Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Regarding the Oxa timer: The portal ores are guaranteed drops, when they used to be random in the last iteration of this event type, I believe. I think players have often said they would prefer guaranteed drops with longer timers over random drops with shorter timers (like Ivy vs Troll Camp in that one common event type). So maybe the thinking on S8's side was along those lines - they made it a guaranteed drop but with a longer timer. The idea seems a good one. I just think they overdid it with the 4 hours. 3 hours would have been much more reasonable, in my opinion.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    Regarding the Oxa timer: The portal ores are guaranteed drops, when they used to be random in the last iteration of this event type, I believe. I think players have often said they would prefer guaranteed drops with longer timers over random drops with shorter timers (like Ivy vs Troll Camp in that one common event type). So maybe the thinking on S8's side was along those lines - they made it a guaranteed drop but with a longer timer. The idea seems a good one. I just think they overdid it with the 4 hours. 3 hours would have been much more reasonable, in my opinion.
    No, they always were guaranteed drops.

"The Fire Panda should have a 2hr collection timer, and a guaranteed drop." SgtBeebo

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1627175

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    🤓 On second thought. Financial decoupling of the value pack with this event type may work OVER TIME to show why people spend the way they do *assuming people haven't started refusing (Edit: "b*O*yc**ing" showed up bleeped out so changed my word choice) spending or suffer from wallet exhaustion and dissatisfaction with/leaving the game or other real life factors like pandemic, recession, changing priorities, etc . But it WOULD help over time because it would break that "hey they like this look at our spending during this event type vs - " No no no during this VALUE pack not just event type! Some people may still be willing to spend to get ahead or finish of course, but they'd be spending on easy and hard events at will anyway, so it would at least remove that extra deciding factor that encourages spending by those who wouldn't normally spend from this event type. I'm sure they do consider these factors but ONLY offering this Value Pack during this new trial-by-fire event type seems like a potential oversight (unless it's meant to encourage spending and soothe our crankiness ? Make us happy to see another Piggy/Panda/Portalworm event because ooo Value Pack? )
    So meanwhile relying on us literally stating why we're spending, or not spending, as some of us have have done should help.
    ... Come to think of it, does Support have a financial investment feedback sector? 😂

Oh nooo not a horrible rollback. I'm so sorry it affected your Event play! 😥

These Desynching issues are sometimes helped by making sure you frequently force-close and restart the game, and allow your game to synch before you resume gameplay, but sometimes it's just not our fault and happens despite all precautions!
    ( Like when they add an early Monday Doorbuster [I usually reload around standard event-start time on Mondays and am fine, but the doorbuster banner for the Ice dragon caused a reset in my game last Monday because I was actively playing when it happened early] or make some other change that goes live with a bang, and the game decides woops you need to see it *now*, grumble grumble. )

Might try reaching out to support since you spent Gems and had a rollback? Not sure if anything can be done or would be before event's end but might be worth a shot.

Good luck. 😥❤️

Edit: Also, I do appreciate that maybe that Monday Doorbuster banner pushed ahead because it's a limited time sale and sometimes people miss them if they don't reload their game, but the Cool new exciting banner for a limited time sale that turns out to be a normal dragon's drops in a pretty event reward skin is not a coding change or event reward that should push ahead imo 😂
    I'm not asking for a change there as i'm sure someone appreciated the interrupting notice heads-up, I just wish its appearance hadn't caused a rollback. 😊
    No. I didn't have a rollback. You misunderstood.
    I have an extra water left and I don't know where it came from.

Fashion Designer
    I appreciate the thought, queens_ransom! It does feel like a step backwards since it was originally a 2 hours Collection time with 4 hour initial crafting time for the last-stage creature in the last event (as olcastle mentioned above), but S8's continued willingness to work with players to improve this event type and attempts to balance expressed player preferences is much appreciated.

So sorry for my misunderstanding, Flowersandgems! It was early and I clearly go sidetracked by my own experience.
    (Edit: and am still sidetracked now. I'm sure you're already doing this but watching closely for the next few collections may help you determine if it was an isolated event or some sort of issue/bug, I haven't noticed any such bonus discrepancies in my own game and have actually been taking short-term -quickly removed once my progress is 'saved'- screenshot proof during these frustratingly long Event collections to make sure i'm not rolling back. )
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-13-21 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Forgot to try to be helpful ^^'

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    No, they always were guaranteed drops.

"The Fire Panda should have a 2hr collection timer, and a guaranteed drop." SgtBeebo

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1627175
    Well, in that case, disregard everything I've said! Thanks for the info, olcastle! Makes it even worse, though...

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I also purchased one of the 10 trade ticket deals and would have with no event supplies. So it wasn't for the supply boost.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    I also purchased one of the 10 trade ticket deals and would have with no event supplies. So it wasn't for the supply boost.
    I also purchased several of the first value pack. Not related to the event at all! Didn't even use the infinite energy because there was no need. I only bought it for the expansion permits (not trade tickets by the way, wouldn't have purchased if they were mere trade tickets).
    Does anyone know what is in the second value pack? I must be getting old but it's way too small for me to figure it out.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you Teika! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    I also purchased several of the first value pack. Not related to the event at all! Didn't even use the infinite energy because there was no need. I only bought it for the expansion permits (not trade tickets by the way, wouldn't have purchased if they were mere trade tickets).
    Does anyone know what is in the second value pack? I must be getting old but it's way too small for me to figure it out.
    Yeees 😊❤️ (To the 10 lovely little deciding factors ahem Expansion Permits; I did enjoy unlimited energy though would have honestly gone for it without that and just something else too.)

Sure thing!
    From my best squint, The current pack is 3 Expansion Permits + 18 Portal Ore & 5 (yellow) Enchanted Lanterns + 8 Portalpillar Slime & 1 Portalpillar Hide & 2 Binary Petals & 4 Hydronous Water.

New Resident
    I give up - impossible to finish.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    From my best squint, The current pack is 3 Expansion Permits + 18 Portal Ore & 5 (yellow) Enchanted Lanterns + 8 Portalpillar Slime & 1 Portalpillar Hide & 2 Binary Petals & 4 Hydronous Water.
    Thank you kindly!