Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 723

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

  1. #391
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I... Dialogue Excerpt from Goal 11, after being told we just need one more thing (larvae to make the portal keys ) :

    Ruler: "Well, you never said it was going to be easy. "
    Old Thomas: "I did not." "  "
    If I remember correctly this same or similar dialogue was in the Kung Fu event as well. When it was first read it looked like it might have been in response to complaints from the forum, so people were upset. S8 assured us this was not the case.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

  2. #392
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    536
    I still have 7 hydronous waters to collect to make my 3rd saddle. Hope I make it.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

  3. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I still have 7 hydronous waters to collect to make my 3rd saddle. Hope I make it.
    I haven't even managed to collect enough hydronous waters to make the 1st saddle.

  4. #394
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    Now that I am crafting my third Oxa, is there any need for Hydronous Hollow?
    I put my 2 away.

  5. #395
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    197
    I got 1 oxa and 2 more saddles to go .....I have been playing fairly regularly and logging in when ever possible. A game can’t be demanding you to be online every hour or not able to finish the event. It is ridiculously testing. I started as soon as the event started and didn’t leg back due to any bugs as I am on iOS.

    All calculations are showing that I can’t complete unless I wake up at the middle of the night to collect or spend $$. Or am I missing something?

  6. #396
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Was kinda hoping a fix would?ve been implemented by the time I woke.

    Storm8 you NEED to fix the event!!

    My quickfix easy suggestion of giving all players the Planomos Pine will only work if it is gifted ASAP.
    Otherwise the Oxa collection time or drop rate needs to be altered, also ASAP.

    Please fix soon!
    Thanks!



    Also it seems like a lot of players bought the pack with the 10 Expansion Permits ...
    DON?T equate the money spent on this to a successful event.
    It didn?t help at all with the event, but was a great EP saving - hence why a lot of players got it.
    I was expecting more from S8 as well...
    How come they made such a big change from the Panda event? (oxa timers being 4 hours instead of 2) Did the Panda event turn out to easy?
    I thought they were trying to make this type of event better, but this is just a mess.
    Where is the team? Where is any compensation? Is this it?
    I'm really disappointed

  7. #397
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    375
    I'm just crafting my third oxa saddle. Used gems for the last water.
    The timer on the saddle is an hour and a half.

  8. #398
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    375
    Get this.
    I had 7 hydronous water.
    Picked up from the hollow after hurrying it up with gems. I checked the drop, it was one hydronous water.
    Started the craft on the saddle.
    And now I have one water left. ?????

  9. #399
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    If I remember correctly this same or similar dialogue was in the Kung Fu event as well. When it was first read it looked like it might have been in response to complaints from the forum, so people were upset. S8 assured us this was not the case.
    Thanks ladlasse! I did remind myself it's just the story and of course written in advance. When i'm relieved at reaching the next goal and looking forward to the next "reward" of story progression it does feel a little hardy har har. ❤️

    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I was expecting more from S8 as well...
    How come they made such a big change from the Panda event? (oxa timers being 4 hours instead of 2) Did the Panda event turn out to easy?
    I thought they were trying to make this type of event better, but this is just a mess.
    Where is the team? Where is any compensation? Is this it?
    I'm really disappointed
    It just looks to me like it was *meant* to stretch 'til the last day, maaaybe one day wiggle room, since we haven't had word on the 4 hour timer (really, was it supposed to be 4 hour crafting time which would be annoying but slow us down "reasonably", or did they actually intend to change it to a 4 hour collection timer which literally DOUBLES that last stretch?)

    An early post said they'll continue to consider any feedback from this Event for the future, so I had really started to wonder a few days back if they're waiting to see if everyone shifts tone after finishing and goes "Oh that wasn't that bad 😊 " "guys relax it took a lot of time but was doable if you -" and "this type of event isn't for anyone, just accept-" instead of "Omgg I made it 😫 Never again please" echoing still. Sorry to unload this little "we haven't heard therefore" conspiracy because barring life circumstance someone should be checking in since we all know just overcoming the first bugs/hurdles players alert to isn't enough.
    Unless... it's as intended, they're busy elsewhere so left this for now and they're awaiting feedback for the next iteration?

    I hope you find loads of happiness from what we are able to accomplish in-game and that at least sharing comraderie means it doesn't affect your mood too much. 😥❤️
    (I know this is the Game forum so we're sharing Game angst, but I am guilty of letting it affect me too 😂❤️ )

    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    So, yee-ah, I've started referring to this event type in my head as the triple threat:
    3 types of critters to slay/craft (portalpillars)
    3 layers of limiting factors (bloom, bulb, oxa)
    3 penultimate characters to craft (oxas; past: piggies, red pandas)

    And over 3 times the usual # of pages on the event thread by this time in an event.

    Encouraging all who are still having fun to keep going!!! We are not alone, may the force be with you, to seek out new worlds, nanu nanu.
    Thank you! ❤️

    This is a good way to look at it, in my opinion, and definitely makes it feel like yep this event designed to pose a challenge (even for those with energy stockpile because it ALSO requires frequent check-ins, even for those who purchase Value Packs because they only get you to the next hurdle, for pretty much everyone except those with loads of time/patience and those willing to expensively gem and spend ahead) was left like this on purpose. Doable, but not for everyone, and only just. 😕


    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Was kinda hoping a fix would?ve been implemented by the time I woke.

    Storm8 you NEED to fix the event!!

    My quickfix easy suggestion of giving all players the Planomos Pine will only work if it is gifted ASAP.
    Otherwise the Oxa collection time or drop rate needs to be altered, also ASAP.

    Please fix soon!
    Thanks!



    Also it seems like a lot of players bought the pack with the 10 Expansion Permits ...
    DON?T equate the money spent on this to a successful event.
    It didn?t help at all with the event, but was a great EP saving - hence why a lot of players got it.
    I usually try to make it quite clear why i've invested real $ in a Value Pack or Gems or whatever else, hopefully that feedback when shared is considered by the marketing team.

    Allow me to expand on your point. 😊❤️

    Without the lure of 10 Expansion Permits, I would not have purchased any Value Packs at all. 😊
    As is, I went full ham. ❤️

    I actually did consider how it would look if this event was a "big money maker" but I hope they realize and see that was BECAUSE of, as you mentioned, the Awesome deal in the Value Pack!
    (Anyone on the fence who may not have considered it because the Event item spread wasn't that great was likely swayed by that as well- at least one player posted in forum that the 10!! Expansion Permits were the deciding factor.)
    I'm not trying to speak for everyone of course, just sharing again what i've seen of the conversation to reiterate the points we've made.
    The fact that the deal is infrequent also makes it enticing, and overruled my "vote with your $" itch because I was voting and sharing simply that great value. I would have purchased it without the event items too as the fact that multiple purchases just boosted me barely to the next hurdle was a little ridiculous. Unfortunate that it's tied to such a Triple Threat event!

    If they want to see the real why and have it numerically proven for their financial consideration, simply offer that same deal (Lower-price package holds 10 Expansion Permits) in a different kind of Event in a few months or at the same time next year and then DON'T !! offer it next time we see a Triple Threat event type (but keep the Event items the same). 🙃
    Tying a package only to a specific event type really skews their data.


    Everyone's getting my early morning rambles so i'll back away from my phone keyboard slowly now.

    Have a wonderful day, all. ❤️

  10. #400
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    599
    🤓 On second thought. Financial decoupling of the value pack with this event type may work OVER TIME to show why people spend the way they do *assuming people haven't started refusing (Edit: "b*O*yc**ing" showed up bleeped out so changed my word choice) spending or suffer from wallet exhaustion and dissatisfaction with/leaving the game or other real life factors like pandemic, recession, changing priorities, etc . But it WOULD help over time because it would break that "hey they like this look at our spending during this event type vs - " No no no during this VALUE pack not just event type! Some people may still be willing to spend to get ahead or finish of course, but they'd be spending on easy and hard events at will anyway, so it would at least remove that extra deciding factor that encourages spending by those who wouldn't normally spend from this event type. I'm sure they do consider these factors but ONLY offering this Value Pack during this new trial-by-fire event type seems like a potential oversight (unless it's meant to encourage spending and soothe our crankiness ? Make us happy to see another Piggy/Panda/Portalworm event because ooo Value Pack? )
    So meanwhile relying on us literally stating why we're spending, or not spending, as some of us have have done should help.
    ... Come to think of it, does Support have a financial investment feedback sector? 😂

    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    Get this.
    I had 7 hydronous water.
    Picked up from the hollow after hurrying it up with gems. I checked the drop, it was one hydronous water.
    Started the craft on the saddle.
    And now I have one water left. ?????
    Oh nooo not a horrible rollback. I'm so sorry it affected your Event play! 😥

    These Desynching issues are sometimes helped by making sure you frequently force-close and restart the game, and allow your game to synch before you resume gameplay, but sometimes it's just not our fault and happens despite all precautions!
    ( Like when they add an early Monday Doorbuster [I usually reload around standard event-start time on Mondays and am fine, but the doorbuster banner for the Ice dragon caused a reset in my game last Monday because I was actively playing when it happened early] or make some other change that goes live with a bang, and the game decides woops you need to see it *now*, grumble grumble. )

    Might try reaching out to support since you spent Gems and had a rollback? Not sure if anything can be done or would be before event's end but might be worth a shot.

    Good luck. 😥❤️





    Edit: Also, I do appreciate that maybe that Monday Doorbuster banner pushed ahead because it's a limited time sale and sometimes people miss them if they don't reload their game, but the Cool new exciting banner for a limited time sale that turns out to be a normal dragon's drops in a pretty event reward skin is not a coding change or event reward that should push ahead imo 😂
    I'm not asking for a change there as i'm sure someone appreciated the interrupting notice heads-up, I just wish its appearance hadn't caused a rollback. 😊
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 01-13-21 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automatically censored word looked like it was an intentional self-bleeped curse so I changed word choice to preserve meaning of my sentence.

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •