Thread: Tips for beginners (Restaurant Story)

Lightbulb Tips for beginners (Restaurant Story)

Hello everyone!

I started playing Restaurant Story in 2011, as a friend recommended it to me.

I immediately liked the game and got addicted to it. I was literally playing daily.

In the early stage of your Restaurant Story progress, you would need to cook foods that can be made quickly, so you can have them available on your counters all the time (if you want to play actively and leave your restaurant open).

The customer satisfaction level needs to be 100 all the time.

You don't need to worry about expensive decoration and fancy items in the beginning, as the customers'satisfaction will be top priority.

If you don't have food on your counters, the customers will leave angry and they will decrease your happiness level.

If you have no food on your counters, feel free to place an object in front of the door to close your restaurant, so your happiness level does not go down.

If you have 3 counters and 4 different foods, you cannot place the fourth food item on either of the counters and you would need to buy a new counter.

It's a good thing that food can be stacked and you can keep as much food, on a single counter, as you want.

If you are not available to keep food on your counters all the time, you can cook dishes that take more time to cook, so when you have time - you can just open the game and serve them.

Do NOT use gems to speed up the cooking process - it is just a waste of time. I made that mistake a while ago. Not worth it. *You can now watch ads to speed up the cooking process, so this would be the better option*.

If you have the option to download another game for gems, I would suggest that you do it. Free gems just for downloading and playing another game for a while is a win.

Stuffed Mushrooms is one of the best dishes in the game, which will be unlocked at level 60. It costs 2700 coins, has 3275 plates, gives 13100 coins for all those plates and also gives 240 XP per cooked dish.

This makes it the second best XP earning dish after Stew (which gives 254 XP)

You can complete goals to earn XP and limited items.

You would need to have neighbours in the game, as the neighbours can leave 6 tips instead of 3. Neighbours can also give gifts, which can be food items and parts.

Parts are used for building appliances of all sorts and having neighbours will make it easier for you to collect parts for those appliances.

You can send only one gift per day (per neighbour). You can receive 20 gifts per day.

Once a dish that takes (for example) 12 hours to cook is ready, you have another 12 hours to serve the dish, or the food will be spoiled.

When the food is spoiled you cannot serve it and you would need to clear the appliance (it will have a fly on top of the food indicating that the food is spoiled).

Try to serve the food on time, so it does not get spoiled.

You would need to have approximately 29 tables and chairs at all times so all the customers that come would leave happy.

You would not be able to afford that much tables and chairs in the beginning, but keeping a high number of those will guarantee that no customer would leave angry.

The customers would have two reasons to leave with an angry face:

1) There is no food to be served in your restaurant

2) There is no space for them to sit and eat.

As you level up, you will have the option to add more appliances. You WILL need to have more appliances so you can cook more dishes at once.

If you reached the maximum number of appliances that can be placed at the moment, you can purchase an additional slot for gems (which I do not recommend, but some people do it).

The final level at which appliances can be unlocked is 73. At that level you unlock the 18th appliance.

You can also expand your restaurant to a bigger size when you reach a certain level.

You need a bigger restaurant mainly to place tables and chairs so more customers can come and eat. You also need more tables so people can leave more tips at your restaurant.

When cooking dishes, certain collectibles are dropped sometimes. You need those so you can exchange them for items or coins / XP.

Your tip level will be increased as you give tips to players.

Even if you place a second door, the same amount of customers will come into your restaurant. The difference is just visual. The customers will go to your host to order food and then will sit normally on the chairs.

You can also have more than one host table in your restaurant.

If you place a table and two chairs are in front of it, only one customer will sit at this table at a time. Do not place two chairs in front of a single table.

Nightclub Owner
    This is a great idea, adding tips that may be hard to find or overlooked in the RS Game Guide.

Hope you don't mind, but I wanted to expand on two things you mentioned.

In regards to unhappy customers:

The game is set up is that the bots go in a certain order:
    1. Enter the restaurant
    2. Head to a register
    3. Proceed to an empty seat, eat their meal, leave the restaurant

Taking note of where in this route customers are becoming unhappy will tell you exactly why they're unhappy.

1. If there's an issue with the placement of your register (such as it's facing the wrong way or it's blocked by something) customers will not even enter the resto, they'll get angry at the door.
    2. Frowny faces on a bot while standing at the register means there's an issue with the seating. Again, it mostly means there's no clear path to an empty seat or you need more empty seats.
    3. Bots who have made it to a an empty seat only to get angry once they've sat means it's a lack of food.

In the long run, however, customer happiness doesn't change anything in the game; it's mostly just a way for players to know something is wrong with the customer flow and they're not making any coins in that moment.

If bots are unhappy for a bit while you fix whatever issue is causing their frowns, don't panic. You can go from 0 to 100 on the happiness scale in minutes if you've got a seating arrangement that maximizes customer flow.

On the subject of blocking your door by placing an object in front of it:

This shouldn't ever be done, but if it is done, be forewarned that it could cause issues.

The game is programmed to operate under the premise that there is a constant flow of customers in and out of your resto. Stopping this flow by blocking the door can cause the game to malfunction.

It may not happen every time, but every time the door is blocked, players run the risk of causing a malfunction. The most common seen issue caused by door blocking is the "Quick Sale."

A Quick Sale is when a player blocks the door, thinking that it will give them a chance to build up food on their counters but once they move the counters and customers return, they find that all the food disappears from their counters at once. Again, this may not happen every time but it's always a possibility when the door gets blocked for periods of time.

I have around 44 million plates of Stuffed Mushrooms built-up throughout the years (at least 6 years). My food never disappeared.

Farm Supplier
    Can I add the following
    When you first start playing established players will gift goal parts. Decline then as you won't be able to cook anything other than the first 2hr recipe on the ready built appliance or access the second appliance to use the parts for that. My gifts are full of parts I can't use and I have to scroll past them all to get to the food or current parts I need.
    Aka - AJ's Sad Cafe 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who don't do challenges and want food gifts like me. I accept all requests for parts. Leave a message on my wall so I can visit you before accepting your invitation

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAtLeeds View Post
    Can I add the following
    When you first start playing established players will gift goal parts. Decline then as you won't be able to cook anything other than the first 2hr recipe on the ready built appliance or access the second appliance to use the parts for that. My gifts are full of parts I can't use and I have to scroll past them all to get to the food or current parts I need.
    Has the game changed? Can you now decline a part and then get another one?

It used to be that you got 20 total and if you declined two, then you got 18 total. There was little purpose to declining anything. That is why so many of us delete neighbors who send food - the food takes up a place we need parts to go and you cannot just decline the food and then get more parts.

Has this changed?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco2 View Post
    Has the game changed? Can you now decline a part and then get another one?

It used to be that you got 20 total and if you declined two, then you got 18 total. There was little purpose to declining anything. That is why so many of us delete neighbors who send food - the food takes up a place we need parts to go and you cannot just decline the food and then get more parts.

Has this changed?
    Nothing has changed that I am aware of, but this is a randomly occurring bug that hits some players.

For the most part, players can decline a part and still get a total of 20 per day. In those random instances where players cannot decline gifts without lowering their daily total, I've still not seen any solid fix offered or even any explanations as to why it happens.