Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/5: A Piper's Predicament | event info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I'm a new player who just reached level 15 and was initially excited to be part of an event and also to be able to purchase so many new items, but I'm finding the event and all the related tasks to actually be quite taxing. At level 15, should I be able to get very far in the event, or just do what I can and hope to level up before the next event? How often are there events in this game?
    Just go as far as you can. Each time will help your s****s. Also, the forum is great help. I didn?t find it until years of playing. Spirit Wind always post on page 1, the requirements.
    Welcome to the game.

I?m bira81 if you want a neighbor.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    And Ciara is 4 squares? I don't have room for her in the space I had set aside for her. S8, is there a way to make her 1x1 like most characters, please?
    Ok so I’m really confused because the info posted on page one says that Ciara is 1X1 but a lot of people are posting that she is actually way bigger than that and takes up 4 squares. I haven’t rec’d Ciara yet (close though) but I’m definitely concerned about how much space she actually takes up! Is the event info posted on page 1 incorrect because that says that she only takes up a 1X1 square?? Is she actually a larger size/more spaces due to an error that will be corrected or was the event info that was posted incorrect? It seems very odd that she would be 4 times larger than every other event deco/energy dropper prize!

<< Ciara
    Storable: Yes
    Type: Decoration
    Class: Animals
    Source: Event
    Size: 1x1
    Sell: item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Energy
    Events: A Piper's Predicament - March 2021
    Collection: ?
    Cap: 1
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?112001
    Comments: 5th individual prize from the event.>>

Executive Chef
    I'm a new player who just reached level 15 and was initially excited to be part of an event and also to be able to purchase so many new items, but I'm finding the event and all the related tasks to actually be quite taxing. At level 15, should I be able to get very far in the event, or just do what I can and hope to level up before the next event? How often are there events in this game?
    Welcome!
    There are events constantly these days.
    They generally run for 2 weeks.
    (except Monster Hunts/Leaderboards which only last a week.)

The game doesn’t really start until you reach LVL 50.
    Until then you will struggle with most events.
    (There are lower level requirements for most events so around LVL 35-40 things should become easier for a bit.)
    My advice would be just complete as much of things as you can.
    The more things you have in your kingdom the easier everything becomes - so always try to get more.

This is a long term game that requires patience.
    The first year will be the slowest.
    Good luck and have fun playing!
    Last edited by hagypagy; 03-12-21 at 05:50 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess4110 View Post
    Ok so I’m really confused ... the info posted on page one says that Ciara is 1x1, but a lot of people are posting that she is actually way bigger ... taking up 4 squares ... Is the event info posted on page 1 incorrect because that says that she only takes up a 1X1 square? Is she actually a larger size/more spaces due to an error that will be corrected or was the event info that was posted incorrect? ...
    Yes Ciara is actually 2x2.
    The info on page 1 is usually a just guess until all the details have been discovered - so that is why there is occasional discrepancies.

It’s not a mistake that she is 2x2 - it was intentional decision Storm8 made.
    It’s because her design is big and beautiful.
    But we are all still hoping that Storm8 will change her to 1x1 - cause 2x2 takes up too much space.
    I’ve “pretty pleased” to Storm8 to keep her design unchanged except for the reduction to 1x1 ... so hopefully they will.
    Last edited by hagypagy; 03-12-21 at 05:50 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Welcome mymonta!

As the others said, do not let the event discourage you. Typically you will not be able to complete the events for a while. The intermediate prizes for the different events will make each successive one easier and help out your kingdom.

For this type of event, I would be sure to focus on the faerie atrium prizes. If you open the 3 chests a day, you can get the banshee who will give you some good drops. (Red petals and apples were very hard for me to come by at first in addition to the other good drops.)

2 of the chests can be won for 18 energy each day then you just need the 4 monsters. If you can get 4 Skunkupines, that would be ideal. They have the best return on energy.
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 03-12-21 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added info about energy for the 3 chests.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    i have finished the 3 tasks every day by 8pm my time. the new tasks showed up at 3am the next day (again my time). and instead of saying 24 hours to get them done, it said 6 days
    I noticed a few events back that the Atrium Antics goal timers had changed to match the event timer. I've not seen any mention of why this change was made (maybe I missed it?) but I did notice in my game that it also changed when my goals were showing.

When the timer was 24 hours for each new set of goals, they showed up the next day at the time I finished the previous day's goals. With the new, longer timers, they were now showing up at the same time regardless of when I finished them the day before. Then I noticed when I missed a day, the new goals showed up immediately after I finished them despite the time not matching. I just figured they changed it to give us better odds of getting every chest regardless of our playing schedules.

Of course (as with all things in CS) this may have been a fluke or an isolated incident. On the off chance it's not, I figured I'd share my experience with the new timer set up. I suppose we'll only figure out the rules of this new setup over time but it would be nice if we were informed of these things in advance so we didn't have to wonder.

Farm Supplier
    Hi! Here?s a tip for new players, when we have the weekday warrior, I recommend mining as many rocks as you can. This will help you level up a lot faster! Doing this helped me jum? from level 20 to 35 within 2-3 months!

Farm Supplier
    Spiritwind, do you know if S8 will be offering sale on gems again before this event is over?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by salima240 View Post
    Spiritwind, do you know if S8 will be offering sale on gems again before this event is over?
    The timing of the Gem sales are different for everyone.
    No way to know when your next will be alas.

Quote Originally Posted by salima240 View Post
    Hi! Here?s a tip for new players, when we have the weekday warrior, I recommend mining as many rocks as you can. This will help you level up a lot faster! Doing this helped me jum? from level 20 to 35 within 2-3 months!
    I'm not sure if leveling up quicker is the best thing to do.
    You will get a stronger realm by progressing through the Main Story Line, expanding your Realm and collecting as much droppers and other stuff on the way as possible.
    That takes time... a lot of time. Just leveling up doesn't make you 'stronger'.
    The faster you progress through the levels, the faster you'll have the high level requirements in events.
    You might be 'eligible' for more events and such sooner, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

I think it would be better to spent that free energy on Main Story Lines, preparing for the next event, leveling up buildings, raising animals, collect resources, doing Royal Exchange trades.....
    Main Story Lines give excellent rewards!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 03-13-21 at 02:06 AM.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Hi all, there's now a note at the top of the forum about game maintenance. I suggest you work out when this is for you if you live in a different timezone and plan accordingly.

Note: no additional time is given to events when there is required maintenance.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast