Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/17: Monster Hunt S28 & LB Winter Steed | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post

If some get's the Mr. Frosty, please post the pic here!
    As requested (I do not usually keep a snowy area but pulled out some old deco to set up a winter garden):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2AEC0E78-A9BF-4B1E-BBB7-52C45B9E62C5.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	57960

And for those who think Lady Winter is related to Griselda, you are correct!

Name:	0B88FB15-E205-46A6-B0E7-C3B887029832.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	57961

I didn?t plan on being #1 but loaded all my weeklies at the start to get as many gold tokens as possible, then stayed in first thanks to that and my many dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    That was a happy hunt, with the bonus we got, I have >90 Troll Tokens. A new record. I managed to craft 4 Armored Lion & 1 Armored Black Bear. Well this places me at best at rank 3 on the LB.

If some get's the Mr. Frosty, please post the pic here!
    That’s a nice haul

I busted my behind (cause I really wanted my 4th Armored Dire wolf) and managed 143 Troll Tokens but lost one when the event ended and the game ROLLED BACK. To add insult to injury, they resurrected the Glimmer Golem I’d defeated 30 seconds before with 3/4 of its health restored, so, I’m going to have to deal with it during the Weekday Warrior

On the bright side, I crafted my final Armored Dire Wolf and had enough left over to upgrade my Wizard Portals

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyfork1 View Post
    They are opened and emptied when you hit that goal.. the splash screen shows you what you got after they are auto opened.
    Ok thank you. I?ll be on the look out for that. Thanks

Executive Chef

Name:	442028AE-504C-4583-BBCA-A2B230E70265.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	57962

Fashion Designer
    A mite delayed, but: So interesting to see how Low luck drop variability seems to extend even to Love Shack adventure drops. 👀 So happy for everyone with that remarkable asset! ❤️

This was my first MH seeing what a maxed-out Alicorn herd could casually do. First place with maxed Weeklies and near max Dailies came in at 29.6k points.
    I was sure they must have purchased some Weekly's but a quick Wall glance showed 'have Love Shack, hence the Weekly Ali's' and 'been playing since 2012' (assuming that's meant to explain that they've slowly accumulated dailies through the years 🥰 ).

It truly is something to envy. 💗
    Although I understand why The Decision-makers may prefer not to re-release an asset that could maaaybe detract from some less-likely-to-spend-when-happy (unlike me who'd plan on splurging on dailies to match if such an awesome asset were to re-appear 😉 ) Sales, I don't think anyone who's seen what a lucky-in-Love-Shack realm can do will ever stop asking for a re-release of Love Shack!
    It would likely have to be yearly to be "fair to newer players" or the cycle would just start all over again so I feel like that may be a rabbit hole we'll never be invited down.

However,
    I managed to earn 2 more Armored Alicorns to grey out that craft and earned 48 tokens more towards my next craft. The gift of 10 was absolutely wonderful! 😊❤️
    I'm well on my way to earning my Baron's Tent during the next MH. 😊

Argh, hate to see rollbacks continuing to plague players. 😣
    So fun to see everyone's Jack displays! ❤️

Hope everyone has a great Event changeover day (or what's left of it, anyway). ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-24-20 at 11:17 AM.

Executive Chef
    As a comparison, I came in first with 4716 points. I also have a Love Shack and have been playing since 2012. Several of my 11 white alicorns came from the Love Shack and from watching ads. I also have three specialty Weekly alicorns (including Mint Chip and ghost). There are also seven non-alicorn weeklies in my kingdom, including the new Winter Clydesdale. In addition, I have 18 daily alicorns and more than 18 non-alicorn dailies. Most of these came from events, the Baron?s tent, and the MRC.

Everything came from game play, watching ads, and occasionally doing the specialty gem links. Since I ride for free, I don?t begrudge the players who are spending real $$ to keep this game solvent. I do think there has been more opportunity in the past to get energy items, but at this point I play for the deco I like best - and the fun of it. Also for the forum community, which has been wonderful!

For this MH, I loaded all my weeklies at the start and hit a max of about 1600 energy. Then of course the dailies kept me going. I thought maybe some secret player would shoot up to the top in the last few hours (which has happened more then once in the past). Perhaps everyone else has a life and was getting ready for Christmas! Chanukah is over, been over a year since we saw son and longer for other relatives, and I am retired so have plenty of time to play. Also I live in Southern California so do not have to shovel snow .

Rhino Keeper
    I just want to say one thing about these leaderboard events, people judge the top scorer a lot over here and undermine there enthusiasm and hardwork. I have plenty of energy saved, but I only won a few times with under 5000 points. After beating the monster mindlessly for 20 minutes makes me tired that’s why I don’t care for leaderboard and prizes often come back on gem sales. But these people with around 30,000 points, even though maybe they are spending gems or real money with plenty of alicorns, it’s really hard work and time consuming, keep in mind that there’s no quick collect in monster fighting. Hitting a virtual monster 15,000 times is not an easy job and requires dedication. So, Congrats to all the enthusiastic winners.

Rhino Keeper
    Just curious, has anyone actually gotten the Cooking Camp? I am still 4 monster hunts away from being done with all the energy and expansion supplies droppers but just wondering. It seems like the Magic Kiln - ridiculously difficult to get and not really useful.

Fashion Designer
    So lovely to see the range, GiselleX16! ❤️ That is definitely a lot of hard work and dedication, congratulations! 😊❤️

Sigh.
    Apparently the awe I felt watching that player did not come through sufficiently, just a skew towards admiring envy because I was trying to stay upbeat and mostly responding to posts a few pages back. I actually typed up something similar right when the discussion was going on but held back from posting and stepped away from forum for a bit because I felt like I couldn't strike the right tone and spend far too much time on trying. I will admit that "can casually do" probably irked a few readers too, so I apologize for not saying "It's so awesome to see them work so hard and play almost constantly, with the resources they've accumulated through time energy effort and regular gameplay." - a sentence i'm sure i'd typed and deleted before to try to avoid another Absolute Monster of a post. I am a perhaps too dedicated player in a smaller newer realm so it's cool to see where others are at after nearly a decade.
    Just to be clear, I don't personally sit there judging any player- and want to let people ENJOY what they've worked so hard for (it would really suck to feel guilted into underperforming or losing interest and attacked if I did invest in a Huge herd and still read forums with outcries, which is just one possible reaction I or someone who thinks like me would have)- but I DO think about and respond to others in The Forum and try to consider the circumstances surrounding what seems to be a serious point of contention for many players. If someone who's been playing dedicatedly for 3 years has no alicorns to show for it and is a little disheartened since they'll never have that particular bonus, or just wants the shack as a cool piece of game history that's cool. Just sharing my views, which I understand may not always come across as intended: in this case, awestruck admiration and envy mixed with a but of "oh maybe that's why people are so vocal" since I had also encountered the "haves and have nots" thread early in my playing here.
    I hope no one takes any of my postings personally, unless of course i'm using a name and specifically thanking you. 😂❤️

Have fun and most of all
    Enjoy, all. ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-25-20 at 05:59 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Just curious, has anyone actually gotten the Cooking Camp? I am still 4 monster hunts away from being done with all the energy and expansion supplies droppers but just wondering. It seems like the Magic Kiln - ridiculously difficult to get and not really useful.
    Yeah, I have it - have had it for years. Also have Magic Kiln.