Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoKida View Post
    Is it too late to start the event now? I?ve been skipping it since I wasn?t interested in the energy but once I read that the portal is an expansion permit dropper I got interested... however, would I be able to finish up everything in time to get the portal?
    You should still have plenty of time.
    The bottleneck for this event is the Binary Bulb.
    It has a 12hr timer, and you need 13 of these.
    So you will need 6.5 days from its’ placement in Goal 7.

Everyone seems to be stressing about collections and drop rates etc...
    but I’ve already collected the materials for all the blocks and beams, only 3 days in.
    (no gems spent)
    (but I am a freak that sets timers haha)

I will have enough vine by tomorrow night to upgrade to LVL 6 , and should have all 3 Oxa crafted by then.
    That leaves 3 days to to get the materials for the 6 Portal Keys while waiting for the Binary Petals to drop.

Also, if you’re stressed about completing in time there is the awesome bundle available at the moment with 10 Expansion Permits!!
    It’s an amazing deal and would probably catch up any lost time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    BUG: Oxa collection time

This event is similar in format to Kung Who! panda! event so the Oxa is the fire panda equivalent. Oxa has a 4h collection time vs 2h for the fire panda. Only dropping 1 portal ore per collection and you will need 108 in total for the 6 portal keys. Please fix. Thanks.
    I'm so sorry for those who are spending gems to speed up, just to get slow down by bugs. I hope S8 will fix it soon.
    And I hope it's really a bug. Just kind of strange how 2 hours became 4 when both previous events (Pandas and Wee Pigs) had 2 hours timer.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    You should still have plenty of time.
    The bottleneck for this event is the Binary Bulb.
    It has a 12hr timer, and you need 13 of these.
    So you will need 6.5 days from its’ placement in Goal 7.
    (...)
    You are right that the Binary Bulb is what slows us down at first, but if previous events of this format are anything to go by, getting 84 of the Larvae which drop from the Oxa (which we first have to craft) will also take quite a while. The drop rate is not great for them (someone reported 25%) and the timer for the Oxa is 4 hours (and you can't have more than three). Either the drop rate will have to improve or the timer will need to be shortened (requiring babysitting of the game again), otherwise it's not at all feasible even for those who started on time to finish the event.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    You are right that the Binary Bulb is what slows us down at first, but if previous events of this format are anything to go by, getting 84 of the Larvae which drop from the Oxa (which we first have to craft) will also take quite a while. The drop rate is not great for them (someone reported 25%) and the timer for the Oxa is 4 hours (and you can't have more than three). Either the drop rate will have to improve or the timer will need to be shortened (requiring babysitting of the game again), otherwise it's not at all feasible even for those who started on time to finish the event.
    I think this event type is designed to have lots of bottlenecks, beginning with the Apotranus Vine.
    Having only 1 Apotranus Bloom was really painfully slow going.. especially knowing all the things ahead that you can't start collecting yet.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    BUG: Oxa collection time

This event is similar in format to Kung Who! panda! event so the Oxa is the fire panda equivalent. Oxa has a 4h collection time vs 2h for the fire panda. Only dropping 1 portal ore per collection and you will need 108 in total for the 6 portal keys. Please fix. Thanks.
    Yes Please Fix ...as at this rate takes 2 days for 1 key so impossible to finish without spending gems!!!

Someone posted a few pages ago about this; I also can't craft the third portalpillar. I made two of the first one, Portallpillar, the purple one, and one of the second, Portalpillar Maximus, the blue one, and the caves cavern is showing max reached for the next one. : ( I had misread the previous post on this and thought I HAD to craft two of the first before doing the third, instead of DON'T. OOPS.

Can S8 please fix? Anyone else having these problems?

BTW, absolutely love the art work!!! And as least one other has noted, the responsiveness of S8 has been notable and fantastic lately. THANK YOU!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A5584C99-4F7F-469F-9DB8-9EF4B1C79766.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	58122

Executive Chef
    What I am not looking forward to is the 108 larvae needed. Hopefully Shibuya has the drop rate too low (50%). Otherwise that's 216 portipillar gigantus to defeat...208 hours. No one will have enough time to defeat that many. You'd have to stay up until the end of the event.

I think I am about as far ahead as you can be, starting the event as soon as it was live. I was lucky to receive and keep 2 blooms so worked quickly through the early goals. I will be lucky if all 3 oxa are crafted by tomorrow night. Unfortunately my hydro ponds have a 25 % drop rate. Minimum of 24 hours to collect 8 per Oxa. At this rate I won't be starting goal 11 until Wednesday which gives me about 180 hours left in the event.

I am 30 minutes from collecting from the first Oxa, hopefully he will drop ore before goal 11.

EDIT: The Oxa did drop 1 ore.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 01-11-21 at 05:33 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberWillowWinter View Post
    Someone posted a few pages ago about this; I also can't craft the third portalpillar. I made two of the first one, Portallpillar, the purple one, and one of the second, Portalpillar Maximus, the blue one, and the caves cavern is showing max reached for the next one. : ( I had misread the previous post on this and thought I HAD to craft two of the first before doing the third, instead of DON'T. OOPS.

Can S8 please fix? Anyone else having these problems?

BTW, absolutely love the art work!!! And as least one other has noted, the responsiveness of S8 has been notable and fantastic lately. THANK YOU!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A5584C99-4F7F-469F-9DB8-9EF4B1C79766.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	58122
    The picture you show is the possibility to craft the third portalpillar. The pink one. From what I can see you can craft it. We are only allowed to have a max of 1 blue one and 1 pink one, that is why the blue one is locked in the pic you included.

It might have thrown you off because the order of them moves, but you can craft all 3.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    --
    Also, if you?re stressed about completing in time there is the awesome bundle available at the moment with 10 Expansion Permits!!
    It?s an amazing deal and would probably catch up any lost time.
    Just want to add that as of the time i'm posting this, there's only 8 hours left for the 10 Expansion Permit Deal with the early catch-up Event items- it'll switch over to (probably) a $9.99 or equivalent package with different bonuses and Event items further along in the goal list then.

The Event *should* be totally doable with a lot of dedication, I just want to be sure anyone interested in this package specifically noticed the timer (since the next one's likely going to be 2 Permits and 50 Wisp Lanterns if it follows the Kung Fu Panda event's pattern, and we didn't see the 10 Expansion Permit deal again until this Event).

Good luck all! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-11-21 at 06:08 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    What I am not looking forward to is the 108 larvae needed. Hopefully Shibuya has the drop rate too low (50%). Otherwise that's 216 portipillar gigantus to defeat...208 hours. No one will have enough time to defeat that many. You'd have to stay up until the end of the event.

I think I am about as far ahead as you can be, starting the event as soon as it was live. I was lucky to receive and keep 2 blooms so worked quickly through the early goals. I will be lucky if all 3 oxa are crafted by tomorrow night. Unfortunately my hydro ponds have a 25 % drop rate. Minimum of 24 hours to collect 8 per Oxa. At this rate I won't be starting goal 11 until Wednesday which gives me about 180 hours left in the event.

I am 30 minutes from collecting from the first Oxa, hopefully he will drop ore before goal 11.

EDIT: The Oxa did drop 1 ore.
    Shibuya has probably made an unintended switch of larvae with ore in the table. You need 18 ores and 14 larvae for 1 key so 108 ores and 84 larvae for 6 keys. Oxa with 4h collection time (bug as previous events list the equivalent item having 2h collection times) is the main bottle neck as you cannot craft more than 3 oxa. Unless you have all 3 oxa by this evening and do not miss 5 collections per day, you are probably not going to finish the event as alluded to by kolakid above as well.