Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Thanks stormaurora, you're so sweet
    Sorry for reacting so emotional.
    I hope the next event will be uncomplicated, fun and relax.
    Not at all! ❤️

Oh my I wouldn't mind hacking away at something right about now. 😂
    Don't want to make anyone's carpal tunnel act up though! 😕
    Sometimes just can't win. 🥺

Fun and relaxed sounds amazing. ❤️

I was typing this but shall place it here since I figured we miiiight be typing at the same time again

"Edit: I swear I think before I post but it's tradition now 😊
    We're all here for this lovely wonderful magical game, and invested (effort time energy emotions and/or money and Life effort) in seeing it succeed.
    I don't think it's wrong to express dissatisfaction, disappointment, or feeling abandoned along with the praise. If all we do is plaster a happy mask on when things are bothering us nothing can improve.
    How we phrase (hellooo my storm of edits 😂 ) and express ourselves then is I think a better indicator of how well we've handled it, and sometimes we leave the vent ALONE and post as-is with just a small
    Note of praise to show we are still thankful, to express just how disappointed or heavy-hearted we feel. I don't think expressing that is bad. Attacking name-calling and the online equivalent of bullying or verbal abuse? Oh my yes, horrible!
    But sharing how meh you were? Oh no, never. "

This is a wonderful game that represents a huge investment on the parts of players and builders alike, so I think we're fine saying how we feel occasionally and hoping that on the other side are still understanding creative intelligent well-meaning souls. ❤️ (Anyone feeling cranky? Happy? Tired? Needy? Caffeine deprived, restless, agitated, distracted, stressed, everything possible and some totally impossible- You all too! 😊 )

Business interests aside, I think they do care- but they're still doing their jobs and living their lives too, so I hope whomever reads what we all write takes it into their professional consideration for us as invested players and fellow dynamic caring souls.

Even if we feel sheepish a little while later, we still expressed something for a reason and even if it's just to vent that's perfectly valid and fine.
    Not everyone has the best of intentions online to be sure, so though it's not my place to judge that I do think we generally say the things we do because we want to play the game and found something amiss.
    It seems to me that feedback for a specific Event and timeline goes in the thread for that Event along with questions tips hints and guidance, so even if general feedback may be extracted from our thoughts and later be written more properly into the Suggestion/General Feedback forum areas or submitted to S8 in some more official fashion it was still important to express at the time.

This is our S8 Castle Story community, and whether folks prefer to identify as human beings or some manner of animalistic creature we're all in this together. ❤️

Have a wonderful time! 😊❤️

E... Eeedit!! :

Quote Originally Posted by SarahsStarryNight View Post
    Noooooo. Sending you an internet hug. Just trying to remind everyone that there are people working at storm 8 and people giving their time as forum contributors. People with feelings and emotions and families and stress and bills and extending a little grace is a wonderful thing for us all to remember to do. Myself included.
    Nothing to do with you.
    But seriously. Go browns!!!! For real.
    Here, here! 😊❤️

Hope your team does well! ❤️ Though Psst what if someone's a Chiefs (I googled 😂 ) fan?

Have fun cheering~ I just hope they all have fun and stay safe! ✨
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-17-21 at 08:59 AM.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    To RonjaR82's and Stormaurora42, I'm ok with your posts. As customers we should communicate when there are problems, and give info on how game play is affecting us. For this event in particular I think people (including me) may feel like all of the posts during the first week of the event haven't been heard and that further attempts to communicate needed to be described more fully.

And Sarahsstarrynight's post is ok too. . One thing I've learned from when I was an officer in several mmo guilds for years (since 1989 - and as a mom of a son with Autism) is that humans use I think it is about 90%? Non-verbal communication. When we are limited to text, that important component is left out, and it's easy for another to read text differently than it was intended.

One important difference I've noticed on the thread is the ability of almost all of the posts to try to communicate a problem without resorting to being hateful, calling people stupid, etc. I feel that it's reasonable to try to communicate a problem. Others may have an opinion different from mine. And I'm ok with that.

Rhino Keeper
    It was mostly the anger toward AnnirasSweets and the general weird vibe that was starting I was like oh no, what is happening??
    I'm not the morality police and don't want to be! I complain tooooo, and I will in the future when again I don't get the random drop from the adventure. Again. Haha.
    Here's to laughing and complaining and sharing and playing. 🍻 🍻 🍻
    I'm off to make lanterns for all these delicious expansion permits I bought.

Rhino Keeper
    First of all, I am SO thankful for all of you in this forum. Many events would be unfinished for me without your guidance and encouragement. Sadly, I think I will still be unable to finish this one. When the oxa timer changed, I had a day of hope. But even though I have Monday off, with more time to collect the larvae, that will be the shortfall for me. Back in the classroom on Tuesday, and no breaks for me until the afternoons, means very few collections. I collected every hour yesterday, and still fell short of crafting the second key. It’s just made me sad I guess my level 6 portal will find itself parked next to my level 6 piggy cottage

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I missed your reply Sarah. It was a super nice one. I'll repost it"............Noooooo. Sending you an internet hug. Just trying to remind everyone that there are people working at storm 8 and people giving their time as forum contributors. People with feelings and emotions and families and stress and bills and extending a little grace is a wonderful thing for us all to remember to do. Myself included. Nothing to do with you."

It's a very nice post. Thank you for helping us to see/remember this also.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    Maybe this has already been asked, I haven't read every single post in this thread - why can't we store or sell the two apotranus blooms? I don't really need or want them out any longer.
    I brought this up kinda like in the middle of this thread and then I read way back to earlier posts and this issue was being asked about way back then. So I guess we'll have to see what happens when this event is over. Right now I have my blooms tucked away in an inconspicuous area.

Edit: Teika , I agree. And I hope you finish. I remember your tenacity to hang in their even when things weren't looking too good. Trying to keep our spirits up.
    This forum may well be serving as a connection to others during lockdown. And some of us need that.
    Last edited by riverly; 01-17-21 at 09:28 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Well said! 🙌

Also to people who really don't care and don't want to be called or considered a member of a community, i'm still going to honor the seconds of your life spent playing and posting by respecting what's said. ❤️
    Even if I respond with my thoughts/feelings too 😂 (thinking of "Let me be happy?" of times past.)

Here's a mute button for anyone that wants it: 🎼 (* May not be compatible on all devices, musical note, player may not comply. )

Rhino Keeper
    I still need 20 Portalpillar Larvae for the last two Portal Keys however S8 should have stopped the tokens from dropping right now I have 236. I have crafted all the Portalpillars. They just take up unnecessary inventory space.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I brought this up kinda like in the middle of this thread and then I read way back to earlier posts and this issue was being asked about way back then. So I guess we'll have to see what happens when this event is over. Right now I have my blooms tucked away in an inconspicuous area.
    It's easily missed but tucked away in one of SgtBeebo's early posts is the phrase "We will also make it storable post-event." Hopefully Wednesday after the Event timer runs out everyone will be able to tuck and store it as they wish!
    I don't always feel like hunting down posts as proof or typing (mostly posting from phone) and sometimes simply don't see so sorry for not responding to this when brought up ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    Maybe this has already been asked, I haven't read every single post in this thread - why can't we store or sell the two apotranus blooms? I don't really need or want them out any longer.
    People have called it out but S8 hasn't fixed it yet so you're not alone.

Hard agree to what everyone is saying.

I think the complicated part is that this forum is directed at fellow players AND the S8 devs. When I post something particularly exasperated and frustrated, I'm probably trying to commiserate with my fellow players. When I post something a bit more toned down and constructive and perhaps even professional, I'm probably aiming at S8.

But I don't always address my posts and it's not always intended for one party alone. So it's a bit messy.

Finally, I will note that this event is a particularly frustrating event. I rarely complain or get stressed about events because I'm a high level player with tons of energy droppers and, frankly, a ludicrous amount of time to spare for this game. Even before being locked inside 100% of the time. So if the bad vibes are hitting everyone (low level/high level, little energy droppers/lots of energy droppers, can't get on during the day/can get on during the day), this forum is probably going to have a less balanced mix of positive/negative posts.

Edit: I guess I missed the acknowledgment it is being worked on and will be storable at the end of the event. Thanks for sharing!