Thread: Improvement in Gifts Display

Farm Supplier

Improvement in Gifts Display

The gifts are one of the most important features in this game, but somehow it is the most inconvenient feature, too.
    If what I do with the gifts were just sending ongoing goal parts only, it would not be a big deal.
    But we send the old parts to the friends as gifts, or sometimes we browse them to find out which parts I have or how many of them I have.

Many people already gave the idea of deleting useless parts (like.. the parts from the goals that I didn't participate), so I'm not going to talk about it again.
    What I want to suggest here are some features that can reduce the inconvenience in gifts display and browsing.

1. Add "◀▶" Buttons PLEASE

Look at this. I've played this game on and off, maybe not that very long, still I have more gift pages than basic stove recipe pages.
    But I don't have the arrow buttons so I need to swipe every page.
    If I want to check the most recent gift parts or basic parts? Aaaaall the way to the end of it.
    The inconvenience alone makes me reluctant to check the gifts even when I need to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-101704s.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	58473 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-102946d.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	58474

2. Name of the Parts

I don't understand why we have neighbors' names on the gift images. It doesn't mean anything and it's inconvenient.
    It's gonna be much better if we can see the names of the parts.
    I can't even figure out what I can do with these parts. I don't know their names, I can't search for it on the Internet or sth.

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-101811s.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	58476

Soooo I tried to build one more Workshop Stove the other day. I wanted to know whether I have enough parts- so that I can build it right away. I searched the CookBook in this forum, it said I need 'colored plastic', 'red gear', and 'toy nut and bolt'.

Oh come on, how can I figure out which one is 'colored plastic' and 'toy nut and bolt' without their names on the images?
    There are so many kinds of rectangles/bolts in the gifts already.

They look like this :

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-102946s.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	58477
    So much colored and toy-ish right
    It's lucky I could find the images on the Internet. Sometimes I can't find any.

3. Category

There are too many parts and it's really complicated to figure out which is where. I can think of two options.

1) BY TYPE

[new] : last two months goals parts
    [knob]
    [screw]
    [spring/wiring]
    [steel/press]
    [gear]
    [unique features]
    [food]

I personally prefer this, but it's difficult for me to find out good categories for all parts.
    Maybe devs can do better job.
    Anyway hence the second option -

2) BY SEASON

[new] : last two months goals parts
    [spring] : March ~ May theme parts
    [summer] : June ~ August theme parts
    [autumn] : September ~ November theme parts
    [winter] : December ~ February theme parts
    [basic] : basic parts like knob, screw, gear..
    [food] : foods

This way, it's not difficult to make categories, and we can see all the similar goal parts together!
    Also this will be very helpful when I want to use other cooking appliances that can go with my current restaurant theme.

4. Use Old parts for the New goals

These are from the gifts I already have, which are likely from the previous Valentine's Day goals. Current Valentine's Day parts are not included.

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-101704d.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	58475

I have all of these. Why not use these parts for the new goals?
    Or it doesn't have to be exactly the same goals again. We can use red ribbons or roses for the other kind goals too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So these are my suggestions, hope at least devs can give us some of them.
    If it's too difficult to make all these happen, just the first one. "◀▶" Buttons PLEASE.

Thanks.
    Last edited by hyunji1014; 02-15-21 at 07:29 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    I think your suggestions are great and I would love to see them implemented.

In the meantime, I think I can offer a bit of help. I've created an updated list of Parts for both BS (here) and RS (here), it lists what appliance uses the parts, how many are needed and there are images included as well. Hope this helps!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I think your suggestions are great and I would love to see them implemented.

In the meantime, I think I can offer a bit of help. I've created an updated list of Parts for both BS (here) and RS (here), it lists what appliance uses the parts, how many are needed and there are images included as well. Hope this helps!
    Wow. That is one hell of a work! How can you even make this. I bookmarked it already.
    Thank you very much! The list is really helpful and makes gameplay much better.
    Last edited by hyunji1014; 02-14-21 at 09:05 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by hyunji1014 View Post
    Wow. That is one hell of a work! How can you even make this. I bookmarked it already.
    Thank you very much! The list is really helpful and makes gameplay much better.
    Thanks, I'm glad you find it useful.

I'm currently working on a new CookBook Guide (with the appliances, recipes and parts) and deco inventory but the images are taking ages to collect, edit and cross reference.

Something I'm considering is just posting the info and adding the images as I edit them. That way, the reference materials are there for players even if the images aren't ready at first.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Thanks, I'm glad you find it useful.

I'm currently working on a new CookBook Guide (with the appliances, recipes and parts) and deco inventory but the images are taking ages to collect, edit and cross reference.

Something I'm considering is just posting the info and adding the images as I edit them. That way, the reference materials are there for players even if the images aren't ready at first.
    That is very nice of you! With or without images, I would appreciate your work. You already have this nice 'parts list' thread, info alone can be very helpful too.
    You are doing what devs should've done already friend. ;P

Good luck and stay safe
    Last edited by hyunji1014; 02-15-21 at 07:29 PM.