Thread: clearing cache

Executive Chef

clearing cache

i remember someone (prob one of our wonderful leaders) posting how to clear the cache (i think) in order to get the game to move a little faster. both on an android phone and ipad.
    help?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

For iPhone:

Go to Settings, scroll down & tap Safari, scroll down & tap Clear History & Website Data, then tap again. There's also even further down Website Data that you can tap.

Not sure about Android.

Anyone out here can help?
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    i remember someone (prob one of our wonderful leaders) posting how to clear the cache (i think) in order to get the game to move a little faster. both on an android phone and ipad.
    help?
    If by cache you mean the devices' operating memory (RAM), then for the iPad/iPhone (with a physical Home button), you'll want to hold down on the power button until you see the message, "slide to power off" appear before letting go of the power button and holding down on the Home button. Your iPad/iPhone will clear the RAM and put your device in its lock screen.

If you have a newer device without the physical button, perform these actions in quick, smooth succession:
    1. Press and release the volume up button
    2. Press and release the volume down button
    3. Press and hold the power button until you see the message, "slide to power off."
    4. Tap the Assistive Touch button
    5. Hold down the virtual Home button

Your iPad/iPhone will clear its RAM and put itself in the lock screen

Executive Chef
    thank you dead pixel. i have an older ipad. i tried your trick. i will see if this helps.
    any idea on an android phone?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Nightclub Owner
    Clearing the cache on droid devices requires the same as iOS. The main difference is you'll be opening the Chrome Browser and it should take a few more clicks to navigate to the settings you need to access.

- Find and open the Chrome Browser app
    - Locate and open the More Menu in top right (usually shown as 3 vertical dots)
    - Scroll the list and choose History
    - Tap Clear Browsing Data.
    - Find the option in the upper right to choose how far back you'd like the phone to clear
    - mostly it's recommended to set this option to "All Time" so that should be the default but on the off chance it's not, you'll want to scroll through the list to find it)
    - Check boxes next to "Cookies and Site Data" and "Cached images and files"
    - Now you're ready to find and tap Clear Data which should do just that

Hope this helps but if you find some differences between the directions above and what you're seeing on your device, you may want to search the net for specific instructions to clear the cache for your current device. I'm pretty sure something this basic doesn't change a lot but with so many different brands, models and OS's floating around slight differences are all but expected in these situations.

Fashion Designer
    Oh, I thought we just needed to clear the cache for Castle Story app, not for the browser. I guess normally a browser is occupying the heaviest cache space. But when I went in, it turns out CS was gobbling way more than my browser, which i use more than anything, heh.

So to just clear Castle Story (I'm currently on Android 9) go to:

Settings Menu (looks like a gear):
    Apps & Notifications
    Scroll Down to Castle Story and click.

you see a little page offering Uninstall or Force Stop. Further down it says Notifications, Permissions, Storage, etc.
    Click Storage.

A new little page offers Clear Storage and Clear Cache. Below that you can see how much space it is using.

I tried just clearing the cache, which wasn't very big. But the app was also snorking up 1.43Gb of user data (storage), more than my browser, and that seemed out of line. So this time around I cleared both. We'll see how it goes.

The app might take longer to load the first time after clearing.