Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supposedly breedable animals that aren't actually breedable

Executive Chef

Supposedly breedable animals that aren't actually breedable

In January 2020, over a year ago now, S8 made a sizeable number of animals that were previously not permanently breedable, permanently breedable. In the year since then, I have become convinced and also read elsewhere that some of these animals are not, indeed breedable. The list includes but may not be limited to:
    1. Holly Collie*
    2. Merry Meercat*
    3. Harvest Hoarder*
    4. Candy Crane
    5. Vanillamb
    6. Chocolate Lab
    7. Sidekicker
    8. Hamrock
    9. Lucky Rabbit*
    10. Tulip Tapir*
    11. Sea Shell*
    12. Wolffish*

Animals marked with an asterisk I am positive are not breedable. Can anyone at S8 confirm? Or has a fellow player been successful in breeding thee animals in the last year? Not bought them in a sale, but actually bred them? I was able to buy Holly Collie at Christmas time for 35 gems which was a great bargain.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    If they're a seasonal color they're likely not breedable. The animal description will also note if it's unbreedable.

Executive Chef
    So they were just put in the market permanently but not actually breedable? Why not just put all the animals in the market and let those of us who are trying to complete our collections purchase as many animals as we can afford and find space for?
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    So they were just put in the market permanently but not actually breedable? Why not just put all the animals in the market and let those of us who are trying to complete our collections purchase as many animals as we can afford and find space for?
    Here here I agree. If they are no longer running the game do that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    If they're a seasonal color they're likely not breedable. The animal description will also note if it's unbreedable.
    Actually, this information is incorrect. S8 has had a history of forgetting to mark previously unbreedable animals as breedable by removing the "not available through breeding" line in the animal description. That is why I don't trust it. Out of the animals listed as unbreedable, I have bred a bunch of them in the last year, including: Zombee ( 2 many to count), Love Dove, Heartvark, Captain K9, Lambi (again, have bred many times over), Harvest Hedgehog (a regular visitor to my forest), Werewolf, Chimpala (just sold one off the nest today), Storking, Surgarskull Glider (they're so cute I made a whole habitat full of them), Smitten Kitten, Magnetic Mouse, Reindeer, Franenswine, and Rudolphin.

Is it possible to get someone who will actually look into this matter to, well, look into this matter and then get back to us? Is it possible to make a different set of animals breedable since we have had these ones available for a year now? It is possible that S8 will do *anything* at all to appease those of us who have sunk hours upon hours upon hours and thousands of dollars into building our forests with habitats and animals? I know S8 is trying to basically **** this game, but I believe that loyal players are owed some loyalty in return.

Actually, this information is incorrect. S8 has had a history of forgetting to mark previously unbreedable animals as breedable by removing the "not available through breeding" line in the animal description. That is why I don't trust it. Out of the animals listed as unbreedable, I have bred a bunch of them in the last year, including: Zombee ( 2 many to count), Love Dove, Heartvark, Captain K9, Lambi (again, have bred many times over), Harvest Hedgehog (a regular visitor to my forest), Werewolf, Chimpala (just sold one off the nest today), Storking, Surgarskull Glider (they're so cute I made a whole habitat full of them), Smitten Kitten, Magnetic Mouse, Reindeer, Franenswine, and Rudolphin.

Is it possible to get someone who will actually look into this matter to, well, look into this matter and then get back to us? Is it possible to make a different set of animals breedable since we have had these ones available for a year now? It is possible that S8 will do *anything* at all to appease those of us who have sunk hours upon hours upon hours and thousands of dollars into building our forests with habitats and animals? I know S8 is trying to basically **** this game, but I believe that loyal players are owed some loyalty in return.
    As previously mentioned, if an animal is not breedable, this information can be found in the animal's description.

Executive Chef
    As previously mentioned, if an animal is not breedable, this information can be found in the animal's description.
    But then why are so many animals that are marked as "not available through breeding" actually able to be bred?

But then why are so many animals that are marked as "not available through breeding" actually able to be bred?
    What are the names of the animals that you've bred within the last two weeks on your forest that are marked as unbreedable? We'll cross reference your game logs to see if there's an issue.

Executive Chef
    What are the names of the animals that you've bred within the last two weeks on your forest that are marked as unbreedable? We'll cross reference your game logs to see if there's an issue.
    Thank you for your help, Elsa! So, I have 4 accounts, and these animals have been bred across the various accounts, and most have been in the last several months, not in the last 2 weeks. However, my account 'JoyfulForest' just sold a Chimpala yesterday or earlier today because I already have 3. I believe that account also had a Lambi within the last 2 weeks. I've also had a Harvest Hedgehog on either that account or "FrostyForest34" and a Smitten Kitten for sure on FrostyForest34. I remember because I was so happy that account finally got a smitten kitten, and I bought a Passion Peak habitat just for it. I got it with Crystal Unicorn and Heart Hoof. That could go back as much as 3 weeks. It was close to V.Day.

What I'm really asking for is for all the animals that are in the shop permanently (save for the resource producing animals, obviously) is to be made breedable. Even though I have all of them between my 2 older accounts, it would at least give something to breed for on the two accounts I have that still have room to expand. Or, as expressed previously, it would be awesome if S8 would give us a whole different batch of old animals that we could try to breed for. Out of a total of 1017 animals, I only have about 700 unique animals across all 4 of my accounts. It would be awesome to be able to work on getting the remaining 300 either through breeding or sales, and that would bring more money into S8.

I know that other players also want to be able to get some of the expired animals.

(If this was a ploy to get all my account names....................LOL!)

Executive Chef
    Werewolf sitting on nest waiting to be hatched on JoyfulForest account right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast