Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    I just got 2 water from one of my hollows. I haven’t seen anyone else report multiple drops.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I just got 2 water from one of my hollows. I haven’t seen anyone else report multiple drops.
    Stymie mentioned this very early on this thread. I think I have even received 3 water but this is very rare.

Unfortunately bottleneck here is the portal ores. Always 1 ore dropping from the 4h (should be 2h!) Oxa...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I've used my lunch hour for a few back-of-the-envelope calculations. The more I think about this, the angrier I get.

First, the Portalpillar Larvae: We need a total of 84. By the time I'll be able to start collecting larvae, I'll have approximately 8 days left in the event (given my time zone). That will mean I'll have to collect 10-11 times per day, which is doable given the 1-hour timer of the Portal but absolutely crazy given my real life obligations like work.

Even worse, the Portal Ore: If the drop rate of 75% is correct, that's 48 collections from all three Oxas. If I am able to collect 5 times a day (only possible with timers and if I start at 7 am and collect every four hours until 11 pm), I would need more than 9 days to collect all the Ore required for high level players. That's more than is currently left in the event, and I haven't even finished crafting my first Oxa yet due to the hold-up for players on Android devices.
    Now let's suppose the drop rate is 100%, so each collection from an Oxa yields one Portal Ore. That's still 36 rounds of collection in total, which translates to a little over 7 days if I manage 5 collections per day. That would be close but possible. However, it is doubtful I'll be able to collect 5 times a day, particularly during the weekend when I generally don't get up at 7 am.

Unless someone is about to tell me that sometimes more than one Ore drops per collection or that there's some other vital piece of information I have missed (in which case I apologize!), I don't see how this event can be finished on time for the vast majority of players. I'm about as far in the game as I could be given that I play on Android. I've had decent drop rates so far and energy is not an issue for me. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm thinking that if I'm unable to finish without spending gems, a substantial number of other players will be in the same situation. I understand making events somewhat challenging, but this is ridiculous.
    Yeah, I did the same maths. Even as an iOS player without technical problems it?s not doable unless you never sleep.
    The value pack gives us 18 Oxa-ore but zero larvae. So why bother?
    Kingdom: Peroldrado
    (Gem confirmation button please)

Executive Chef
    I've been doing the math constantly and don't think i will make it. I've got plenty of energy (already made all the beams and blocks and ropes-just waiting on 6 petals). I have even set timers the past 2 nights for the hydronous hollows. I started the event the minute it started. Got 2 free bulbs so have had every advantage (besides drop rates). With my typical 1 drop from 2 hollows, I finish crafting the 3rd Oxa in 11 hours. 15 hours before my first collection from all three Oxa. This is the middle of the night and I just can't set 2 am alarms anymore. That's just over 7 days to get all the ore (currently have 8) and larvae.

Also, I have the ability to login throughout the day whenever I need to. There's no way Players who can't login constantly will finish.

If the larvae drop rate is 50%, I would literally need to log in every hour of everyday PLUS none of us are factoring in CRAFTING times.

We need to subtract a minimum of 3 hours from the regular end time to craft the last portal key and do the final upgrade (3 because you need to complete the craft, then upgrade, 2 hours wouldn't be enough). Players without extra energy sources may still be crafting the last of their beams, blocks and ropes and might need even more time after the last collections.

I won't be able to report spawn and drop rates until tomorrow. My 1 Oxa has given 1 ore every collection. I didn't pay attention the 2 times I collected from both Oxa.

The 4 hour Oxa collection time doesn't sense.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 01-12-21 at 06:59 AM.

I haven't been playing long, and this was the first event I felt I could actually finish. Even with the Gigantus issue Android had. But now I'm on Goal 9 (taming Oxas) and realize I'm actively shut out from the rest of it. I'm only level 22 (21 when I started the event). I can't make the Light Armor required. RIP prizes. >_<

Does that happen often? You're allowed to start and event you are incapable of finishing?

Executive Chef
    So the maths is:
    You can craft 1 Portal Key a day.
    So 6 days in total.
    (maximum collections)

6 collections from 3 Oxa gives 18 Portal Ore.
    And 14 visits to The Portal on the hour.
    (droprates are 100%)

That said we all need sleep. haha
    Reducing down to 4 Oxa collections a day ...
    (1 miss for sleep , 1 miss for life stuff)
    ... it blows out to 9 days!!!
    Less than the time we have left.

Storm8, this is a LOT of pressure to put on players.

On top of all the bugs (tech wise, not the Portalpillars ) respite is needed.

Is an easy fix to award all players the Planomos Pine?

The world is an increasingly intense place these days , let’s keep the good vibes flowing here at CS.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TimePass13 View Post
    I haven't been playing long, and this was the first event I felt I could actually finish. Even with the Gigantus issue Android had. But now I'm on Goal 9 (taming Oxas) and realize I'm actively shut out from the rest of it. I'm only level 22 (21 when I started the event). I can't make the Light Armor required. RIP prizes. >_<

Does that happen often? You're allowed to start and event you are incapable of finishing?
    Yes. This happened to me for years. I feel you!! Events are hard until you have energy droppers, gold nugget suppliers, and other various resource droppers-IMO. I would start events constantly and not have the mithril, gold nuggets, feasts, energy, etc etc etc. it gets easier as you go along in the game and collect the things that drop needed items.

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone know if the binary bulb ever drops two petals?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl77 View Post
    Does anyone know if the binary bulb ever drops two petals?
    In 8 collections, I have always only had 1 petal drop but it is a guaranteed drop. In the remaining time of this event, you can collect sufficient petals even if you have not started yet. Main bottleneck would be portal ores from Oxa and to a lesser extent, depending on if you can hourly babysit the game, portalpillar larvae.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TimePass13 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SarahsStarryNight View Post
    Yes. This happened to me for years. I feel you!! Events are hard until you have energy droppers, gold nugget suppliers, and other various resource droppers-IMO. I would start events constantly and not have the mithril, gold nuggets, feasts, energy, etc etc etc. it gets easier as you go along in the game and collect the things that drop needed items.
    I think if you are able to begin an event, it should be possible for you to finish it as well.
    I think the issue of the Light Armor is overlooked.
    It's one thing if you just don't have the required items/ energy etc. , but it's totally different if you are unable to make the required item.
    They should have changed the requirements (Light Armor) OR change the required level to begin the event.
    Spiritwind, do you know more about this/ can you do something about this?