Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/18: Need For Sparrow Speed | event info on page 1

Farm Supplier
    I really want to thank everyone for the recent posts. Thought I was being helpful sharing a strategy that worked well for me and then felt that I was attacked for it. Real life is stressful enough. This is just a game, a way to escape for a small time, unkind comments just aren't necessary.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenspaw7 View Post
    I really want to thank everyone for the recent posts. Thought I was being helpful sharing a strategy that worked well for me and then felt that I was attacked for it. Real life is stressful enough. This is just a game, a way to escape for a small time, unkind comments just aren't necessary.
    You were being helpfull, sharing strategies is one of the reasons this forum exists.
    It’s very much appreciated.
    Luckily Spiritwind is here to keep everything friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I have been using this approach for a long time now. It's amazing how much it decreases event stress (the event glitches don't help but S8 has been more timely in fixes). One tip for events the require us to collect regularly from the event building: I still concentrate on one material at a time, always focusing on the item that also drops for the adventure first. I also take the time when I upgrade to a new level to collect enough of all the items (minus Ivy or troll camp) for the next upgrade level. That way you aren't waiting around to reach the next level.

When I first started this method, I used all my energy and logged in as much as possible. Then I got to the point of using my morning daily energy collection for the event and using some of the 2 hour refill energy for storyline/expansion.

This helped me finish events early. I would have a few days where I didn't need to use all the morning energy. I chose to start storing energy and not rush through the storyline. I started accumulating energy. Suddenly I had 3000, then 5000 etc. after a few monster hunts where I didn't have time or just wasn't interested, I started this event with over 13000 energy.

Most events I get all but the bottleneck item after about 6-7 days.
    This event I had essentially all my items by Sunday night. The lower item requirements makes this event attainable for most players.

Hi- what is the morning daily energy and the 2 hour refill energy? Also the most energy I?ve collected on top of the full 40 energy brought me to a total of 80. If I didn?t touch this- would my energy continue to build? Asking because I know when it is full in the morning- it?s at 40.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by prinzsc3285 View Post
    Hi- what is the morning daily energy and the 2 hour refill energy? Also the most energy I?ve collected on top of the full 40 energy brought me to a total of 80. If I didn?t touch this- would my energy continue to build? Asking because I know when it is full in the morning- it?s at 40.
    Energy will only refill to 40. If you have anything greater than 40 energy, it will not continue to build unless you have energy generators like the sparrows from this event or alicorns. (There are too many items that generate energy for me to list. Most come from events, the Mythic Research Center, or can be bought for gems during sales.)

The 2hr refill energy is that it takes 2 hrs to earn 40 energy. This is the free energy everyone gets up to a total of 40.

The morning daily energy he was probably referring to is a group of energy generators the are ready for collection 1st thing in the morning. That is what I do. I have 9 different groups of items that I collect at different times in the day. This way the 22 hr timers for each item are spread throughout the day. I do not have a clump of energy that has to be used at say 6PM and then the rest of the day I am sitting there waiting for 1 energy every 3 min.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by prinzsc3285 View Post
    Sylvan is correct: now that I have stored energy rather than getting the 2 hour 40 energy refill, most of my 22-24 hour daily energy droppers are ready for collection first thing in the morning. I also have 2 Wizard schools, a 6 hour energy droppers and an 8 hour energy dropper.

Every energy source was earned through regular/event game play/Baron's tent. Even the few I purchased with gems were with gems earned. Event rewards that are Energy droppers are more than worth the energy spent. If you do the math it probably doesn't show a energy spent/gained ROI but overtime it allows you to finish other events, earn more energy droppers. Feel free to visit. I've got 3 areas: 1. Alicorn/unicorn dailies 2. The Event people/animals, Wizard schools 3. Weekly droppers. As mentioned everyone earned/purchased through gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Sylvan is correct: now that I have stored energy rather than getting the 2 hour 40 energy refill, most of my 22-24 hour daily energy droppers are ready for collection first thing in the morning. I also have 2 Wizard schools, a 6 hour energy droppers and an 8 hour energy dropper.

Every energy source was earned through regular/event game play/Baron's tent. Even the few I purchased with gems were with gems earned. Event rewards that are Energy droppers are more than worth the energy spent. If you do the math it probably doesn't show a energy spent/gained ROI but overtime it allows you to finish other events, earn more energy droppers. Feel free to visit. I've got 3 areas: 1. Alicorn/unicorn dailies 2. The Event people/animals, Wizard schools 3. Weekly droppers. As mentioned everyone earned/purchased through gameplay.
    You two have been super helpful! Thank y?all!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE SERVERS?!?

In the last 30 minutes, the game has rolled back on me 17 times (Yes! I kept count)

I put down Dead Trees and start chopping them, and it rolls back, removing all the trees. When I managed to put down the trees and chop a few, it rolls back and brings back the felled trees but confiscates any Tree Grubs and Stringy Moss I collect. It gets even weirder! I chop the trees, it rolls back and brings back the trees but, now they cannot be chopped I force close the game and restart it, the game puts back a few of the trees (not in sequential placement) it removed when it last rolled back.

What is it with S8 and their client-server syncing issues? It seems to exists in a number of their games and has been left unfixed for several years. Don't they have at least one programmer to spare to look into changing/fixing their current error-handling routines?

And NO! There is nothing wrong with my internet connection or my device, and deleting and reinstalling the game hasn't solved this issue. Writing to support hasn't helped either, and we aren't allowed to repeat what they say here.
    Just wondering what device do you use, Android or IOS?
    I use an Android phone and have been having major problems with the Castle Story servers since the Storybook event in December/20.
    I can no longer load or play Castle Story while using my mobile data and it's now at the point where it takes almost 20 mins for the game to load via my wifi. My phone and wifi are 2 different service providers.
    Yet I can play any other game and use all my apps with no problems at all. I can even download and play other S8 games while using either my mobile data or wifi.

Rhino Keeper
    Is anyone else having a TERRIBLE time getting slippery fish? I fish and fish and fish and rarely get one. It?s awful!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    Is anyone else having a TERRIBLE time getting slippery fish? I fish and fish and fish and rarely get one. It?s awful!
    It's worth having at least ~20 wells/ponds out at minimum if you have the space and the energy to spare. Yes they are very low drop rates... it's the same for all us. Keep going!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    It's worth having at least ~20 wells/ponds out at minimum if you have the space and the energy to spare. Yes they are very low drop rates... it's the same for all us. Keep going!
    Are their ponds fish won’t show up? Example: tide pool, hydronous hollow, P Lorelei, Faerie Tribute, aquarium Terrarium, swampy pond, blossom bridge, koi pond, cursed fountain. I’m sure it’s answered somewhere in these 30 pages��
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery