Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Castle Story 12/24: Favio the Fierce | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AltonHastur View Post
    I am really frustrated, irritated, and a bit angry at this point. I?m yet again not getting the goal prize because I can?t get the items no matter how I try. I leveled the statue, fine. But it drops 25 shields only every few hours. When I fought Favio at the farmhouses, he?d drop a couple of shields. BUT since I leveled the statue, he doesn?t drop any! I have a timer to collect from the statue but will end up with 986 shields.
    Do you have gems to skip for the last collection?
    It would be less painful to use 4 gems to skip and collect from the statue than battling the 20+ Favios needed for the 14 shields.

Fashion Designer
    SMH 1 stupid yellow fairy short to get the steed. Wasted so much energy just to get a beast to spawn for the last chest and only got one lousy fairy!

Executive Chef
    Fern is hanging with the ladies by the sweets shop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03D91527-661E-4A86-8D4A-79BEE2F1A68C.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	58059

Favio and his steed have joined the warrior contingent.

Name:	5FA40C1F-B51F-4757-9240-505213864C8F.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	58060

But if he keeps winking at Ivy, we?re going to end up with yet another wedding choice scenario.

Name:	332AEB89-F5C2-45E8-B7CD-1A2EFB5D3070.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	58061

Rhino Keeper
    I love the look of the characters and their animations are great. Fern is so delicate dusting her dress, and Favio’s wink cracks me up. Great job, S8! What seems odd to me is the event storyline. Thurston from the beginning has been a scaredy cat and there is nothing I can recall in the main storyline about Thurston and Ivy knowing each other previous to their time in the Glimmerwood. Sometimes event characters can become part of the larger story (e.g., Agnes) but this completely contradicts the main story. I’m considering it non-canon, lol. But at least the characters look like they belong in a medieval kingdom. They shall stay out.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

I agree with RonjaR82 and many others who are not satisfied with this event.
    Yes, I was able to finish it by paying 20 gems for the missing part, so I could upgrade the statue to the level 6, and I have set timer in the evening and part of night to get enough collections. So I got both Favio and Fern, but there are too many annoying and frustrating things in this event. The things that annoyed me the most: 1. Necessity to baby-sit the game and come back after every 2 hours - and that during New year related celebrations, why you do it, S8? 2. The fact that sometimes Troll Camp didn't drop the item even after 3 collections. 3. Adventure wanted Golden Nugget which is most rare from all 3 gold items. 4. I sent out more than 10 adventures and didn't get the sheep. 5. Useless prizes from Faerie trades and this time very greedy faerie drops in the Faerie chests. There are some more frustrating things but these ones are the most annoying ones.
    The prizes from past events are not good, for example, Tiny reindeer is not giving any good drop despite 7 days collection time. Drops of Fern is not useful for me as well.
    Now let's see how often will Favio give gold items, and whether he will drop nuggets as well (I am always maxed on golden eggs and golden apples as they drop most often). If Favio drops will also be useless, I must seriously consider whether to take part in the next event. IMHO, an event should be either easy or give a good prize. But baby-sitting the game again and again, taking the time for that from the precious holiday events with family, from work, from sleeping time - it is not the way I want to play CastleStory.
    Sorry for my sad song - normally I always try to bring positive points as well, but not this time - but my only aim posting this long complaining text is to convince the S8 team to make changes. We know they read our forums, so I hope if many of us will tell the same, S8 team might listen to us and offer compromise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameAddicted007 View Post
    Yes, I was able to finish it by paying 20 gems for the missing part, so I could upgrade the statue to the level 6, and I have set timer in the evening and part of night to get enough collections. So I got both Favio and Fern, but there are too many annoying and frustrating things in this event. The things that annoyed me the most: 1. Necessity to baby-sit the game and come back after every 2 hours - and that during New year related celebrations, why you do it, S8? 2. The fact that sometimes Troll Camp didn't drop the item even after 3 collections. 3. Adventure wanted Golden Nugget which is most rare from all 3 gold items. 4. I sent out more than 10 adventures and didn't get the sheep. 5. Useless prizes from Faerie trades and this time very greedy faerie drops in the Faerie chests. There are some more frustrating things but these ones are the most annoying ones.
    The prizes from past events are not good, for example, Tiny reindeer is not giving any good drop despite 7 days collection time. Drops of Fern is not useful for me as well.
    Now let's see how often will Favio give gold items, and whether he will drop nuggets as well (I am always maxed on golden eggs and golden apples as they drop most often). If Favio drops will also be useless, I must seriously consider whether to take part in the next event. IMHO, an event should be either easy or give a good prize. But baby-sitting the game again and again, taking the time for that from the precious holiday events with family, from work, from sleeping time - it is not the way I want to play CastleStory.
    Sorry for my sad song - normally I always try to bring positive points as well, but not this time - but my only aim posting this long complaining text is to convince the S8 team to make changes. We know they read our forums, so I hope if many of us will tell the same, S8 team might listen to us and offer compromise.

This was,a,waste time event. Rinse and repeat stuff. If u want the rewards to show u are a completer. Then go for it.. did not see a reason to effort for something i and many have already. If your gonna have an event like this have more then freaking Gold Drops..
    Last edited by greasyfork1; 01-06-21 at 06:57 PM.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Thanks queens_ransom! At least you have the Scrolls
    I hope the Scrolls keep coming, because I need 90 more for Kelcie and then another 130 for Jareth and Brandon..

P.s. I've collected from my Tiny Reindeer 3 times now and only got Trade Tickets. (1 time 3 at ones, the other 2 times just 1)
    I hope other people are more lucky.
    I really think the 7 day timer is pretty absurd for just 'a chance'.
    Greta's chance for good drops is also pretty small, but at least you can try your luck several times a day if you like.
    I agree with queen. It used to be 760 instead of 1000 and that wasn?t as taxing. Faerie chests used to drop more as well. They have made it much harder and it seems intentional. With that they have taken away the fun and it seems more like a chore.

Executive Chef
    I agree this event wasn't a good match for the holidays, mainly because of the known (S8 knows we hate it) frustrating element of random Troll Camp drops with such a long waiting time.

It feels like the real 'happy holidays' time in Castle Story is Halloween.
    The past 2 years have been amazing and generous in prizes/ deco's and extra event overlapping challenges.
    Christmas/ New Year doesn't emit the same festive spirit and that's a shame, because some people like me are more into Christmas than Halloween.

Don't be sorry, you're just being honest. (and that's what this forum is for)
    I think a lot of people feel the same way.
    I always try to be positive too, but I'm not gonna fake it if I'm not feeling it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Passera View Post
    SMH 1 stupid yellow fairy short to get the steed. Wasted so much energy just to get a beast to spawn for the last chest and only got one lousy fairy!
    That's frustrating
    If you have the Gems, you could buy the last Talinium Faerie for 6 Gems.. a bit sour for a prize that is usually free, but maybe it's worth it for you.
    The drops are nothing special, but he does look very good.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819