Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/18: Monster Hunt season 31 & LB | event information on page 1

Banned
    If I did my Math right Armoured Direwolf 5 day timer only knocks off 45 minutes after 5 days., Collected today at 11AM and shows using online clock calculator that it will be availlable to tap on Sat 27th at 10:15AM

just in case anyone was wondering

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    ... I have to squeeze in lots of Royal buildings ...
    I noticed that the Theater, which is a 2x2 building, has 230 royal points at level 1. That's a good "RP per square" density, I think, lol. The big 3x3 and 4x4 buildings aren't that good at level 1. This is my own *personal* observation, not from any game guide. Has anyone else looked at this?

For new players, don't waste tokens on the Locket - it's a dead end.

I bought the Tinker Camp first (spare workshop plus glue-making) (EDIT: I bought the Cooking Camp first, it makes all non-quest food, very happy with it for making feasts for Adventures) and then the MRC. I didn't realize that making monsters (at the MRC) requires more gold tokens, lol. I have made some monsters since but I feel like I should have gotten the Cabbage Hut first.

And on the other hand, the Wizard's Portal takes gold tokens to upgrade, but gives you 4 free energy every 5 hours at level 1. So it's like buying a Wizard School! I don't have an alicorn army, so I'm wondering if I should go for the Portal now.

My biggest problem with the Cabbage Hut would be making a decision as to what prize I want to get. And I get the impression that they offer fewer energy droppers and more decorative "pets."

I am terribly slow at building up tokens because I keep clicking other things instead of using *all* of my energy for fights, lol.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 03-23-21 at 06:47 AM. Reason: I bought Cooking Camp here (Tinker Camp is from Royal Exchange)
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I noticed that the Theater, which is a 2x2 building, has 230 royal points at level 1. That's a good "RP per square" density, I think, lol. The big 3x3 and 4x4 buildings aren't that good at level 1. This is my own *personal* observation, not from any game guide. Has anyone else looked at this?

I bought the Tinker Camp first (spare workshop plus glue-making) and then the MRC. I didn't realize that making monsters requires more gold tokens, lol. I have made some monsters since but I feel like I should have gotten the Cabbage Hut first.

And on the other hand, the Wizard's Portal takes gold tokens to upgrade, but gives you 4 free energy every 5 hours at level 1. So it's like buying a Wizard School! I don't have an alicorn army, so I'm wondering if I should go for the Portal now.

My biggest problem with the Cabbage Hut would be making a decision as to what prize I want to get. And I get the impression that they offer fewer energy droppers and more decorative "pets."

I am terribly slow at building up tokens because I keep clicking other things instead of using *all* of my energy for fights, lol.
    I think your mixing up the Tinker Camp (from the Royal exchange, Trade Tickets) with the Cooking Camp (from the Trade Wagon, Golden Troll Tokens)
    But I agree the Tinker Camp is a must. It can double as a Workshop or a Potion Shop, you should definitely get it as fast as possible.
    The Cooking Camp (doubles as a Kitchen)is less impressive in my point of view. I would prioritize the Mythic Research Center, all energy droppers within, Wizard's Portal's and Cabbage Hut.

I don't pay much attention to Royal Point. I just place a bunch of Watch Towers in my Realm if I need to expand.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post

I bought the Tinker Camp first (spare workshop plus glue-making) and then the MRC. I didn't realize that making monsters requires more gold tokens, lol. I have made some monsters since but I feel like I should have gotten the Cabbage Hut first.

Although this round of rewards in the Baron's tent isn't terribly exciting, I managed to get 5 mint chip alicorns with the help of the cabbage hut. I've gotten several super good items. Cabbage hut would be very high on my list.

I'm a big fan of theaters for RP. I only have one each of the 3x3 buildings. At level 5 one of my theaters has 276 RP and gives1248 coin. My favorite RP building is my cathedral -level 5 gives 2040 coin and 312 coins. But for boosting RP and keeping building in storage until needed for expanding, multiple theaters are my top choice.

I wish I had put the wizard's portal higher in my list. I just now got it and it IS like the wizard school. Both of these give multiple energy, multiple times a day. These two are extremely useful. I am going to work for the second portal before I even upgrade the first one I just bought. MRC is good but you need gold tokens to craft most items. I see it as more long term slow build for my kingdom. I would put it after cabbage hut and wizard's portal. I use the tinker camp consistently. I would even put tinker camp above MRC. It is very helpful to have another way of crafting some items from workshop and potion shop.

Executive Chef
    I didn't get either Tinker or Cooking camps and have not had a problem with quests or events. I spent time making about 30 simple feasts so if I ever was too busy to log in often, I could atleast send an adventure every day. Now, I've won feast droppers and have 200+ feasts in storage without making any feasts.

I recommend the cabbage hut. My advice is to ignore the Baron's Tent unless there is a month with prizes you would like. Again, I have over 200 cabbages. This allows me to win any prize I want. I also can participate those rare occasions when you need to get 5 Baron prizes to win a great prize.

