Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low-value trades

Farm Supplier

Low-value trades

Today I had a daily trade on the market which doesn?t really make sense to do, it is quite expensive and the offered returns are basically worthless. (Costs: 25 milk, 25 corn and 25 eggs. Returns: 250 coins and 4 charcoal.) Why would anyone want the trade? The same is true for the trades with the elves. Does it have an effect on your game? Does it increase your chances on drops of anything? Why are these bad trades in the game?
    Thanks in advance for your interest.

Farm Supplier
    I really want to know it. Are you more lucky in the game (more value drops ect.) when you do the trades?
    Or are the drops (golden nuggets, trade tickets....) random?

I have never done any of the daily trades for just that reason. None are worth doing!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Market trades can be ignored. The Elven trades are a bit different but there does not seem to be any correlation between how many you do to get gold runes and what you trade. Unless you're swimming in golden items no one will do a trade if they include for example 50 mithril or 45 golden apples. Just stick to the ones you get resources for incidentally and get runes that way. If you're interested in knowing more about players feedback about Elven trades then you can read through that thread.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-How-it-works

Farm Supplier
    Thanks meme1098 and SpiritWind00.
    I feel relieved now I can ignore the trades.
    Have a nice day

Fashion Designer
    The only market trade I sometimes do is 30 woods 30 rocks 20 waters for 10 energy. I do it mostly for fun, since I naturally get these items without trying.
    As for the elven trade, I just did one that asked for 48 mithrils. I have no use for mithrils and right now I have many guaranteed mithril droppers. The following are regularly asked in high quantities (40 or more) but i absolutely refuse to give away: purple hides, mermaid purses, gold nuggets, etc. I have no ideas what purple hides are for, I've never seen any use of them whatsoever but I don't know why I don't want to give them up. Same with those super yummy pies. All these years and I've only accumulated 50 super yummy pies.

On a side note, I wonder if people with the mystic kiln can tell me if they're happy with the building?. Many times I've built my gold runes to 20 and then I'd go and get more rainbow alis. I have no use for the kiln and I can't bear to part with 30 gold runes for the sake of completeness. I'd rather go for those rainbow alis instead, which doesn't make much sense for me either since I'm inundated with the amount of energy I've accumulated (almost 400k stored energy now). I'm thinking it may be time I save for the kiln.
    Last edited by Melany77; 01-02-21 at 08:00 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    I'd rather go for those rainbow alis instead, which doesn't make much sense for me either since I'm inundated with the amount of energy I've accumulated (almost 400k stored energy now). I'm thinking it may be time I save for the kiln.
    I have a question. How do you store your energy?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by vlindertje58 View Post
    I have a question. How do you store your energy?
    When you have many alicorns and other energy droppers, you collect energy from them and get so many energy that the amount of energy used a day is less than the energy collected. For example, you collect +1000 energy from your alicorns a day and only use 600 energy. At the end of the day your energy is +400.

This extra energy will build up over time, resulting in the amount of "stored energy" mentioned above.

Note that when your energy is above 40, you forego the "free" energy refill that you get in the game. If I remember correctly it's 1 energy every 3 minutes, so you'll get 40 energy every 2 hours. Let's say you're logging in the game 5 times a day, you'll get 200 energy in free refill energy. That's the amount you forego daily when you're "storing" energy. For a player without an army of energy droppers and with a lot of pending tasks to complete, storing energy is definitely not a good idea.
    Last edited by Melany77; 01-02-21 at 08:19 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks Melany for your answer.
    It is very clear now.
    I am astonished that some of my neighbours have so many alicorns, but now I understand why.
    Have a nice day
    Butterfly

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    The only market trade I sometimes do is 30 woods 30 rocks 20 waters for 10 energy. I do it mostly for fun, since I naturally get these items without trying.
    As for the elven trade, I just did one that asked for 48 mithrils. I have no use for mithrils and right now I have many guaranteed mithril droppers. The following are regularly asked in high quantities (40 or more) but i absolutely refuse to give away: purple hides, mermaid purses, gold nuggets, etc. I have no ideas what purple hides are for, I've never seen any use of them whatsoever but I don't know why I don't want to give them up. Same with those super yummy pies. All these years and I've only accumulated 50 super yummy pies.

On a side note, I wonder if people with the mystic kiln can tell me if they're happy with the building?. Many times I've built my gold runes to 20 and then I'd go and get more rainbow alis. I have no use for the kiln and I can't bear to part with 30 gold runes for the sake of completeness. I'd rather go for those rainbow alis instead, which doesn't make much sense for me either since I'm inundated with the amount of energy I've accumulated (almost 400k stored energy now). I'm thinking it may be time I save for the kiln.
    I have the kiln. I got very frustrated when all most every new event started using the magic forge (due to the fact s8 wanted to slow us down due to the fact there are no boosters to speed it up). I use it to make the regular items when events keep the forges too busy. Once your inventory fills up it isn't as useful but I do not regret getting it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast