Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I've been a bit loud with my frustrations during this event. I do wish to let the folks with S8 and moderators know that they, and the work that they put into the game, are appreciated. And I think we do want to work with you to make it work well.

Fashion Designer

Pavo is great

I'm surprised to see how many people see that Pavo is a daily dropper and conclude that he's not as good as a weekly dropper. He drops at least 5 energy per collection, and many times more energy, plus 2235 coins. If you take the weekly average, he drops about 40+ energy plus 15,000+ coins per week. That's a net of 35+ energy per week plus 15k coins. That's to me at least as good as a weekly ali.

I believe there's a general misbelief that all daily energy droppers are worse than weekly alis. Daily energy droppers actually have several different types.
    - There're the low, 2 energy minimum droppers. Energy wise, they're terrible, but they often drop other stuff.
    - Then there are the 4 energy minimum droppers. Despite the lower energy amount, some of these have great extra drops, such as my favorite rainbow alis, unicorns, and armored alis. IMO, the armored alis for example are even better than the weekly, since they frequently drop armors, mithrils, and many times they drop 20, 50, 100 energy.
    - There're also the 5 energy minimum group. They drop at least 5 energy per collection, often more, plus a huge amount of coins. On average, they drop a net of 35 energy per week (compared to 39 energy from a weekly ali). Factoring in the nice amount of coins, 15k coins per week compared to 500 coins from a classic weekly ali, they're not worse than a weekly ali at all, if not better, depending on how you look at it.

Of course these comparisons assume you log in the game daily. If you want to log in less frequently or if you prefer a large burst of energy then weekly alis are more suitable. Playing style aside, from a pure arithmetic point of view, please don't go hating on all the dailies There're good ones, and Pavo's one of them.

Rhino Keeper
    Given the last time the event of this structure occurred, I knew I had to buy the 500 gem Planomos Pine if I had any hope of completion. I am very glad S8 figured out they were causing inane stress with the obscene requirements. However, for those of us who wasted 500 gems on an item that?s wasn?t necessary after they fixed the Oxa drop, what will be done?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nic_hawk View Post
    Given the last time the event of this structure occurred, I knew I had to buy the 500 gem Planomos Pine if I had any hope of completion. I am very glad S8 figured out they were causing inane stress with the obscene requirements. However, for those of us who wasted 500 gems on an item that?s wasn?t necessary after they fixed the Oxa drop, what will be done?
    I don't imagine anything will be done as it was an "Optional" purchase that will drop Faerie building supplies post-event (I still have my Panda Cub- would the equivalent have been a second Bamboo Fountain though? Ah well- and nothing was done there), but if you're unhappy with your purchase I have seen others recommend contacting Customer Service ? (If you haven't already.)

(I don't think people who spent Gems to speed things up, or bought packs etc, to finish early would be refunded either as it would probably involve resetting progress back or.. no idea. Good luck! )

Aside: This is another reason I dislike events rolled out with 'impossible requirements with a late fix', players make decisions based on those crazy drops/timers and end up unhappy.

Have a great timezone-appropriate-signoff, all! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-17-21 at 11:08 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahsStarryNight View Post
    Noooooo. Sending you an internet hug. Just trying to remind everyone that there are people working at storm 8 and people giving their time as forum contributors. People with feelings and emotions and families and stress and bills and extending a little grace is a wonderful thing for us all to remember to do. Myself included.
    Nothing to do with you.
    But seriously. Go browns!!!! For real.
    Sorry for taking it so personal. I'm feeling pretty bad, so that's probably making me extra sensitive.
    Internet hug back (and I don't know the Browns, but good luck to them!)
    And thanks to stormaurora42, Rosewood_Keep and TeikaEmberstorm for your posts/ input.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post
    Oof I don?t believe in luck. It?s just an algorithm with increased or decreased probability of spawning. Thanks for your reply though. I just want to know if others experienced a lowered spawn rate that?s all.
    Last night 2 of my 3 oxas spawned a portalpillar gigantus. Today after 9 collections no spawns. I wish it would spawn as the larvaes are now the sticking point. I should have no trouble finishing now that the oxa timer is 2 hours. I only need 2 more keys, but I do need to set the timer for an hour for collecting from the portal.

Edit - I, too, was not able to finish the piggy event. I was close but ran out of time and determined I wasn't going to spend gems. I finished the panda event because S8 made changes to the timers to help. I should finish this event, but if the oxa timer changed hadn't happened, I might not have finished it either.
    Last edited by ladlasse; 01-17-21 at 01:35 PM.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Farm Supplier
    Problem is not only the keys with the larvae but the beams also ...I still struggle with the apotranus bloom to get the wine.... wonder if I can finish ....

Fashion Designer
    Do we not get expansion permits until after the event finishes? I just did my second collection and only got a star. Couldn’t see the first because of the galloping horse

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    Do we not get expansion permits until after the event finishes? I just did my second collection and only got a star. Couldn’t see the first because of the galloping horse
    It does say after the event.

Farm Supplier
    My reply to AnnirraSweets was because she told me I was wrong about the initial post, ! She made me feel defensive. I know I read the description for Pavo as 6.9 days collection. I made my decision to spend even more gems than I already had, because the event wasn?t doable. Then I come to forum to check on others progress?- and find out ?- timers were changed fo Oxas! I would not have used that 220 gems to finish and if I knew he was a ?daily? I would have thought a bit longer on whether to spend. I apologize to forum members for my temper tantrum?s. I play Castle Story daily. Please bear with me. My frustration at the politics in my country flowed into my escape hatch. HAGD and stay safe😷😇