Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle Arena

Rhino Keeper

Battle Arena

Here is a thread for me (and anybody else who wants to) to discuss and/or complain about the battle arena.
    Last edited by deamon506; 03-02-21 at 06:35 PM.

Fashion Designer
    OH, that sucks. I beat him with my Diamond at 15 first try. He's my go-to for those early champion types and beat thems 99% of the time.

Rhino Keeper
    I?m beginning to think the difficulty of the battle arena is directly related to how much gold you have. I bought some as a Christmas present to myself and now my dragons are noodling to inferior opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    I?m beginning to think the difficulty of the battle arena is directly related to how much gold you have. I bought some as a Christmas present to myself and now my dragons are noodling to inferior opponents.
    I believe that the difficulty of the tournaments is the same regardless of if you spend money or not.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    I believe that the difficulty of the tournaments is the same regardless of if you spend money or not.
    Cool!

Rhino Keeper
    I got Gentle Knight with my Defender. It works really well against pink, in particular. My Defender is a lvl 10, fwiw.

Executive Chef
    There is no guarantee that you will get past any opponent on the first try or with any particular dragon. There are percentages and so forth involved. Skyharbor knows more about the percentages and so forth, so maybe he can explain if he comes around. There is also an element of luck.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Sure, just so happens those percentages are wildly against me all at the same time in the same tournament. In addition to the level 5 dragon taking down a 15 diamond, 15 black knight, and 13 glasswing,

The level 17 immortal dragon took down my:

15 diamond (3x)
    10 infinity
    10 passion
    10 dark
    12 metal

As well as SEVENTEEN other diamond hybrids all level 10.

To be clear, it took approximately 25 battles to finally beat it. I don?t think my complaints are unfair.
    Last edited by deamon506; 01-03-21 at 01:15 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    Sure, just so happens those percentages are wildly against me all at the same time in the same tournament. In addition to the level 5 dragon taking down a 15 diamond, 15 black knight, and 13 glasswing,

The level 17 immortal dragon took down my:

15 diamond (3x)
    10 infinity
    10 passion
    10 dark
    12 metal

As well as SEVENTEEN other diamond hybrids all level 10.

To be clear, it took approximately 25 battles to finally beat it. I don?t think my complaints are unfair.
    I'm sorry you had so much trouble with those pesky chanpion dragons in this tournament.
    What I would do in your position is to raise your Infinity, Passion, Dark and Metal all to level 15. If the food is a premium then raise Air, Fire, Forest, Water and Magic to level 15. Those basic common dragons at level 15 can be effective at times. I, personally, don't trust Diamond and other single element champion type dragons to beat tournament champions. However, champion hybrids can come through in a pinch. The ones I use are: Tribal or Mithril against champion/blue dragons (Huntress and Honor), Wardrum against champion/yellow or champion/pink dragons (Tribal, Dread Captain, Gentle Knight), Amazon against champ/green hybrids (Harmony Knight), Cleric or Harmony Knight against champ/black hybrids (Black Jackal, Wardrum).
    Of the dragons you listed, I would start with raising Dark to 15 because the food is cheaper, then Passion second, then Infinity and Metal last.

Banned
    I battle on Android so that may give different results than ios.... for the majority of champs, especially pure champs, I have been using level 15 metal. So that's a dragon at top of my feed list. If champ has blue in it, I use level 14 mithril and any champs with Red or Rainbow I won't use metal. Every other metal's been my go to dragon and for few times she loses, i have 2nd level 15 metal. On a few occasions when both fail, i use level 15 Passion.

Glasswing, sigh, i dread seeing in list but my level 14 battlesteed has success often on those.

It does seem that some dragons are terrific for most players while a few have duds...that seems to be my Glasswing and Neo Valiant. They are not reliable for me. So while the dragons I described work for me, your experience could be quite different....so Good Luck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast