Thread: Here's a new one! Grrr

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Here's a new one! Grrr

While decorating my store. I purchased 2 of lighted reindeer. Then the game went into ugh! Processing mode and purchased an extra reindeer without my consent. All in processing mode! Then I log out and back in thinking it's a glitch. Then the extra reindeer is gone stolen! So now, not only, (I think,but can't prove unfortunately) that my gems were never returned from that purchase that I didn't approve! But the extra reindeer as well! Anyone else had this happen? With other decor or gems while in processing mode? I know it's only 9 gems. But still it's the principle of thing. They were MY gems n they were stolen? Wasn't sure where to post. Thnx. I know contacting support is out. Since they don't care about us anymore. Which is sad.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by myharleycat View Post
    While decorating my store. I purchased 2 of lighted reindeer. Then the game went into ugh! Processing mode and purchased an extra reindeer without my consent. All in processing mode! Then I log out and back in thinking it's a glitch. Then the extra reindeer is gone stolen! So now, not only, (I think,but can't prove unfortunately) that my gems were never returned from that purchase that I didn't approve! But the extra reindeer as well! Anyone else had this happen? With other decor or gems while in processing mode? I know it's only 9 gems. But still it's the principle of thing. They were MY gems n they were stolen? Wasn't sure where to post. Thnx. I know contacting support is out. Since they don't care about us anymore. Which is sad.
    Unfortunate! I've heard stories of people losing there gems all the time. Because of that I'm always paranoid and don't keep more than 10 gems on me at a time after I'm done buying into something; like sales, etc. Just for fear of losing gems, and real money even.

With one of the other S8 games I'm playing, I had over 100 gems left from buying into an item for no more than 30 minutes. But I was very scared in that 30 minute time frame that I would lose them to the server or something. Even if I didn't need or want anything with them 100 gems; I spent them on a random item so that I couldn't lose them.

Not the best tactic, because I could've eventually used them for another item if I would've leveled up, but I didn't want to risk it regardless.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 12-24-20 at 12:02 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    Unfortunate! I've heard stories of people losing there gems all the time. Because of that I'm always paranoid and don't keep more than 10 gems on me at a time after I'm done buying into something; like sales, etc. Just for fear of losing gems, and real money even.

With one of the other S8 games I'm playing, I had over 100 gems left from buying into an item for no more than 30 minutes. But I was very scared in that 30 minute time frame that I would lose them to the server or something. Even if I didn't need or want anything with them 100 gems; I spent them on a random item so that I couldn't lose them.

Not the best tactic, because I could've eventually used them for another item if I would've leveled up, but I didn't want to risk it regardless.
    I just lost over 280 or so gems because my phone crashed while processing a newer purchase. (I need to upgrade my phone and what account I add money onto) but a purchase was going through as well; as I previously said. It said it did go through (because money is now gone) but I didn't receive said gems. My phone crashed and instantly turned itself off, even though my phone was completely charged.

Man, I am upset.

Though if I can't receive luck on either end (from Apple or Storm8) at least it was only 10 dollars all together that I had lost. Not over 20.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 12-27-20 at 02:46 PM.

If you bought something and didn't get it you can try contacting support. (PM a mod if you are having trouble with your ticket being closed.)
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    If you bought something and didn't get it you can try contacting support. (PM a mod if you are having trouble with your ticket being closed.)
    If you're taking to me, or if I'm included in your post;

I've just decided to unfortunately take my losses with losing the 10 dollars. I just hope that the money went through on Storm8's side of things, so that they earned money from it. And it not being lost into the abyss.

I'm not going to ask for a refund now, like I was going to earlier, for the fear of losing my flytrap that I got very early today. Even though I made that purchase way after the fact, where I lost gems & real money, I'm still scared on losing it. I'm not going to take the chances.

Going forward though, I will make the purchases from my iPhone 11, rather than my iPhone 6s. So it hopefully isn't happening again.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 12-27-20 at 07:25 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Aometimes people lose gems. Never spend more money on gems than you can afford to lose.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    I just lost over 280 or so gems because my phone crashed while processing a newer purchase. (I need to upgrade my phone and what account I add money onto) but a purchase was going through as well; as I previously said. It said it did go through (because money is now gone) but I didn't receive said gems. My phone crashed and instantly turned itself off, even though my phone was completely charged.

Man, I am upset.

Though if I can't receive luck on either end (from Apple or Storm8) at least it was only 10 dollars all together that I had lost. Not over 20.
    If your money went from the bank and you didn't receive the gems. I contact Google Play and get them to refund me the money. I've done this many times.
    It's also annoying when I lose 49 gems for accidentally clicking on the oven thing. Grrr they need a confirmation box before you make a purchase