Thread: Game gone nuts about level 13

Game gone nuts about level 13

*****I copied this post to "Bugs & Issues", so you can ignore me here. Not sure how to delete, lol*****

Wow! This went from fun to no fun in a hurry. I was slowly saving up for the windmill, then about 7 other very expensive crafting buildings became available. Suddenly, all my delivery requests began to include things I either couldn't make yet, or fish that are very rare. Now I have to delete about 10 orders for every one I can fulfill. The ones I can fulfill are grossly underpriced, ie: 2 boxes of candy (3 hrs game time to make), for 70 coins. Hardly worth it, but no deliveries, no maps, no expansion, no fun. My barn is full because I have almost everything I need to expand, but can't make deliveries to get the last 2 maps....and also can't get screws & nails I need to get more barn & silo space.

All this started to go goofus at the same time the Valentine event was announced. I wonder if the bugs could be associated with the event? Also, can't hope to participate in the event because all my coins went to the windmill, and it's very slow to make coins only using the market.

To top it off, I went to bed last night with 8 gems and woke up with 2. Any chance there's a solution on the horizon?

Casey
    Last edited by DazzlingDame; 02-13-21 at 12:17 PM.

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Hi Casey
    I did answer you so brought the answer here too. The game does get easier. The main thing is to visit farmers in the community and if they have their quick invite on add them. You need lots of neighbours to buy the product you place in your store. Make your store as big as possible as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    Hi Casey
    Welcome to the game! It gets easier once you save the coins to get the buildings and machines. If they are available to buy then the items they produce will be in your orders. Your only option is to buy the items you need from the Market or delete the orders.
    In the beginning I found I made my most money from the one hour Chocolate and flax ...keep the crops going players are always looking for flax.
    As for gettin the items you need watch your paper and make neighbours with high level Farmers. They are often fully expanded so they sell the items like maps etc as they get them. Soon you will be able to participate In events where you can win decorations and pets.
    Unfortunately we have all lost gems by tapping too quickly and don't even realize it. Hang in there I have been playing this game for years and I think it is the best game on the market.

Judy

This happened to me too!!

Hi Casey
    I did answer you so brought the answer here too. The game does get easier. The main thing is to visit farmers in the community and if they have their quick invite on add them. You need lots of neighbours to buy the product you place in your store. Make your store as big as possible as soon as possible.
    Hi Casey, I don?t think your question was understood. The exact same thing has happened to me. I just reached level 14 and all heck broke loose. All of these new buildings appeared that I have no money for. I purchased the windmill and now the game is unplayable. I can?t make anything that?s requested in the deliveries because I can?t make the money to buy the buildings needed. If I can?t make the items I can?t make the money. My barn is full and the market is sloooooow. I think I?ll have no option but to delete the game which is a shame as I was really enjoying it. I?d love to know if this is a bug. I don?t want to stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmily1112 View Post
    Hi Casey, I don?t think your question was understood. The exact same thing has happened to me. I just reached level 14 and all heck broke loose. All of these new buildings appeared that I have no money for. I purchased the windmill and now the game is unplayable. I can?t make anything that?s requested in the deliveries because I can?t make the money to buy the buildings needed. If I can?t make the items I can?t make the money. My barn is full and the market is sloooooow. I think I?ll have no option but to delete the game which is a shame as I was really enjoying it. I?d love to know if this is a bug. I don?t want to stop playing.
    Could you please list which buildings became available?

Could you please list which buildings became available?
    Noodle House
    Farmers Outpost
    Extractor
    Sweet Sugar Mill
    Soap Maker
    Sugar Spinner
    Specialty Goods
    Bed and Breakfast

All of these became available as soon as I reached level 14 and I can’t craft any of them for deliveries. There are no normal achievable deliveries I can make

Quote Originally Posted by Harmily1112 View Post
    Noodle House
    Farmers Outpost
    Extractor
    Sweet Sugar Mill
    Soap Maker
    Sugar Spinner
    Specialty Goods
    Bed and Breakfast

All of these became available as soon as I reached level 14 and I can’t craft any of them for deliveries. There are no normal achievable deliveries I can make
    Farmers Outpost - Level 14 and often a part of events
    Extractor - Level 14 as well
    Noodle House - Level 14 is correct
    Sweet Sugar Mill - Level 14 is correct
    Soap Maker - Level 14 is correct
    Sugar Spinner - Level 14 is correct
    Specialty Goods - Level 14 is correct
    Bed and Breakfast - Level 14 is correct

I know it seems overwhelming and all you can do is delete the order that you cannot fill. In the beginning you can make more money selling through your store. It is very important to get as many neighbours as possible. Turn on quick invite so players visiting your farm can add you. When you visit another farmer if they have quick invite on ask them to be a neighbour. These are the players that will buy your items. Another important thing is to open all your slots in your store as quickly as possible.
    Keep your store full so you can be at the beginning of your neighbours list when they are looking for an item.

Here is where you can find a list of buildings and what level they become available.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...d-Crafts-Guide
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 02-18-21 at 12:24 PM.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your reply so long ago. Things got a little crazy after you replied, with blizzards and black outs, oh my! Your suggestions were helpful, and I did eventually get through the monumentally frustrating period in the game.

I wrote the rest of my reply offline, before I saw the exchange with Harmily1112, who described my experience exactly. Although I'm past being stuck for about two weeks, I still have mixed feelings about the game overall. it's too bad. I realize you don't have a say in any of this, but I'm writing in the hope that someone at Storm 8 will get the feedback and consider it. The changes they've put in place since the last time I played have thrown the game's economy way out of whack.

I really liked FS2 when I played before. I was into it far enough that I had all the available areas - train station, mine, water garden, all the way out to the llama. I lost the game about 5 years ago when I couldn't get it transferred to my new phone. The thing is, it has changed a great deal since then, and I find it depressing. The new changes are all tailored to make a person either start paying for gems, quit, or go quietly insane. When I first posted here, I couldn't participate in the Valentine's event because it required something that cost like 100 gems. It was choking my barn with items I couldn't use, and the newspaper was full of the same stuff I was frantically trying to sell so I could play the game. Most of it gets discarded...no demand. Since then the St. Patrick's event did the same thing. My relief when it ended was immediately replaced by frustration because the cereal bowl event took its place. I now see that this is going to be a constant interruption in the game.

My husband and I have an agreement not to attach a credit card to our phone accounts, so we only play games that can be played without a card. Most other game platforms offer the option to view ads in lieu of paying for little extras (or necessities). I happily watch ads and patronize advertisers in return for game play. But Storm 8 hasn't caught up, I guess, and I think they're missing the boat on that. I don't begrudge the game companies a nice profit, but others have found a way to do so without being mean-spirited. I get enough frustration and stress at work...I don't need it on the "farm".

Anyway, I've said my piece. I appreciate the time you took to reply before, and to read this. I hope Storm 8 will consider some of the alternate revenue streams that other "free" games are accessing these days. It would welcome more players, and isn't that the goal?

Casey