Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Begging, begging, begging for new land!!!

Rhino Keeper
    I don?t have a land issue currently, but I do wish they?d slow down a little bit. Maybe do some re-releases or something. Every week we get bombarded with so many different things that require so much attention.

When I first started, I remember freely breeding for certain dragons I wanted but I can?t do that anymore. I have to breed for bingo, or for the dragon required in the event, or something else. For once I?d like to have some time to breed the dragons I want instead of keeping up with expiring dragons.

New Resident
    I couldn't agree more with all the above posts. I contacted S8 last week about exactly this topic, and I received a flippant reply that 'your ticket(query ) is closed because we don't give advice on how to play the game. Contact the forum.' So here I am on the forum seeing that many others have the same issue with the lack of expansion ability and no solution either. Expanding your dragon island has nothing to do with knowledge on game playing, it has to do with S8 caring enough about long standing players to give them more space to expand into.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by alienturtle View Post
    I couldn't agree more with all the above posts. I contacted S8 last week about exactly this topic, and I received a flippant reply that 'your ticket(query ) is closed because we don't give advice on how to play the game. Contact the forum.' So here I am on the forum seeing that many others have the same issue with the lack of expansion ability and no solution either. Expanding your dragon island has nothing to do with knowledge on game playing, it has to do with S8 caring enough about long standing players to give them more space to expand into.
    Except...spending $$ to replace habitats that have already been bought. We have to spend $$ to buy gold to replace the habitats! NOT GOOD - I’m done playing!
    S8 doesn’t seem to care anymore!

Nightclub Owner
    Darn it; if I could store or sell the Noble Crystal I'd have room for one more habitat

ETA: Actually it would also be awesome if we could move it to the Arctic Isles!
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    So every time there's a new event I make a list of the new dragons that are issued. Take a look at what we are facing today alone in the first of three events for February:

Adorable
    Gildheart
    Dawnlight
    Blitz
    Bold
    Millenium
    Ballroom
    Crystal Charm

8 new dragons in one day! Where the heck are we supposed to put them?? The lack of land is so brutal! I wish so much that they would stop creating so many new dragons, events and habitats and focus on expanding land!!!!!
    With the current format, in order to complete the event, you have to have out the following:
    Tales - 4 dragons (common, chap 2, chap 7, final to get the extra items for crafting tickets/boosts). If you want the special crafting dragon, that's 5
    Leaderboard - 1
    Community - 1

With the old format of Tales-Community-Leaderboard most months you would only need 6-7 (6 must, 7 if you get the craft dragon) (10 must, 12 if you get both the craft dragons) spaces for dragons for the entire month. 10-12 on the rare ocassion you get two Tales in one month (that was maybe twice a year).

With the current format of Tales-Leaderboard-Tales-Leaderboard-Tales-Community-Leaderboard you need 10-12 slots every month.

I used to be able to exchange 3 3-dragon habitats for 3 5-dragon habitats in a month and fit everyone (9 from the original habitats and 6 new ones since I almost always have the craft dragon, I use that item to get the 10X speed boost). I could at least keep up with room for everyone in the game but I don't get enough gold in a month to get all 4 habitats every month. Getting the 4th one once in a while kept me ahead of the game (about once a quarter I can get the 4th habitat).

Now, if I get 3 5-dragon habitats and move the 9 over, that leaves me with 6 slots to put 10 dragons....and with how long it is taking me to clear land, it's becoming a shuffle game.

It costs gold to increase the capacity of my dragon stable (at 40 right now), it costs gold to buy 5 dragon habitats....I'm not made of money...

I do not have any marble producing dragons (let alone the cost, where's the room?) so I craft one key per day when I'm not crafting something else - that's 30 per month TOPS if I someone get to craft one every day, which I don't so more like 20 per month and it takes 55 to clear land where I'm at now.

I do not spend nearly as much money on the game since my budget is not unlimited but I have spent money on the game but the game developers seem to not appreciate higher level players since it is only getting harder and harder to get things without money. I think it is still good for lower level players and quite honestly, if you are clearing land with maps, marble keys, and island parts, it probably isn't that bad. I guess it's just a young man's game, which will play me out sooner rather than later.

Rhino Keeper
    What they need to do is every other month recycle old dragons into events. That would benefit new players, but slow the land squeeze a bit for old ones. If someone wants to compete they still can. I think the new land issue is that it would make the game bog down more memory wise. Otherwise there is no reason to not give more land.

Executive Chef
    I have been on a one-year hiatus in 2020, when Covid-19 came ★

Started to play again cos I am bored working from home ★

All I can say is there is no land increase, habitats are still stuck at 3, some 4. But only a limited are 5-habitats ★

Could we have the option to sell our buildings such as “Evolution Temples” and “Noble Crystal” - these take up our lands, and we don’t have lands ★

Also I cannot visit my Arctic lands - anyone able to advise? ★ Thank you ★
    Last edited by Den8137259; 02-21-21 at 08:59 PM.
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    My golly me, how little we seem to remember it seems!

We begged, pleaded for over 2 years with no answer from the mods! It is all about control or have we all forgotten this.

I for one used to plead fortnightly about our plight to no avail, without any response from Storm8, for they require real currency to continue to develop this game.

They are not interested in the pleas of high level players who do not actually need to purchase gold as they have GPD. We are no longer the group of players who need to spend money so our calls for extra land go unanswered.
    I agree with you 100%! The very least S8 could do is respond.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    With the current format, in order to complete the event, you have to have out the following:
    Tales - 4 dragons (common, chap 2, chap 7, final to get the extra items for crafting tickets/boosts). If you want the special crafting dragon, that's 5
    Leaderboard - 1
    Community - 1

With the old format of Tales-Community-Leaderboard most months you would only need 6-7 (6 must, 7 if you get the craft dragon) (10 must, 12 if you get both the craft dragons) spaces for dragons for the entire month. 10-12 on the rare ocassion you get two Tales in one month (that was maybe twice a year).

With the current format of Tales-Leaderboard-Tales-Leaderboard-Tales-Community-Leaderboard you need 10-12 slots every month.

I used to be able to exchange 3 3-dragon habitats for 3 5-dragon habitats in a month and fit everyone (9 from the original habitats and 6 new ones since I almost always have the craft dragon, I use that item to get the 10X speed boost). I could at least keep up with room for everyone in the game but I don't get enough gold in a month to get all 4 habitats every month. Getting the 4th one once in a while kept me ahead of the game (about once a quarter I can get the 4th habitat).

Now, if I get 3 5-dragon habitats and move the 9 over, that leaves me with 6 slots to put 10 dragons....and with how long it is taking me to clear land, it's becoming a shuffle game.

It costs gold to increase the capacity of my dragon stable (at 40 right now), it costs gold to buy 5 dragon habitats....I'm not made of money...

I do not have any marble producing dragons (let alone the cost, where's the room?) so I craft one key per day when I'm not crafting something else - that's 30 per month TOPS if I someone get to craft one every day, which I don't so more like 20 per month and it takes 55 to clear land where I'm at now.

I do not spend nearly as much money on the game since my budget is not unlimited but I have spent money on the game but the game developers seem to not appreciate higher level players since it is only getting harder and harder to get things without money. I think it is still good for lower level players and quite honestly, if you are clearing land with maps, marble keys, and island parts, it probably isn't that bad. I guess it's just a young man's game, which will play me out sooner rather than later.
    Maybe S8 is trying to get rid of us loyal, higher level players. Some of us have been playing this game since it began. I think I?m one of them and I have given up and quit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajicHearts View Post
    I agree with you 100%! The very least S8 could do is respond.
    One of the S8 employees on the Dragon Story team replied in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post

Hey, Amerirish! Thank you as well! I'm glad you've enjoyed the content! Hopefully, you'll find more to your liking on the way. Expansions require a lot of resources on our end so typically end up being difficult to implement, but I will certainly consult with my team to see what we may be able to do in the future.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast