Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/5: A Piper's Predicament | event info on page 1

Executive Chef
    Today Ciara gave me 9 energy. Big improvement on the 2 from the first collection.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Pretty bummed at the Faerie side event. I knew I would be in hospital so couldn't do main event, but thought I could get the Banshee. Unfortunately, could not do all 3 Faerie side quests daily. Now I am at 65 Talinium faeries....have noticed the past few days I get only 1 per chest. Totally icky feeling.
    Well POTP worked somewhat! A few last chests gave enough faeries for 2 of my accounts to craft Banshees. If those drop permits over the next week, I'll consider gemming for the others. I like how Banshee looks.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Well POTP worked somewhat! A few last chests gave enough faeries for 2 of my accounts to craft Banshees. If those drop permits over the next week, I'll consider gemming for the others. I like how Banshee looks.
    Great, I’m happy you have her!
    I like the art too, mine is hanging out near the Haunted Garden.

Executive Chef
    Pretty bummed at the Faerie side event. I knew I would be in hospital so couldn't do main event, but thought I could get the Banshee. Unfortunately, could not do all 3 Faerie side quests daily. Now I am at 65 Talinium faeries....have noticed the past few days I get only 1 per chest. Totally icky feeling.
    Get well soon! I was also bummed to not be able to get the Banshee. I didn't even know what I did. I just thought she looked cool.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Get well soon! I was also bummed to not be able to get the Banshee. I didn't even know what I did. I just thought she looked cool.
    If you do the 3 daily goals and get 3 chests a day, you can always craft the 3 prizes in the atrium. I didn't get the last of the yellow faeries till the last day this time (was 1 short) so only needed 1 chest to complete that component of the goals. You can really only afford to miss 1 day though to collect enough faeries for the 3rd craft. Sorry if you missed out this time...

Rhino Keeper
    Clara looks so unsettling and creepy with her bobbing. Her hairs fine but plz stop her bobbing like that and make her smaller

Fashion Designer
    Warning! Long post is long!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I'm a new player who just reached level 15 and was initially excited to be part of an event and also to be able to purchase so many new items, but I'm finding the event and all the related tasks to actually be quite taxing. At level 15, should I be able to get very far in the event, or just do what I can and hope to level up before the next event? How often are there events in this game?
    My first St. Patrick's I couldn't reach level 17 in time to buy the little waterfall. But after that I could do events. Trouble is, I was short on coins, and at the time you needed around 100k coins to buy the consumables for an event. No idea what that costs now, but my first two events I was poor and at the end couldn't rationalize spending my entire bank. But after sitting out an event or two, I found out that events are a necessary expense and conserved coins for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I'm not sure if leveling up quicker is the best thing to do.
    You will get a stronger realm by progressing through the Main Story Line, expanding your Realm and collecting as much droppers and other stuff on the way as possible.
    That takes time... a lot of time. Just leveling up doesn't make you 'stronger'.
    The faster you progress through the levels, the faster you'll have the high level requirements in events.
    You might be 'eligible' for more events and such sooner, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

I think it would be better to spent that free energy on Main Story Lines, preparing for the next event, leveling up buildings, raising animals, collect resources, doing Royal Exchange trades.....
    Main Story Lines give excellent rewards!
    I focused on the Main Storyline until I noticed that (a) many storyline rewards are only a few hundred coins, and (b) Events are where you can get super-helpful new things. Two years ago there was no such thing as an Expansion Permit drop, and now we have a couple. Yeah, the energy droppers are not as much as I'd like, I have several that only give 2, lol. But I have some event items that drop 2200-2800 coins per round.

Not to mention some Main Storyline Goals are monstrous drains, like the Skunkupine (500k coins!) or the Baron's Birthday (1M coins I think!) The two big "upgrade" quests are likewise time and money sinks. (Only one of the buildings actually Needs an upgrade to level 5 for a different quest.) So I had to choose to leave some quests hanging undone in my kingdom log, which made me twitch, lol.

I won't argue that being Level 50 and having heavier requirements for events feels taxing. (I was still getting "low" requirements at 42, can't recall when I switched to high.) But levelling up affects two things up front: more energy per two hours and more farming plots. By level 19 you have reached the highest automatic energy refill per two hours, which is 40. Farming plots increase by 1 every level from 9 to 29, taking you from 30 to 50 plots. The final 10 plots trickle in from levels 30 to 50, with 60 total.

And certain quests have level requirements. Advanced questlines kick in at level 30+.

Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    <snip>
    You need Ivy's hut (this is a priority...follow her quest line) and a magic forge (I recommend two forges). They are used in a lot of events. As far as animals go, I would focus on having a few chickens and cows (you may want a horse or two for monster hunt events). The Baron and goat line does not seem to be linked to events, I'd finish casually. Sheep (adventures) and Pigs (Sir Pigglesworth quest line, reward from adventures or gems in market) seem infrequent in events but are used occasionally.

I would get your Tablet of Tapernum finished and then collect from it every time it is available. It opens more bonuses and is a good source of coin. Strawberries are also.

Spending actual real world money - There is a thread on Barons Tent in the forum. It is your choice how much real money you want to spend, but some items in it are only decorative. I am selective on what I pick. The rewards cycle during a two month period then we get new ones. I highly suggest you work on getting a cabbage hut to help with rewards from the tent. This cycle, I don't think the rewards are as exciting. Sometimes the tent has energy dropping creatures, which are very helpful. I also recommend the wizard's school, two of them, as extremely worth purchasing with real money.
    Teika's advice is solid. The two Wizard Schools bought with gems are the BEST investment you can make in this game, and I say that as someone who spends more time than RL cash. They start out dropping 6 energy every 5 hours, and you can level them up until they drop 10 energy every 4 hrs 20 mins. It's priceless.

A CRUCIAL item for getting Trade Tickets (to at least save for your Tinker Camp and Chateau) is DON'T PICK GLIMMERBULBS, i.e., Magic Garden Storyline. The easiest/cheapest trade, 25 Strawberries and 5 Sugar, goes away when you get glimmerbulbs, and then another is removed later (probably due to Magic Fruit.) Avoid harvesting a Glimmerbulb and work the basic Fruit Trade as long as you can!

I still haven't bought the Cabbage Hut yet, but from reading the monthly threads it seems that fewer good droppers are on there. I could be wrong. I ended up spending gems on some cheap half-price Doorbuster alicorns (aquatic and aquamarine), with small (4+) energy drops *daily* (and occasional windfalls), which worked with my budget and play style. Until Black Friday when I went berserk and bought many things, lol.

It's a fun game and great community, I hope you enjoy it!
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

My Banshee just gave me an expansion permit!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post
    Clara looks so unsettling and creepy with her bobbing. Her hairs fine but plz stop her bobbing like that and make her smaller
    I had no chance of getting her so was glad I didn?t want her. Her hair reminds me of spaghetti. Lol!

Rhino Keeper
    For those that got the Banshee, are the drops worth it? I try to get everything that drops expansion permits/trade tickets but i'm 20-some yellow fairie thingies short. It's available in my Atrium until 6 pm and I would be willing to buy gems to get it, if you all think it's worth it...?