Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/18: Need For Sparrow Speed | event info on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I've had most success with wells. I've had fish continue to drop irregularly from hydronous hollow, fall pond, and swampy pond. Mermaid pond has been a lot more stingy. I've not received any from Lorelei's fountain, koi pond or blossom bridge. Pond drop is extremely poor. I'm collecting from these (9 wells, 2 hydronous hollows, fall and swampy pond) each time I log in using just 13 energy. I'm not doing too badly with doing it this way. While I'm not doing this every two hours, it could be done. My sparrow dome is level 4.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 02-25-21 at 07:56 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I haven?t gotten a slippery fish out of a well yet; just a pond. Do they come from wells, too? This event is going to take me forever to do at this rate.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I only used wells. On day 1 I put a few ponds out (well more than a few) but they take up too much space and I have 30 odd wells so I put the ponds away after a collection from each. They had equally low drops so for aesthetics the ponds were put back to the abyss of the cellar!

Executive Chef
    I'm another long time player who is pleased with this event. The glitches were caught early and smooth sailing afterward, albeit with low frequency for many collection items. I need only six more bridles to finish and with one week to go, very relaxing from now on. All supplies except the straps are gathered. The fish were indeed slippery, but with about a dozen each ponds and wells, it just took going through them a few times each day. I have 23 weeklies and maybe 45 or so dailies, all gotten through game play or in-game gem purchases, none with irl $$. (I do know that is way less than many other long time kingdoms.) So energy has not been an issue. I'm very grateful for the Goldentooth/Ambertooth goal giving an generous 20 gems; that was a real pleasure. I love that the art matches the theme of the kingdom and does not look glaringly out of place. Very much looking forward to getting my sparrow.

Partly I've been lucky to get where I am, but it also took daily commitment and game playing s****s (such as they are), many of which I learned here on the forums. All of the help from forum leaders and posters has been invaluable. This is my favorite game. I had to sit it out for a while when it got too complicated for my old IOS. Then I had to continually delete and reinstall when I played on my iPhone6 because it used so much memory. Half the reason I got my high memory iPad was for this game!

I understand it can be frustrating for newer players to struggle to finish events and sometimes come short. But that is true of any endeavor requiring time and effort. Years ago, I used to marvel as I watched our son speed Sonic and Link through level after level after level. Whenever I tried, I was a goner in a few minutes.

Executive Chef
    All finished.
    (zero gems spent)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B660E069-08ED-45D7-9158-E3E93765159B.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	366.0 KB 
ID:	58589

Now just to decide whether to get the other Sparrow for 400gems...

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've finished now and have updated the final goals with exactly what happens.

Good luck to those still going...

I have to admit initially I was frustrated by the abysmal drop rate of the slippery fish, but that is just because I am so used to Ivy being the only bottleneck.
    I decided to keep going and see how things worked out and I actually like this format now. I really really like not having to babysit 2 hour timers. I am usually worried about friend requests but this time I can use the wait time to craft remaining items so it actually works out.
    Also like the cosmetics and getting an energy dropper.
    Good luck to everyone still working on this one. If anyone still needs a friend for requests feel free to add me. (Wellara)

Fashion Designer
    I need to make 5 more bridles to finish and those are just waiting for Ivy's hut so I will finish in plenty of time with minimal effort really. I think that sometimes the low drop rates aren't as problematic as they first seem as you can keep collecting whilst waiting for the real bottle neck of Ivy with her 12 hour timer. I usually find that the poor drops keep pace with the slowest timer item.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've finished now and have updated the final goals with exactly what happens.

Good luck to those still going...
    I?m all done I got the sparrow and now there?s a task regarding gems and hay. Has anybody done that yet? What is the outcome? Thank you

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    I’m all done I got the sparrow and now there’s a task regarding gems and hay. Has anybody done that yet? What is the outcome? Thank you
    The search the hay in the stable quest rewards you the Hatchling.

The gem quest is just a way to purchase the other sparrow and hatchling than the one you chose.
    You don’t miss out on anything not buying them.

I caved and bought the Topaz Sparrow for 400gems.
    Kinda expensive for a 2energy dropper... but I like the design.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56D6E592-E52A-45C1-8352-413BE6070598.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	58596
    Goes perfectly in my Warrior Stronghold.

Thanks for a fun event Storm8.
    Last edited by hagypagy; 02-26-21 at 06:01 PM.