Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
I have no hope to get first or second. I'm ok with that. But I wish the matches could be a little closer in terms of ability and resources. I'm a new level 50. I'm paired with two long term players (who have earned all the energy creatures they have over the years of work they have put into their games). I may be unintentionally counting some daily creatures. But the first player has about 130ish weekly alicorn/unicorns with about 10,000 LB points. Second in line is just under 7,000 with about 126 weeklies. I'm about 2,000 with 9 weekly alicorns. While I'm not intending to grumble, there is most decidedly an imbalance. And I can't see a way for S8 to avoid the imbalance or sort people differently. I do wish my neighbors luck on the event no matter what.
I think S8 group players together according to past MH performances.
I don't play much on my second and so usually finish 18-20th with zero points. And the winners are usually under 2000 points.
Last time the winner was ~1600 points and second place was ~900!
For this MH, the leader is currently just under 1000 points and second place is 947. And I am 10th with 74 points. I have 200+ energy droppers and other players in the group only have a handful.

Similar thing with my main account. I have heaps of energy droppers and am grouped with players that have only a few.
As I haven't really participated in the last few monster hunts, other than to get to 2300 points and then park a monster, I'm now in a relatively easy group.

There's finally some good stuff in the MC so I have been quite active this monster hunt. Need those gold tokens!
Though it's not my goal, might finish top two and not bottom two this time.