Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/18: Need For Sparrow Speed | event info on page 1

Farm Supplier
    I am also done except for waiting for ivy drop and getting my ambertooth. Took a different approach suggested from an earlier post. I am a newer level 50 with some energy droppers but still depend on the daily energy. I spent all my energy on doing nothing but chopping dead trees, parking a monster when I reached enough hides. Then sent all the adventures from the grubs I collected. Now I knew what was left to collect. I kept collecting from sawmills all this time until enough buckles were gathered. Next I chopped a ton of aspen trees for all the bits. I parked a monster again and collected all the buds from the bushes. Lastly, I did nothing but collect from wells and ponds for the fish. Concentrating on one resource at a time really worked well. First time I tried this method. Now, just focusing on cows to get the ambertooth. There is a ton of time left for the event. Good luck to all!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-24-21 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Removed quote as the post was also removed

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Pics for SC: (I love the hatchling!)
    Adult: 22 hr timer, 1x1, drops 2+ energy, 500 coins and soft feather
    Hatchling: 12 hr timer, 1x1
    Attachment 58572
    Attachment 58573
    I agree that hatchling is adorable. I can’t wait to add it to my kingdom. (The Topaz bird is the one I plan on picking as well.)
    This event has been nice and relaxing for me. Right now I’m just waiting on Ivy, which is on par with the other events like this if not a little faster.
    Another nice thing is that we need help from our neighbors, but there is time. The tickets can come in over 4 days and we don’t need all 20 at once.

I forget who mentioned it, but I too really appreciate the adventure using golden apples and not tying up my keep. The drop rate for Ivy’s item from the adventure has been generous.

All in all, I’m really enjoying this event.

I just got a golden apple from a crab apple tree. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 02-23-21 at 07:43 PM.

Executive Chef
    I’m another that is enjoying this event.

It’s slightly easier than the usual 2,3,4,5,8 format.

The Slippery Fish are hella slippery - the drop rate is a little tedious - but still doable.

All the event buildings and rewards are beautiful.
    I love the castle-style items! Hoping for more design like this.
    Thanks Storm8.

(The glitches at the start were probably the worst ever.
    But mistakes happen.
    Storm8 resolved things quickly. And that is what matters.
    I’m sure the lovely people at Storm8 are also experiencing the stresses of the world at the moment.
    They work their butts off so that we have constant new content, and that is very much appreciated.
    Hoping everyone in the Storm8 crew is safe and well.
    Apologies if it ever seems we take your hard work for granted.)

Agreeing w those enjoying event. All that needs sitting on is Ivy, and NO BABYSITTING or stress of collecting, maybe, a few. Ore of a rare drop, and maybe still not finishing. Some events have too many moving parts for me. Stressy. For me. Once the bugs got sorted, it's clear sailing. I like clear sailing. We had over a dozen pages, maybe 18, in the first few days, and someone commented on it. I almost didn't do the event, but S8 started posting. (Thanks again!). My slippery fish drop rate is the same as everyone else's, it's just more relaxing without the bugs and w this event structure. Those of us needing to chase energy refills, that passes in time, and is a different chase than for event items even if you had 100 alis. The prize of an energy dropper, I presume a weekly, is fab. : D

BUGS, and lack of clarity and communication/responsiveness from the S8 team make events blechy unfun. Although, grub worms for adventure bugs very welcome in my realm. : )

Edit add: people being unkind to other players here is, well, unpleasant, This space is fabulous for kindness, and we are all responsible for keeping that alive and vibrant. Bestest to all, in all ways, of course including both RL and event supplies! : D
    Last edited by AmberWillowWinter; 02-23-21 at 11:49 PM.

Executive Chef
    Clear sailing here too
    The bugs in the beginning of the event weren't fun, but now everything is cleared up, I'm enjoying it as well.
    I also love we don't have to go on Adventures in our Castle. And I love the prizes (drops + art)
    I also like that crafting the 2 tooths is relatively easy (just compare it to crafting the troll and gnome cooks a while back,.. although they did have better drops.. but still)

Good luck to everyone still struggling!
    Only fight monsters when you want to.. if you don't need the spawns, park a monster and you won't spawn anything else.
    Get out a lot of Well's and Ponds. Drop rate is low, but the slippery fish do drop.
    (crafting well's at night is a good way to prepare yourself for future events like this. well's are smaller and have less waiting time, but do always drop event items just like ponds)
    Spent all your energy on the event.
    Remember we're not even halfway through this event..

