4 | 4 ornate beam, 4 ornate block, 2 architect's paste, 20 troll club | 14 hour collection
    Level 5 | 6 ornate beam, 6 ornate block, 6 architect's paste, 30 troll club | 12 hour collection

Nightclub Owner
    Did someone craft the Armored Gargoyle?
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Does the armoured bear drop guaranteed energy
    And armoured dark unicorn drop any energy?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post
    Does the armoured bear drop guaranteed energy
    And armoured dark unicorn drop any energy?
    No.
    No.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I'm a new player, and this is my first monster hunt and leaderboard, so I don't know what to expect, even though I am an experienced Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story player. I'm not totally sure how this all works, but I'm just going to go for it and see what happens (I know that more info will be added later).

But, anyway, I just got my first Purple Glitter Golem, and he takes 90 energy to defeat! I was not expecting that.

Also, all I need to get Sir Pigglesworth is an apple, which I don't have. Should I just be patient and hope to get one someday, or should I pay the 80 gems now to get him? I just purchased Aideen, and her description said that there is a chance she could drop an Apple, so I was planning to wait.
    Sir Pigglesworth is useful with multiple drops for newer players. The big thing with him, is that he is a pig you don't have to wait to get from multiple adventures, or pay gems for. When you can do trades in the royal exchange, bacon is an early resource used to help get energy and expansion permits. I don't think you need to worry too much about not completing him too soon. You can look at the expansion map to see where the permits will be needed, but it's early for you yet at level 17. I also agree that I wouldn't zoom too quickly in leveling.

There is a thread here explaining the monster hunt. But you will learn it just by playing. Most players don't find the competition of leader boards fun (me included), but these events give good opportunities to get tokens to purchase items in the trade wagon (tinker camp is a 3rd workshop that is super helpful, cabbage hut drops a cabbage a day, very helpful for Barons tent items, wizard's portal daily energy dropper extremely helpful), and MRC. I stressed that I could not get MRC magic resource center for multiple monster hunts (every 4? Months). But I think it is intended to be a long term project. I think cabbage hut is best early because you can get energy droppers in the tent.

I agree that each day you should do two of the daily hunt goals in the goal book (upper left corner). Spawn the golem collecting from a horse, and spawn a boar from chopping a dead tree. I avoid the daily hunt novice because it takes too much energy to spawn 5 fangbeasts. For this event you will want to spawn monsters to collect tokens. Horses are every 6 hours I think, so while waiting for them, spawn any creature you can to build the shield points. You may want to bring the bushes back out and spawn those toxic spirits. The beginning of the thread usually has a monster guide showing how to spawn each type - Information nugget #5 : Beasts.

The goals tab in the beast master panel will show you how you are progressing towards the small gargoyle, and other periodic rewards along the way. I do think it is worth trying for him.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 03-19-21 at 03:29 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Thank you and everyone else who answered my question. I actually have a couple accounts. The one I am most focused on is level 17, almost 18. I seem to be doing ok in this event so far and will just see what I get out of it. My other account is level 15 and just got a Golden Apple (yay!) but it doesn't have a Golden Egg yet, so I still can't get Sir Pigglesworth. Lol! Sooner or later.

I am an animal lover and grew up on a ranch where we had cattle, sheep, a goat, geese (which look very much like the swans in this game), and pigs. Part of the fun for me is just having the animals and watching their animations and listening to them when I collect from them, so I am looking forward to getting Pigglesworth just because he looks cute.

Last week sometime I got a pop-up about a spring calf coming to the market, but I've never seen it in the market. Maybe I'm not at a high enough level to get it?

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here crafting flour, apparently for the rest of my life. lol!
    Dont worry about pop up sales. Cows that cost gems are to be avoided.. just because it needs gems does not make it drop Golden Poop... watch videos everyday. If an Golden Apple doesnt show up then close it and let it reload

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast