Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by purrdue5 View Post
    I read that we know have two places where we can now get the portal pillar gigantism after goal ll. However my portal is still only giving 1 and twice ive tried the oxas with no gigantism. Is anyone else having the problem or is it super rare.
    Portal is a guaranteed hourly spawn and the Oxa are random spawn(rare) every 4 hours. But I guess every little bit helps.
    I keep hoping for multiple drops of ore, but I guess S8 is firm on that.

I think it will come down to how much money players are willing to spend.
    And since people aren't spending as much on other entertainment, such as eating out or movies or clubs..... that may be their marketing ploy.
    Last edited by riverly; 01-14-21 at 08:01 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Since I already have purchased the value pack 3 times I think that is enough money for 1 story. Save some for another one.

Farm Supplier
    Is this back to the original pig event structure? That was only event I did not complete, even though I barely slept while the event was active due to a minor surgical procedure at the time. These portal keys are equivalent to roll of fur from that event that I could not craft in time to complete the final level of the piggy cottage. I have all 3 oxas crafted and am nearly able to craft the first portal key, but I'm not sure that I can get enough portal ore to make 5 more of them before the event end.

I did not get the free second bloom, but I recognized how much of a bottleneck it would be for me so bought another for 65 gems (had to purchase gems to do this). 500 gems for the planomos pine is too much to get more portal ores though.

I think the only real difference from the first pig event is that we can start collecting the portal ores from oxas immediately after crafting, instead of waiting to reach that step. However, because of the 4 hour time, this only gives you a handful before all 3 are crafted and doesn't make enough of a difference. I'm on iOS and did not know about the Android issues at first, but those people are especially hosed.

I try not to complain about this stuff because it usually does work itself out, but the adjustments they made after the panda event to this event template have effectively reverted it back to the pig event. That one was deemed a failure (SgtBeebo said that) and this one will be too if changes aren't made.

My suggestions are: We either need to be able to continue to craft more oxas to make it easier to gather the portal ore, or the portal ore drop rate needs to be increased from a guaranteed 1 up to 1-3 per collection with the existing 3 oxas. Less important, but I think we should also be able to start collecting the larvae for the portal key earlier too (not from the beginning, but earlier). Others have made these suggestions (and a few others, such as giving a pine to everyone), and I want to add my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ajohn2508 View Post
    I gave up and gem skipped my last three portal keys to get Pavo. Mr. P is a daily energy dropper.
    That's disappointing! I would think that with the intensity of this event they would give us a weekly 40 energy dropper.

But I'm happy the level 7 portal may drop trade or expansion tickets.

Rhino Keeper
    It’s pretty clear now that even as a strong level fifty I cannot complete this without spending gems.I have noticed that many of my neighbours have already given up.Being on full Lockdown logging in is not a problem but the four hour Oxa wait is a true Quest ****er.I love Castle Story and always have so it’s such a shame that I can’t complete the quests without spending real money.
    Many moons ago you could visit Stormie to see the task completed-It was inspiring!PLUS it proved the task was achievable as a real person had completed the task.Not so any more alas.
    And I do support the game when I can-But I can’t spend money on every quest just to finish it.And I know many others are in the same position.
    Here’s hoping the power of this Forum brings a solution for us all!
    I really hope the talented developers help us all out here,there have been so many creative suggestions to make this doable.
    This forum has always been my Go To place for Info and I thank you all so much on here!

Executive Chef
    Gosh there is really something not right about this event. I’m a long time player and haven’t not finished an event in many years, despite not being able to play the game 8-4 each weekday. I usually finish a 2-weekly event in just over a week, without spending gems. This time round I got my 3rd oxa yesterday and today I’ve got 13 larvae and 15 portal ore. Not even enough for 1 key yet. With 6 more days to go I probably am fine for larvae but ore... even 5 collections a day only gets you 15 ore each day but I can only do 3 or 4 collections so am way off.

Either the timer should be 2 hours or the drops should be random between 1-3 to give us somewhat of a chance.

Rhino Keeper
    But we still have a week, and if you only needed to buy 3 Portal Key's you're probably further ahead than anyone.
    But thanks for the info! Does he look good? (I hoped he would be a weekly, considering all the trouble/timers we have to go though to get him)[/QUOTE]

Not going to lie I also spent a good portion of yesterday gem skipping the portal to get the gigantic spawn because my Oxas stopped spawning it completely (the previous day my oxa were spawning one every single time I collected) and I bought a value pack for the ore to make my third key, then my kid got sent home for a ten day COVID quarantine so I skipped to finish since I will now have zero extra time to check my game and be able to finish without gems/money. I also thought Pavo would be a weekly, which I need more of, instead of low dailies.

Sad day.

Hopefully everyone can finish without having to follow my foot steps!

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohn2508 View Post
    But we still have a week, and if you only needed to buy 3 Portal Key's you're probably further ahead than anyone.
    But thanks for the info! Does he look good? (I hoped he would be a weekly, considering all the trouble/timers we have to go though to get him)

Not going to lie I also spent a good portion of yesterday gem skipping the portal to get the gigantic spawn because my Oxas stopped spawning it completely (the previous day my oxa were spawning one every single time I collected) and I bought a value pack for the ore to make my third key, then my kid got sent home for a ten day COVID quarantine so I skipped to finish since I will now have zero extra time to check my game and be able to finish without gems/money. I also thought Pavo would be a weekly, which I need more of, instead of low dailies.

Sad day.

Hopefully everyone can finish without having to follow my foot steps!
    Wow I hope your family will be ok and that your son doesn't have covid.

With the event, has anyone seen a report of a confirmation on what type of energy dropper he is? I think we've speculated but I may have missed the confirmation. It may still be a weekly.

I'm hoping more people can complete the event too.

Rhino Keeper
    I might be able to finish the event, but I might not. We will see. I am not one who spends money on the game, but that?s just my style of play. That being said, I make my gems using my buninja supplies and my chef gnome. Yes, that is slow going most times, but my supply of gems slowly increase. I usually do not spend my gems on main story lines because the story line will be there waiting for me. I also do not like using my gems on the events because events end and the object I would have spent them on is pretty much useless. I rarely like to speed up my crafting or anything because usually I can be patient and wait for the normal timer to expire. All that being said, I was not able to do much logging in at the beginning of the event, so I did break down and use my some of my hoard (small though it is due to gem traps) to buy the bloom because I eventually saw that there was no way I had a chance to complete the event otherwise. Yes, I am resorting to timers to make sure I don?t miss an oxa collection, but I have my fingers crossed that I will finish in time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    Wow I hope your family will be ok and that your son doesn't have covid.

With the event, has anyone seen a report of a confirmation on what type of energy dropper he is? I think we've speculated but I may have missed the confirmation. It may still be a weekly.

I'm hoping more people can complete the event too.

Thanks! We’re going for testing as soon as possible and just praying for no symptoms and negative results!
    Pavo is a confirmed daily energy dropper :-)