Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/21: Monster Hunt S29 & LB | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    So I love the idea of the Counting Sheep!
    BUT the animation is off.
    It needs two bushes added ...
    - one for the lamb to emerge from, and one for it to vanish into -
    This way there wouldn’t be appearing and disappearing lambs.

It is beautifully designed otherwise.

In its current state I don’t think I’ll spend gems on it.
    (Also taking up four squares it should give 4xtimes the amount of wool and prime cuts, not just double)

Fashion Designer
    So if i'm understanding this correctly, you have to finish the "A New Foe: Sheepbeast" goal to unlock Counting Sheep for purchase in Marketplace with 105 Gems? 🤔

The Rewards area of that goal is totally blank for me, but I suppose that makes sense if it just unlocks something for purchase in Marketplace and doesn't reward it outright?

(Merrily chopping away at Purple Glimmer Golems. I haven't spawned a Sheepbeast yet [I tend to get distracted/carried away by the shiny new beasties and then fail to max my Golden Troll Token count] so just wanted to be sure. ❤️ )

Fashion Designer
    I love my second cabbage hut, it basically means I can get whatever I want from the tent and especially multiples of energy and ticket droppers when they appear.

This is my personal top 14 list of how I would spend my tokens, if starting from scratch as a beginner.
    Your game strategy can create a totally different priority for you (if fx you spent lots of money/gems on alicorns and now you are only interested in expansion permit droppers or if you don't have any fruit droppers then the armoured kitsunecorn could become priority, or if you just reached the mermaid storyline and need help getting resources because you're out of money, it all depends on your current bottleneck)

I put the cabbage hut on top only because it can be very frustrating and may take multiple monster hunts for a beginner to get 70 gold tokens and then you have a nice mythic research center and no more tokens to craft anything before the next hunt. At least with the cabbage hut you begin collecting cabbages immediately, and in the last year or so I got 21 daily energy droppers, 6 weekly energy droppers, 7 guaranteed ticket droppers plus miscellaneous cute deco from the tent.

The maxotaur goes near the top of my list because for beginners cooking is very energy intensive.
    Then the cheap energy droppers.
    Peacocks are high on the list because they're cheap to get and regular gold droppers, golden items are a big bottle neck for beginners especially in events, for more experienced players gold is awesome towards having a nightly royal exchange gold trade gem production.
    After that it's basically energy and expansion droppers on the list.

Personally I also love the armoured shadowwolf, mainly because they're beautiful but they're also multi droppers like the trade post.
    I'm also thinking of getting an army of dragons for the chance of gems, it's a very rare drop but they're only 3 tokens each

1x Cabbage hut (cabbages for the barons tent) 70 tokens
    1x Mythic research center (needed to craft everything below) 70 tokens
    1x Armoured Maxotaur (feasts) 45 tokens
    4x Armored alicorns (energy) 60 tokens
    4x Unicorns (energy and tokens) 100 tokens
    4x Golden Peacocks (golden items) 20 tokens
    1x Glimmer Alicorn (energy) 25 tokens
    4x Armored Flygers (expansion permits) 140 tokens
    4x Armored Fangbeast (New craft, energy and tokens) 160 tokens
    2x Wizard Portal (energy) 320 tokens
    4x Armored Lizards (expansion permits, mithril) 140 tokens
    4x Armored Direboar (energy) 396 tokens
    4x Armored Direwolf (energy) 340 tokens
    4x Kitty Knight (expansion permits) 140 tokens

Total: 2026 tokens
    Last edited by shambalaya; 01-21-21 at 10:16 PM.
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Executive Chef
    I'm tossing up between the armoured direboar or armoured fangbeast- which would you do first?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    I'm tossing up between the armoured direboar or armoured fangbeast- which would you do first?
    Hands down fangbeasts if you have to choose.

I personally went for the direboar first because of the mithrils limit. I'll need the next few days to fill up my mithrils to craft a second boar. While I'm waiting for mithrils I'll craft all four fangbeasts.

Executive Chef
    Goal six - two chests - four rotten cabbages and 5,000 coins.

I think I really am going to have to go for the Armored Winter Steed tonight. I am all about the pretty (already have a decent number of weekly energy droppers). I have been saving for that lovely steed since it first appeared.

Shambalaya: FAB idea for army of purple dragons for the rare gem drop! I just started cooking up dragons in the forge (9 eggs and 8 embers, took years) but realised they will do me better as possible gem droppers. The MRC purple ones will fit w the new neon space theme area next to the moon base. Yay!

I don't need any more energy droppers, although I will craft them, because, like, when is having enough energy a reason to not get energy droppers? : D But I just got caught in a 75 gem trap accidentally speeding up (ironically) a dragon.

Otherwise, weighing in that although I got the MRC before the cabbage hut, the second cabbage hut has been utterly fabulous. Three guaranteed ticket droppers, 5 kitsunecornes in this month's tent so far and countless daily alis over the years. There was a dry run where the prizes were so meh I saved hundreds of cabbages, but that just leaves me free to get the deco I love rather than have to wait until I get something in the tent for which I can 'justify' cabbage expenditure.

Even with some of the advice conflicting, I think it's all good. So, you can't go wrong, really. They are both fabulous in their own way. You get stuck waiting with each of them too because they have different bottlenecks; Tent, selection for that month and what shows up in your tent, and w the MRC, waiting for the opportunity to grind out tokens.

Best wishes to all for an ideally relaxed event! Remember the critters stay in the MRC so no rush! : )

Edit add: Thanks S8 for a truly wonderful release! Although there hasn't been too much chat about the cow: CUTE! : D

Executive Chef
    Wow, this is a surprise.
    We haven't had new energy droppers in the MRC for ages, and now we get 4 Weekly's AND 4 Unicorns droppers in 1 go? WOW
    I don't know if it's meant that way, but to me it feels like a compensation for the not so successful last event.
    Either way, it's very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Wow, this is a surprise.
    We haven't had new energy droppers in the MRC for ages, and now we get 4 Weekly's AND 4 Unicorns droppers in 1 go? WOW
    I don't know if it's meant that way, but to me it feels like a compensation for the not so successful last event.
    Either way, it's very much appreciated!
    DITTO! : D

Another topic: as I just did a few expansions and burned through a large number of enchanted wisp lanterns, I have decided to plow through cloudberry bushes for wisp essence to replace them. It isn't as energy efficient as the horsies, but as the person in the lead on my LB group has close to 10k points already, I figure just relax and have fun, and do non MH goals.

Hey, I should take my own advice more often, instead of stressing events! Lol! : )

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    ...and yet I'm quite pleased with my 2nd hut. Twice as many cabbages.
    I have 601 cabbages right now!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast