Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimePass13 View Post
    I haven't been playing long, and this was the first event I felt I could actually finish. Even with the Gigantus issue Android had. But now I'm on Goal 9 (taming Oxas) and realize I'm actively shut out from the rest of it. I'm only level 22 (21 when I started the event). I can't make the Light Armor required. RIP prizes. >_<

Does that happen often? You're allowed to start and event you are incapable of finishing?
    My first event I was able to do I wasn't able to finish. I think most of the player base won't be able to finish this one.

Do you have any of these from which to gather? Recent events gave characters that can drop it like Coral the Octomaid, Prince Zahid, Philomena purple centaur, Kang the panda, Deep sea kelpie and Dutchess Winifred. If so you may even have a couple in your inventory. I think it may be possible to get from an adventure also. But, this is a really hard event. I really want to finish the portal more than anything and don't think I'll be able to.

Light armor from Inventory list
    Crafted: magic forge
    Found: Knights Hall, dragon, Adult Bijou Dragon, Adult Flare Dragon, Adult Matrix Dragon, Destrier, Rouncey, Horse Track, Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Faerie Dragon, Fire Fox, Troll training grounds, Armored Alicorn, Armored Manticore, Jousting Steed, Spring Dragon, Aquamarine Dragon (Baron's Tent), Dark Knight's Steed, Light Knight's Steed, Glimmer Dragon, Dark Onyx Dragon, Armored flyger, ghost knight, shattered wyvern, scorched wyvern, Mothraki Knight, Interpret the Knight (mystic card), Silver fae dragon, Tide Dragon, Plush Prince + Princess, Aquatic Dragon, Aquatic Wyvern, Dark Wyvern, Armor stand, Armored Lion, Sleeping Dragon, Dark Wolf, Armored Black Bear, Renata, Royal Siren, Armored Widow, Flying monkey, Bengal Tiger, Mushroom Fortress, Kitty Knight, Mantis, Glimmergras Dragon, Delsin, Iguana, Armored Lizard, Flight Lesson Dragon, Coral the Octomaid, Tropical Dragon, Armida, Prince Zahid, Sherbet Dragon, German Shepherd, Philomena, Kang, Deep Sea Kelpie, Duchess Winifred, Marquis, Martin
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 01-12-21 at 08:30 AM.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Timepass13, not to invalidate a feeling of unhappiness in not being able to finish the event, but you will level a lot faster than you expect. Events will get easier. This one is abnormally hard. I hit level 45 where it requires more items to finish an event in about 6 months. Resources feel like you never have enough but once you get higher, they start accumulating.

By the way, I just sent you a neighbor invite and hopped over for a visit. You are doing a lot better than I was at 23!
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 01-12-21 at 08:58 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    In 8 collections, I have always only had 1 petal drop but it is a guaranteed drop. In the remaining time of this event, you can collect sufficient petals even if you have not started yet. Main bottleneck would be portal ores from Oxa and to a lesser extent, depending on if you can hourly babysit the game, portalpillar larvae.
    Sorry. I don?t know how to post without quotes. I am on step 9. I?ve only gotten 1 hide from 4 attacks. What is the OXA. I haven?t made any. I never saw anything on crafting one. Please help.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tealbird81 View Post
    Sorry. I don?t know how to post without quotes. I am on step 9. I?ve only gotten 1 hide from 4 attacks. What is the OXA. I haven?t made any. I never saw anything on crafting one. Please help.
    Look at the page 1 of this thread, it gives all info on the goals in this event. You need to be at goal 10 to craft an oxa. 2 hides per oxa for crafting and 3 oxa max.
    Last edited by zoroak; 01-12-21 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tealbird81 View Post
    You need to make three of them, starting from goal 9 (copied from page 1, thanks SW!):

Goal 9:
    * Defeat the Portalpillar Gigantus (Visit the The Portal!) x1 | 12/12 hits to defeat - can drop multiple hides
    * Gather Portalpillar Hides (Defeat Portalpillar Gigantus!) x2
    * Visit a Hydronous Hollow (Hurry!) x1 | max of 2, 3 hour collection timer
    * Gather Hydronous Waters (Visit Hydronous Hollows!) x8 | not a guaranteed drop
    * Forge Oxa Saddles (Craft this in the Magic Forge!) x1
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp, +50 crowns

Goal 10:
    * Place the Cavus Cavern (Buy this from the Market!) x1
    * Tame Oxas (Tame in the Cavus Cavern!) x3
    * Upgrade the The Portal to Lv.6 (Use your upgrade supplies!)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp, +50 crowns

The oxas, super cute blue deer like creatures, drop portal ore to make portal keys. We need mountains of them, maths as per previous posts these last few pages.

Good luck, to you and all!

I am very very worried about finishing too if S8 keeps the oxas on a 4 hr timer. : ( I have two make and am collecting the special waters for the third saddle to make my third oxa; w my drop rates, won't have the last oxa until tomorrow morning. I already paid for the first pack and have the second bloom, so if I hadn't spent real world cash and gotten lucky w the bloom I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to finish. I still might not be able to.

There have been some great recommendations to compensate. The art is SOOOOOO good I would love to make a special section...with a completed portal please!!! S8, please please please make it possible for us to finish! Thank you! : )

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TimePass13 View Post
    I haven't been playing long, and this was the first event I felt I could actually finish. Even with the Gigantus issue Android had. But now I'm on Goal 9 (taming Oxas) and realize I'm actively shut out from the rest of it. I'm only level 22 (21 when I started the event). I can't make the Light Armor required. RIP prizes. >_<

Does that happen often? You're allowed to start and event you are incapable of finishing?
    It happens with all events with this template. Pandas and Pigs events had the same exact issue.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Inventory Information

The Portal (Level 15+) (2x2) limit x Can/not be sold
    This item was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: description
    Collection time: 1 hour
    Speed up: x gems
    Drops: during event it can drop portalpillar coins
    Cost: x coin / x gems to purchase
    Build/Level 1: no build required
    Level 2: 1 Celestial Rune
    Level 3: 1 portal beam, 40 wood, 20 sap
    Level 4: 2 portal beam, 3 portal block, 35 sap
    Level 5: 3 portal beam, 5 portal block, 3 portal rope
    Level 6: 4 portal beam, 6 portal block, 4 portal rope
    Level 7: 6 portal beam, 8 portal block, 6 portal rope, 6 portal key
    Higher level only needs 6 portal blocks. I now have 2 extra blocks EDIT: I MADE A MISTAKE. I'm sorry for any confusion. 8 blocks are needed indeed.
    Last edited by Melany77; 01-12-21 at 12:31 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I've been doing the math constantly and don't think i will make it. I've got plenty of energy (already made all the beams and blocks and ropes-just waiting on 6 petals). I have even set timers the past 2 nights for the hydronous hollows. I started the event the minute it started. Got 2 free bulbs so have had every advantage (besides drop rates). With my typical 1 drop from 2 hollows, I finish crafting the 3rd Oxa in 11 hours. 15 hours before my first collection from all three Oxa. This is the middle of the night and I just can't set 2 am alarms anymore. That's just over 7 days to get all the ore (currently have 8) and larvae.

Also, I have the ability to login throughout the day whenever I need to. There's no way Players who can't login constantly will finish.

If the larvae drop rate is 50%, I would literally need to log in every hour of everyday PLUS none of us are factoring in CRAFTING times.

We need to subtract a minimum of 3 hours from the regular end time to craft the last portal key and do the final upgrade (3 because you need to complete the craft, then upgrade, 2 hours wouldn't be enough). Players without extra energy sources may still be crafting the last of their beams, blocks and ropes and might need even more time after the last collections.

I won't be able to report spawn and drop rates until tomorrow. My 1 Oxa has given 1 ore every collection. I didn't pay attention the 2 times I collected from both Oxa.

The 4 hour Oxa collection time doesn't sense.
    I share your view. I am only just now crafting the 2nd saddle and so not even started crafting my 2nd Oxa. I have never been unable to finish an event particularly as I have plenty of energy and am able to log in to my game multiple times a day.

Please can S8 look at the the numbers and timings and make a change which doesn?t involve people having to spend actual money. Reducing the amount of materials required and/or reducing the oxa collection time would be great. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    So the maths is:
    You can craft 1 Portal Key a day.
    So 6 days in total.
    (maximum collections)

6 collections from 3 Oxa gives 18 Portal Ore.
    And 14 visits to The Portal on the hour.
    (droprates are 100%)

That said we all need sleep. haha
    Reducing down to 4 Oxa collections a day ...
    (1 miss for sleep , 1 miss for life stuff)
    ... it blows out to 9 days!!!
    Less than the time we have left.

Storm8, this is a LOT of pressure to put on players.

On top of all the bugs (tech wise, not the Portalpillars ) respite is needed.

Is an easy fix to award all players the Planomos Pine?

The world is an increasingly intense place these days , let?s keep the good vibes flowing here at CS.
    I could not finish the disastrous pig event due to drops. Some changes were made for the Panda event and I finished that one. The Panda event also was during summer when I don't work so I could collect more.

I should not feel with eight days left that I have spent the last week playing this quest and most likely won't finish. Eight days should be plenty when you are already on step 10 of 12. Needing 18 ores per key is just plan NUTS when you only get one ore per Oxa every four hours. I just placed my second Oxa this morning and have two ores. Like I said this is NUTS. Frankly a two hour timer on the Oxa won't help me because I can't log in every two hours when I'm at work. We need the Oxa to drop more than one ore each time. The fact that the larvae won't drop each time either is just plain crazy/stupid. I also can't check the portal hourly. I work and no one should have to set alarms at night to collect. I don't and won't. I need a good nights sleep in order to properly navigate what ever version of schooling is happening.

I need to remember that if it isn't summer I need to skip events like this. I'm still trying but it is not looking good.

I did get the extra bloom and I do like the artwork. However, S8 please make some more changes.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Look at the page 1 of this thread, it gives all info on the goals in this event. You need to be at goal 10 to craft an oxa. 2 hides per oxa for crafting and 3 oxa max.

Thanks so much.