Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/18: Need For Sparrow Speed | event info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    I AM STILL GETTING TOXIFIED SPIRITS!!!!! MY DEAD TREES ARE STILL NOT DROPPING GRUBS.

This is by far the worst event yet for glitches. I have been considering for some time wether I will continue to play these events and this one may very well be the decider unless S8 get it sorted PDQ.

I usually spend money on the bundles to speed things up but the bundles this time do not attract me. They usually have free energy for a number of minutes but 80 per bundle will not be much help with the number of dead trees we will have to clear to get the number of various component parts required in total from them and the poor drop rate of items from ponds etc, not to mention the 15 energies required to get rid of the Spirits.

I am a realist and realise that companies like S8 have to make money from these games and I can’t help but wonder if making the drop rates so poor is an attempt to persuade people who do buy bundles to buy more than they normally would.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBlu View Post
    I AM STILL GETTING TOXIFIED SPIRITS!!!!! MY DEAD TREES ARE STILL NOT DROPPING GRUBS. ......
    Try parking a monster when you collect from you bushes so you won't have to fight Toxified Spirits at all.
    The item required to do Adventures (grubs in this case) are always a very rare drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    I am on goal 6 and it seems like sawmills have stopped dropping buckles all together. With all these bugs I am uncertain if the drop rate is just crazy low or if they are bugged. I'll keep trying over the weekend, but fear that these buckles are more of a bottle neck than the leather straps from Ivy.
    I'm on Goal 6 too, and just got a Silver Buckle. I think you're just unlucky. (hope one drops for you soon!)
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 02-20-21 at 02:52 AM.

Executive Chef
    If you don't want non-event monsters to spawn, spawn and park a monster somewhere.

The grubs drop in spurts. If you can't chop lots of dead trees at one time, it will be a long time between drops. The grubs actually have nothing to do with the event.

We only need 22 buckles from the sawmill. It's way to early too give up due to the low drop rate. With a 3 hour recharge and 2 sawmills, we should be ok.

The slippery fish have a low drop rate too but we only need 66. I have 12 ponds and 9 wells out. Typically 2 sometimes 3 drop. Even collecting just 3 times a day will get me enough.

We only need 22 of the dead tree monster and 12 of the cow monster.

This event started rough, but the item requirements make it attainable.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 02-20-21 at 09:53 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    How about just TESTING the event before you release it instead of waiting for players to tell you that it does not work and then scrambling to fix it?
    I am sure they test it....part of the problem is, there are so many devices, software versions (not everyone updates their operating systems automatically, I certainly don't) and the like, that can impact how the game runs. How many types of phones, tablets, their operating system versions, whether or not any other software on those sytems interacts with the game (like the hateful advertising that hijacks your game to the App Store and that advertisers' game)....Plus, of course, we are having a worldwide pandemic and severe weather issues. We don't know how that affects their operations & no professional company like S8 is going to announce it (at least, not unless something really critical like "all our mirrored servers have been impacted around the world due to freak weather events.") Over in Dragon Tales, the mods haven't been posting their latest event, something has impacted that. I'm happy the servers aren't down! And happy that SW & S8 staff have done their best to keep things moving. But it does make for a very stressful event. I hadn't started because I can't be tied to Ivy or Troll camp right now, I am having my own set of crises. It's frustrating and I'm not sure what the answer is....although I do like the idea of guaranteed drops from sawmills, etc. and at least double drops from Ivy for a few events!

P.S. Swampy pond is dropping Slippery Fish, if that hadn't been noted.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 02-20-21 at 07:55 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post

We only need 22 of the dead tree monster and 12 of the cow monster.

This event started rough, but the item requirements make it attainable.
    @ShibuyaCloth, when you get a chance please update the number of gemstone hides needed in your table. I think the table assumes 2 per saddle but we only need 1 thankfully.

I agree with HuckleTown. The event started off pretty rough but the requirements are sane. If they were much easier I don’t think it would be fun. And I like that there are multiple bottlenecks - Ivy, the sawmills, the ponds. It’s actually pretty well done.

Farm Supplier
    Wells are dropping much better than ponds for me. Try these instead.

The event has settled w addressed glitches for me. I won't do my usual of loads of adventures because the grub drop rate is insanely poor, instead, just chop as needed and I get to go on however many adventures the poor grub drop allows. The sawmill rates are still much lower than normal, but they are dropping enough to keep ahead of Ivy. So, good enough. I am in. Yay! The prize IS pretty cool. : )

Quote Originally Posted by mmrl View Post
    Wells are dropping much better than ponds for me. Try these instead.
    The wells have been dropping better for me as well, until today. Today, 3 rounds of collections ended at 0 for 36 for the wells and 2 for 6 from the ponds. Insane.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    @ShibuyaCloth, when you get a chance please update the number of gemstone hides needed in your table. I think the table assumes 2 per saddle but we only need 1 thankfully.

Fixed!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Fixed!