Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/18: Need For Sparrow Speed | event info on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    The search the hay in the stable quest rewards you the Hatchling.

The gem quest is just a way to purchase the other sparrow and hatchling than the one you chose.
    You don?t miss out on anything not buying them.

I caved and bought the Topaz Sparrow for 400gems.
    Kinda expensive for a 2energy dropper... but I like the design.
    Attachment 58590

Thanks for a fun event Storm8.
    I was hoping it would be the hatchling. That?s great I only have about nine more jewels to get to get him. Thx for your help

Fashion Designer
    Storm 8 Is there any way to change the color of the egg for the topaz hatchling to match the Sparrow? I know I’m being picky, but they did cost a lot of gems! I picked the Emerald for the free one!

Fashion Designer
    The search the hay in the stable quest rewards you the Hatchling.

The gem quest is just a way to purchase the other sparrow and hatchling than the one you chose.
    You don?t miss out on anything not buying them.

I caved and bought the Topaz Sparrow for 400gems.
    Attachment 58596
    Goes perfectly in my Warrior Stronghold.

Thanks for a fun event Storm8.
    He looks awesome in that location

Fashion Designer
    Topaz is YELLOW, why is it called a Topaz sparrow? It should be Ruby or even Garnet. I really love the red color; it looks fabulous.

Fashion Designer
    This is super annoying. After I got Henslow every other monster is the normally scarce Fangbeast instead of the needed sabretooth from cows. I prefer the look of the hatchling but the drops of the bird. I know some energy droppers can give huge amounts instead of just two but I very rarely use all my daily energy droppers unless it's something I'm really interested in. Decisions decisions

Fashion Designer
    I love the reddish brown color too! 🥰 Ahh the power of association- there are gorgeous reddish-brown hued Topaz in its natural color range from yellow to brown, though the Honey Topaz may be commonly used as an example (to contrast, "Emerald" is automatically that beautiful Green, because of its underlying composition/chemical structure). Awareness of common color associations may be helpful but the color used is perfectly valid, I think the Citrine-like yellow color that comes to mind is a November birthstone example book rather than scientifically based. Super interesting!

Oh no, you too? 😅 Fangbeasts started dominating my cow spawns as well as of a day or so ago, I'm still working on crafting Sparrow Bridles so perhaps we observed a similar pattern in beastie cycles unrelated to finishing the event. (Edit: Definitely feel like Special monster spawn rates should be consistently dominant throughout their limited-time events, but really haven't observed that to be the case. Hope our last bits of Sabre fang searching fo a bit smoother! ❤️ )
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 02-26-21 at 09:47 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    ..... I prefer the look of the hatchling but the drops of the bird. ......
    Do you mean we have to choose? Don't we get a Sparrow and Hatchling?
    I'm still 3 days away from my last upgrade..

.... I caved and bought the Topaz Sparrow for 400gems.
    Attachment 58596
    Goes perfectly in my Warrior Stronghold. ....
    A perfect fit! good choice
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 02-27-21 at 12:07 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I just got to the level where we need to make EIGHT sparrow feeds; it took me FOREVER to make 5; I don?t know how I?m going to make 8.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Do you mean we have to choose? Don't we get a Sparrow and Hatchling?
    I'm still 3 days away from my last upgrade..

A perfect fit! good choice
    We will end up with our chosen-gemstone Bird and the ability to craft the associated Hatchling- so yes we will get one pair. 🥰
    Fellow player may have been referring to choosing between a Gem-purchased (cheaper) other Hatchling (with preferred look) or the other (more expensive) Bird (preferred drops), if they didn't want to or couldn't pay for both? Not sure ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    I just got to the level where we need to make EIGHT sparrow feeds; it took me FOREVER to make 5; I don?t know how I?m going to make 8.
    May I suggest parking a monster (to avoid having to pause collection to fight) and focusing on just your wells/ponds, bushes, Ivy's hut (2 collections per day hopefully) and dead trees if still needed for a day or so? (Assuming you haven't already?) Then resume gathering any other components still needed for the 'easier' Sparrow Saddles, if any, for the last upgrade?
    We do still have < 5 days left, and 4 days minimum (if collecting 2x day) will be required to finish the required Ivy's hut collections assuming no adventure drops. I managed to finish all 8 of my Sparrow Feeds with still half my Ivy's to go by focusing all my energy on gathering the required crafting components (pausing all Other questline's progress etc) as suggested in other posts. 😊 so i'm hoping that you'll see a similar rate start to emerge as crafting continues, and be able to finish your Sparrow Feeds in about 2-3 days just before wrapping up the last Sparrow Bridles!

(Edit: Just one method- If anyone else has any specific tips they'd like to share or reiterate, please do! ✨ )

Good luck with those drops! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 02-27-21 at 02:14 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    We will end up with our chosen-gemstone Bird and the ability to craft the associated Hatchling- so yes we will get one pair. ��
    Fellow player may have been referring to choosing between a Gem-purchased (cheaper) other Hatchling (with preferred look) or the other (more expensive) Bird (preferred drops), if they didn't want to or couldn't pay for both? Not sure ❤️
    LOVE we get both! Can't wait (what nice prizes this event! )
    I think I'm going for the Emerald set, but I need another 3 days before getting there, so I might change my mind