Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/18: Need For Sparrow Speed | event info on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    If you look up Swarovski gems you can see a rust brown topaz. I do agree they chose the name ok for the bird. Topaz has a range of colors (even some blue).

I realize we choose one bird color initially and then have an option for purchasing the other color with gems. I'm confused on the hatchling. Do we get our first choice as a hatchLing and then raise it to adulthood, or is the hatchling a second prize?

Will the craft remain for the ambertooth remain so we can make them after the event?

I've be*** getting more fangtooth too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I love the reddish brown color too! 殺 Ahh the power of association- there are gorgeous reddish-brown hued Topaz in its natural color range from yellow to brown, though the Honey Topaz may be commonly used as an example (to contrast, "Emerald" is automatically that beautiful Green, because of its underlying composition/chemical structure). Awareness of common color associations may be helpful but the color used is perfectly valid, I think the Citrine-like yellow color that comes to mind is a November birthstone example book rather than scientifically based. Super interesting!

Oh no, you too?  Fangbeasts started dominating my cow spawns as well as of a day or so ago, I'm still working on crafting Sparrow Bridles so perhaps we observed a similar pattern in beastie cycles unrelated to finishing the event. (Edit: Definitely feel like Special monster spawn rates should be consistently dominant throughout their limited-time events, but really haven't observed that to be the case. Hope our last bits of Sabre fang searching fo a bit smoother! ❤️ )
    Thank you for the technical information. I love crystals and do think of yellow when I think of topaz ;-) my bird is definitely red and so is the one someone posted. If it was orange then I could see your logic. Also the green one looks too much like the Nadia bird.

After I posted I got several sabertooths and enough for my first beastie and THEN got a Fangbeast LOL the power of the post I guess

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Do you mean we have to choose? Don't we get a Sparrow and Hatchling?
    I'm still 3 days away from my last upgrade..
    I was talking about the ones you use gems to purchase. You get one free "set" and the option to purchase the other sparrow and/ or it's hatchling. The hatchling is way cuter and I would have bought it if it was the energy dropper. Sorry for any confusion

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    If you look up Swarovski gems you can see a rust brown topaz. I do agree they chose the name ok for the bird. Topaz has a range of colors (even some blue).

I realize we choose one bird color initially and then have an option for purchasing the other color with gems. I'm confused on the hatchling. Do we get our first choice as a hatchLing and then raise it to adulthood, or is the hatchling a second prize?

Will the craft remain for the ambertooth remain so we can make them after the event?

I've be*** getting more fangtooth too.
    The hatchling stays in it's cute form

Fashion Designer
    I just crafted the hatchling. The animation is super cute where he goes up and down with the shell on his head. I am now crafting the Ambertooth

Fashion Designer
    Is Henslow even worth keeping out? What are the lost pages? Isn't that an old story? I think he looks really creepy

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    Is Henslow even worth keeping out? What are the lost pages? Isn't that an old story? I think he looks really creepy
    Henslow is basically a chicken with a few benefits. No need for the drops, but I do think he looks like a cool wicked elf. Not evil but tricksy for sure. I'm going to keep him for his looks. I like his posture too, a nice departure from the standard pose.

Rhino Keeper
    I've had most success with wells. I've had fish continue to drop irregularly from hydronous hollow, fall pond, and swampy pond. Mermaid pond has been a lot more stingy. I've not received any from Lorelei's fountain, koi pond or blossom bridge. Pond drop is extremely poor. I'm collecting from these (9 wells, 2 hydronous hollows, fall and swampy pond) each time I log in using just 13 energy. I'm not doing too badly with doing it this way. While I'm not doing this every two hours, it could be done. My sparrow dome is level 4.
    P
    Thanks for posting this. I took out my six wells and am having a lot of good luck with them! I got two drops out of the Koi pond this morning and one out of the faerie pond and fall pond. I’m crafting my last sparrow feed now. Whew!
    Last edited by Tiggerddh; 02-27-21 at 11:25 AM.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Will the craft for the ambertooth remain so we can make them after the event? Does anyone from S8 know?
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 02-27-21 at 12:39 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Will the craft for the ambertooth remain so we can make them after the event? Does anyone from S8 know?
    Nope
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...