Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    I’m so glad the timer and drops for the Oxa have changed - thank yoy. I went from not being able to finish (even if I’d set alarms through the night, which I wasn’t going to do) to being able to finish all of a sudden quite easily. I was most astonished to see this was going to be an incomplete event for me but I wasn’t going to use gems because I don’t actually need the rewards. It was more the principle of finishing the event because I haven’t got much else to do in the game.

Good luck to everyone that’s still slogging away.

Ok, is it only me or is everyone having VERY small graphics in their value packs? I can't even tell what many of the items are. Needless to say I do not buy value packs when I can't tell what exactly are in them. S8 you may want to fix that.

Fashion Designer
    Exhausted by this pattern of impossible structure and last-minute "save".

(Don't read if you're looking for Event tips. Just a tired paying player here... hoping to get back to Fun ❤️ . )

Neutral disappointed towards the whole thing. Wanted to be Happy. Loved the floating flowers and pastel bioluminescence, was happy with the lovely 10 Expansion Permits offered in the first value pack.
    Event structure, responsiveness, was another bust. So many roadblocks offering natural pooling of and barriers to progress is challenging enough already. Oxa timer was first brought up on Monday, not addressed when the bug for Androids was fixed, and 'handled' late Friday just before weekend (Thanks). The Event is not over yet but feels that way. If the Oxa timers were 2 hours all along i'd have been satisfied, if we had any comment addressing our concerns or even "we're very busy right now and will address any feedback for future iterations after the event" similar to what was said before issues started to arise, but left to believe they were now set to a 4 hour Collection time *on purpose* then changed without addressing whyyyy is just absolutely meh. Love the timer change framed as a direct response to a call-out post about Piggy Event's failure ❤️, not exactly encouraging to just get a fix for this one without reassurance for the future! I had stressed out made a time table since I don't use timers (my body had started to wake me naturally every 4 hours!!) and only had 15 collections left to go so it was just "oh, yay for others, okay- ahahha .... is this going to happen again? why was it like this?" Let down when no word. Word may still come but just tired by the thought of this happening *again*. I'm grateful happy for those who can now finish, sad for those of us who invest so much time and effort into COMMUNICATING and trying to help improve by offering feedback making the forum and events more enjoyable and left in the dark. I've been trying to watch that over-invested feeling but I do really enjoy this game and want to see it succeed for many years to come. If this event type is meant to stay Super Challenging nearing impossible to finish then okay I will Protest its structure by NOT Buying any permit packs or Gems next time to avoid even a shadow of 'I like this / I support these / more please' instead of wasting time and energy providing feedback and reasons justifying purchase
    And suggestions for how to improve the Event itself.

Yes, we were heard this time, we got a change even if it took a full work-week, but why does it seem to have to be EVERY time?
    I guess I don't trust 'no word' Especially since it's a step backwards from 'Kung Who? Panda' in what could only be an attempt at making it MORE of a 'challenge' after finding a happy fix people were pleased with last time. An attempt at balancing and continually striving for improvement would see more interaction, imo, not these last-minute fidgets that may not be kept for the next iteration or might end up with a WORSE change to provide more 'challenge' and require another last-minute fix. "Can collect the needed quest item from them as soon as you place them? Let's make the timers longer! Timers back to short again? Oh add more total needed to the requirements-" nooo, please. 🥺 Are we really just supposed to do this Every. Single. Time? When we had a change that already made us happy? 'This Event type is a WIP' a playground for pushing player boundaries- Not a happy guinea pig. 😊

Grateful guinea for what I assume is a relic of trying to constantly improve the game and gameplay experience! Just not happy when left to make my own assumptions and excuses.

I want to play. I want to help. I want to finish Events, and feel like my extras i've paid for or earned through gameplay are helping me to finish sooner or on my terms- NOT required to finish! - and definitely not required along with a completely free schedule!

Placed Pavo earlier.

Eh.

Good luck and happy playing to anyone still trying. ❤️

Edit: Sorry to interrupt the floods of relief at finally being able to finish. Kept it in the other day but decided to wait and then since it settled down to still feeling nothing after finishing, eh.

Have a wonderful day! 😊❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-17-21 at 07:08 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Maybe this has already been asked, I haven't read every single post in this thread - why can't we store or sell the two apotranus blooms? I don't really need or want them out any longer.

Rhino Keeper
    Glad you finished storm! And with so much time to spare! Awesome

Crafting my 4th key now! I am happy to have an event that doesn't rely on chopping the whole time
    I love coming to the forum to share, to complain a little bit, to get helpful tips, to laugh at others funny comments.
    I love the art in this event and am happy with the oxa timer change. I appreciate all the hard work the developers and forum contributors put into the game, nobody is perfect and all humans make mistakes. What we do in response to other people's not intentional and not life threatening mistakes shows what kind of character we have. What kind of people we are. Let's make the decision to have a happy day my fellow castle storians- aaaaaaand go Browns!!!!!!!!!

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for the little reminder to shift perspective, Sarah! 😊❤️
    When it comes time to plan Events and set timers and requirements, it is intentional but i'm sure they don't mean to alienate or frustrate anyone. And I realize that may not have been what you were referring to 😉 just what I had on mind!
    Hope those last 2 finish up easy for you! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-17-21 at 08:19 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahsStarryNight View Post
    Glad you finished storm! And with so much time to spare! Awesome

Crafting my 4th key now! I am happy to have an event that doesn't rely on chopping the whole time
    I love coming to the forum to share, to complain a little bit, to get helpful tips, to laugh at others funny comments.
    I love the art in this event and am happy with the oxa timer change. I appreciate all the hard work the developers and forum contributors put into the game, nobody is perfect and all humans make mistakes. What we do in response to other people's not intentional and not life threatening mistakes shows what kind of character we have. What kind of people we are. Let's make the decision to have a happy day my fellow castle storians- aaaaaaand go Browns!!!!!!!!!
    This makes me feel like a bad person
    Of course not meant that way, but it does anyway.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    This makes me feel like a bad person.
    Oh my GAWD never!! You're a lovely contributor and honestly a sounding stone of sanity at times.
    The fact that we feel so hard hit just reflects how close to heart we play. ❤️

And when it happens over and over and over again we all end up feeling a little worn down at times!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Oh my GAWD never!! You're a lovely contributor and honestly a sounding stone of sanity at times.
    The fact that we feel so hard hit just reflects how close to heart we play. ❤️

And when it happens over and over and over again we all end up feeling a little worn down at times!
    Thanks stormaurora, you're so sweet
    Sorry for reacting so emotional.
    I hope the next event will be uncomplicated, fun and relax.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    This makes me feel like a bad person
    Of course not meant that way, but it does anyway.
    Noooooo. Sending you an internet hug. Just trying to remind everyone that there are people working at storm 8 and people giving their time as forum contributors. People with feelings and emotions and families and stress and bills and extending a little grace is a wonderful thing for us all to remember to do. Myself included.
    Nothing to do with you.
    But seriously. Go browns!!!! For real.