Quote Originally Posted by AmberWillowWinter View Post
    .... Edit add: people being unkind to other players here is, well, unpleasant, This space is fabulous for kindness, and we are all responsible for keeping that alive and vibrant. Bestest to all, in all ways, of course including both RL and event supplies! : D

Agreed, well said

Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    Wow that?s a lot of wells etc. You know for me I love this game because I love to create a kingdom not just have tons of the same object around. I really feel that these events first of all they should be spaced out and not start another one as soon as one ends. Second of all should not make it so difficult to get these items. It?s not like we have a lot of energy. The energy is all spent and you have no time to enjoy the game with the rest of your buildings etc. I know it?s only a game but it could really be a good game if Powers would be kind of ease up on stuff
    About having tons of the same object around.. I have an area in my realm cleared for event stuff. I fill it with whatever we need that event and clear it after I'm done collecting. This way you can decorate the rest of your realm the way you want, and you won't have to change anything else than that little area.

About spending all energy on events and having no time to enjoy your prizes and other buildings and such.. I think everyone recognizes that feeling..
    It will get easier the longer you play and the more good prizes you collect. At some point you will notice you complete events sooner and sooner, and you don't have to spent every energy you have in order to complete events.
    Every single prize you manage to win/ craft makes your Realm stronger/ more prepared for the next event.
    Even prizes of which you think you don't need the drops can be very useful in an event that requires a lot of that specific drop.

My point.. it will get easier and there will come a time you can fully enjoy all your prizes/ deco's/ buildings and still participate in & complete events.
    If you really don't like the chased feeling, you can always consider skipping an event here or there and working on your Main Story Quests and/or just enjoy your Realm. Events are optional and meant to be fun.
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 02-24-21 at 01:27 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenspaw7 View Post
    I am also done except for waiting for ivy drop and getting my ambertooth. Took a different approach suggested from an earlier post. I am a newer level 50 with some energy droppers but still depend on the daily energy. I spent all my energy on doing nothing but chopping dead trees, parking a monster when I reached enough hides. Then sent all the adventures from the grubs I collected. Now I knew what was left to collect. I kept collecting from sawmills all this time until enough buckles were gathered. Next I chopped a ton of aspen trees for all the bits. I parked a monster again and collected all the buds from the bushes. Lastly, I did nothing but collect from wells and ponds for the fish. Concentrating on one resource at a time really worked well. First time I tried this method. Now, just focusing on cows to get the ambertooth. There is a ton of time left for the event. Good luck to all!
    I have been using this approach for a long time now. It's amazing how much it decreases event stress (the event glitches don't help but S8 has been more timely in fixes). One tip for events the require us to collect regularly from the event building: I still concentrate on one material at a time, always focusing on the item that also drops for the adventure first. I also take the time when I upgrade to a new level to collect enough of all the items (minus Ivy or troll camp) for the next upgrade level. That way you aren't waiting around to reach the next level.

When I first started this method, I used all my energy and logged in as much as possible. Then I got to the point of using my morning daily energy collection for the event and using some of the 2 hour refill energy for storyline/expansion.

This helped me finish events early. I would have a few days where I didn't need to use all the morning energy. I chose to start storing energy and not rush through the storyline. I started accumulating energy. Suddenly I had 3000, then 5000 etc. after a few monster hunts where I didn't have time or just wasn't interested, I started this event with over 13000 energy.

Most events I get all but the bottleneck item after about 6-7 days.
    This event I had essentially all my items by Sunday night. The lower item requirements makes this event attainable for most players.

Fashion Designer
    I'm not struggling with this either. There are 8 days left, my dome is waiting on 2 saddles to upgrade to L5 and the drops are sufficient for that timeframe. I have spent no gems.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-24-21 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Removed quote as I've also removed that whole post.

Fashion Designer
    You know for me I love this game because I love to create a kingdom not just have tons of the same object around.
    I store my multiple ponds and wells etc at the end of an event. There is always one out (more where they fit decoratively) so when I need the rest out I store one to bring them to the top of the inventory list.

Rhino Keeper
    So glad that after the frustrating and confusing initial bugs, this has turned out to be a pleasant event. Just waiting on Ivy now. Thanks S8!

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Wow that?s a lot of wells etc. You know for me I love this game because I love to create a kingdom not just have tons of the same object around. I really feel that these events first of all they should be spaced out and not start another one as soon as one ends. Second of all should not make it so difficult to get these items. It?s not like we have a lot of energy. The energy is all spent and you have no time to enjoy the game with the rest of your buildings etc. I know it?s only a game but it could really be a good game if Powers would be kind of ease up on stuff
    I'm big on the decorating my kingdom thing. I usually keep one well out and the rest in storage. Some events back I discovered that wells gave me better drops than the ponds. I think this one does too. I pulled out all my ponds (5) and wells (9). Ponds take 4 spaces and wells just one. So I am slowly building a group of wells. When the event is done I'll keep one of each out. If you are concerned, they hide very well behind trees. So you could have a lot out that don't show.

I've got a plantation of trees just for harvesting. This way I'm not cutting down my decorative trees. I have one open area where I have been putting the dead trees for this event.

I also try to have an open area for new event buildings, then after the event, put them where they fit best. So I keep a few areas not decorated for event materials.

I've answered a lot of race ticket requests. That's great that so many are getting towards the end!