Executive Chef
    Wow! I just want to say thank you again to everyone for all the infromation. The forum for Castle story seems so welcoming, helpful, and informative! I have played Fantasy Forest and Dragon Story for years and always like to help people and answer questions in those forums, and I really appreciate being on the receiving end. This game has *so many* details and moving parts - it is going to be hard to keep track!

So far I have really enjoyed the monster hunt. I got the baby gargoyle and am enjoying all the goodies he gives me. Because I am at a lower level, I think they put me in with other newer players, and so far I am in first place! But it looks like someone could come along at the last minute and cash in all their swords and armor and stuff and surpass me. That is always the risk with leaderboard type events. One of the hardest part for me has been to have enough Glimmerdust to keep crafting Enchanter's Essence for all the swords. I'm not going to be able to craft as many shields, armor, and swords as i am eligible to just because I don't have enough time. I'm also enjoying trading with the trolls. Now that I can trade with them, and I have Aideen and finally Ivy's hut, I am getting so many materials that I don't yet have a use for, but I'm glad I'm getting a stockpile for when I do need them. I'll have a headstart. I'm getting quite a few Prime Cuts and don't yet have a use for them.

So far my kingdom is a huge mess because I've just been working on acquiring all the things it tells me to place. Some day I guess I will have to go and make it pretty. I see some beautiful kingdoms out there!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Wow! I just want to say thank you again to everyone for all the infromation. The forum for Castle story seems so welcoming, helpful, and informative! I have played Fantasy Forest and Dragon Story for years and always like to help people and answer questions in those forums, and I really appreciate being on the receiving end. This game has *so many* details and moving parts - it is going to be hard to keep track!
    The forum here on Castle Story is the best. At the top of the Discussions page are the Game Guides and the Hub. Fantastic resources.

I used to play both Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest, but after a number of years finally tired of them. Eight years of CS and still going.

Executive Chef
    The baby gargoyles actually look cute next to my spooky haunted themed buildings!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I think your mixing up the Tinker Camp (from the Royal exchange, Trade Tickets) with the Cooking Camp (from the Trade Wagon, Golden Troll Tokens)
    <snip>
    The Cooking Camp (doubles as a Kitchen)is less impressive in my point of view. I would prioritize the Mythic Research Center, all energy droppers within, Wizard's Portal's and Cabbage Hut.
    Whoops you are right! I meant Cooking Camp. Most people who've been playing a long time don't use it, but I've found it good for complex Adventure food like Sweet Feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    Although this round of rewards in the Baron's tent isn't terribly exciting, I managed to get 5 mint chip alicorns with the help of the cabbage hut. I've gotten several super good items. Cabbage hut would be very high on my list.

I'm a big fan of theaters for RP. I only have one each of the 3x3 buildings. At level 5 one of my theaters has 276 RP and gives1248 coin. My favorite RP building is my cathedral -level 5 gives 2040 coin and 312 coins. But for boosting RP and keeping building in storage until needed for expanding, multiple theaters are my top choice.

I wish I had put the wizard's portal higher in my list. I just now got it and it IS like the wizard school. Both of these give multiple energy, multiple times a day. These two are extremely useful. I am going to work for the second portal before I even upgrade the first one I just bought. MRC is good but you need gold tokens to craft most items. I see it as more long term slow build for my kingdom. I would put it after cabbage hut and wizard's portal.
    Thanks for validating my theater theory! I just checked and I have 64 tokens. Since Cabbage Hut is 70 I'm gonna get it, although I will later regret not being patient and getting the portal, lol.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I recommend the cabbage hut. My advice is to ignore the Baron's Tent unless there is a month with prizes you would like. Again, I have over 200 cabbages. This allows me to win any prize I want. I also can participate those rare occasions when you need to get 5 Baron prizes to win a great prize.
    I have read the Baron's Tent article many times but am still not quite sure about the rules of the Cabbage Hut. I know the Hut drops 1 cabbage a day, that's easy. But if I have 200 cabbages saved up, and I go in and spend 25 cabbages to get the prize ... do I keep my other 175 cabbages or do they vanish? If I go in and it has the prize I don't want, can I leave or will I lose cabbages? And if I come back will it eventually switch to a different prize that I do want?

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    One of the hardest part for me has been to have enough Glimmerdust to keep crafting Enchanter's Essence for all the swords. I'm not going to be able to craft as many shields, armor, and swords as i am eligible to just because I don't have enough time. I'm also enjoying trading with the trolls.
    I think Glimmerdust Troves get unlocked during a Quest, and you get a free one from the one-time-only Adventure. At 40 gems, they are the cheapest resource on the Market. I used to buy them after doing a task to play other Storm8 games for a gem reward. I tend to get caught in "gem traps" so I try to spend gems as soon as I have any, lol. I'm glad you are enjoying the game!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast