Thread: Game suggestion: Let us sell or trade useless stuff

Rhino Keeper

Game suggestion: Let us sell or trade useless stuff

I feel like i've posted this before but couldn't find the thread....

I wish we could sell old decor items and useless buildings that haven't been upgraded. Even if it's for 1 coin or heck i'd take no coins.

Or, maybe allowing a custom item in the Royal Exchange that lets us trade old inventory? (Parchment ghosts, spooky papers, gummy worms, etc).

Farm Supplier
    I agree. Give us a possibility to clean up our inventory, please!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maz3girl View Post
    I feel like i've posted this before but couldn't find the thread....

I wish we could sell old decor items and useless buildings that haven't been upgraded. Even if it's for 1 coin or heck i'd take no coins.

Or, maybe allowing a custom item in the Royal Exchange that lets us trade old inventory? (Parchment ghosts, spooky papers, gummy worms, etc).
    Its about 4 or 5 posts above this one

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyfork1 View Post
    Its about 4 or 5 posts above this one
    lol Thanks. I see nothing changes, I found my last post and it was over 2 years ago. I took a hiatus from playing the game because I was frustrated over the lack of coins and ability to progress in some of the storylines but i'm back because any distraction from real life right now is welcome.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maz3girl View Post
    lol Thanks. I see nothing changes, I found my last post and it was over 2 years ago. I took a hiatus from playing the game because I was frustrated over the lack of coins and ability to progress in some of the storylines but i'm back because any distraction from real life right now is welcome.
    I took a break for several years and only played Farm Story but am now back playing both games. I too would also appreciate a way to clear out old inventory items. It would make it easier to scroll through, but at least items are categorized. On Farm Story they are not and it?s very time consuming to scroll through looking for specific items.

Good idea ��
    I had recently decided to play Castle Story again...
    I had been stopped in February 2018, when I had done everything, quests, expansions, inventory items maximum filled, en back then there where no new updates, zo I got very bored.
    But I did keep checking this Forum, and when I saw a lot of new quests, and enormously Expansion possibilities.....
    I couldn’t resist anymore.... I am back in the GAME!

But like you said, there are lots of event items that we never are gone Use, and event buildings that I didn’t finish on time.
    Would absolutely being nice to give us a choice.... keep item/delete item/Sell Item for Free/ or maybe.... a option to send Items to Archive.... out of side but still in the game, for players who wanna collecting items.

Gamer-ID eva178

• Game - Castle Story - Level 50

Fashion Designer

Lightbulb Idea: using monster hunt interface to get rid of items

The idea I came up with was using the "Monster Hunt/Leaderboard" interface. No prizes, no points, no money ... just turn stuff in. Even if it's just 3 specific items, even if it's just the excess from a single event ... it would be a start.

ONE TIME Storm8 removed event items from our inventory - and a "Collector" in the forum went ape. Collectors want to keep one of every item when they can. God knows how many pages their bank has, I have 600 and I dislike it, lol.

Some changes we wish for won't happen. If Storm8/Team Lava could "easily" have fixed the bank tabs, they'd have done it years ago. And at this point 5000+ items would need to be flagged.

Software changes are labor-intensive and require extensive testing to make sure they don't break other functions. Even in weekly events mistakes can happen, and I presume that's just a plug-and-play module. Imagine how much more massive issues a program change could cause. I speculate that getting big changes is unlikely.

Deleting from the bank is likely the same. Heck, I'd pay GEMS for the privilege of deleting stuff in my bank, lol.

But in the here and now, my idea of using an existing game interface might work. No software changes, no coding, not even new art - just plug and play.

Hear my prayer, I beseech thee, oh Storm8!! :-)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    The idea I came up with was using the "Monster Hunt/Leaderboard" interface. No prizes, no points, no money ... just turn stuff in. Even if it's just 3 specific items, even if it's just the excess from a single event ... it would be a start.

ONE TIME Storm8 removed event items from our inventory - and a "Collector" in the forum went ape. Collectors want to keep one of every item when they can. God knows how many pages their bank has, I have 600 and I dislike it, lol.

Some changes we wish for won't happen. If Storm8/Team Lava could "easily" have fixed the bank tabs, they'd have done it years ago. And at this point 5000+ items would need to be flagged.

Software changes are labor-intensive and require extensive testing to make sure they don't break other functions. Even in weekly events mistakes can happen, and I presume that's just a plug-and-play module. Imagine how much more massive issues a program change could cause. I speculate that getting big changes is unlikely.

Deleting from the bank is likely the same. Heck, I'd pay GEMS for the privilege of deleting stuff in my bank, lol.

But in the here and now, my idea of using an existing game interface might work. No software changes, no coding, not even new art - just plug and play.

Hear my prayer, I beseech thee, oh Storm8!! :-)
    Great idea. I don?t think it would too much effort in coding like you said. Just copy/paste and substitute the old event item as the desired object. The action part of the code though would remain the same.

So if they would just do that and get rid of the overhead yellow arrows, watering cans, coins, and brown bags I would be ecstatic!