Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/17: Monster Hunt S28 & LB Winter Steed | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Collection time for Armored winter steed is 22 hours. It is sooo pretty. There are plenty of mithril droppers now, I hope there are more of a new born sprite droppers too, to balance out the trade.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by candylou36 View Post
    The thing that stinks is the strike count. It says you got 2 points or 3 points when in fact you only get 1 point. Has anyone noticed this am I missing something in the point count and when you buy the boost you get 2 points, not 4 or 6 like the little annoying point counter tells you you received. Can someone please tell me if it is just one point no matter what or is my game messed up on the count. I can literally count each hit and see it move up by 1 no matter what the point counter says I received for a total. If this is the case that it is 1 point for normal and 2 points for the double why even have a point counted pop up and disrupt the game on the left where you strike with the sword.
    I have reported this twice with documentation in the past couple years and S8 refuses to fix. Feel free to report it but don?t be surprised if S8 does nothing.

Fashion Designer
    The thing that stinks is the strike count. It says you got 2 points or 3 points when in fact you only get 1 point. Has anyone noticed this am I missing something in the point count and when you buy the boost you get 2 points, not 4 or 6 like the little annoying point counter tells you you received. Can someone please tell me if it is just one point no matter what or is my game messed up on the count. I can literally count each hit and see it move up by 1 no matter what the point counter says I received for a total. If this is the case that it is 1 point for normal and 2 points for the double why even have a point counted pop up and disrupt the game on the left where you strike with the sword.
    From what I can see, our Point count on the right side of the screen updates with every (1) Hit, but the banner pop-up that comes along the bottom-left of our battle screen updates at a regular interval and will count however many points you managed within that interval. So if i'm hitting as quickly as I can, and have gotten into a rhythm (not just one or two hits but maybe 25-30 strung together) I might see my point tally on the right correctly go up by +1 with every hit, but if i'm watching the banner it updates at a steady rhythm (banner.... banner... banner) with however many hits I managed in between (whether that's +2, +4, +6, etc.)... sometimes it seems like the banner tries to keep up and might get a few rise up fairly quickly if I lagged out a bit, but generally the banner has its own slower rhythm.
    The mismatch between tallies only happens if I start picking up my hitting pace and strike faster than the banner's refresh rate; if you wait for the previous banner to disappear and then strike again Only once!, and then stop wait for the new banner, you never get more than +1 for a single hit unless you have the +2 bonus activated. At slower speeds it synchs, but we don't generally hit that slow.
    (I've only played with this a little).

I don't know why we have the banner too but I think it's supposed to be a fun interactive message element to draw you back to the Event screen and look at Leaderboard (which is where it takes you if you accidentally click the scroll banner).

Just my guess: The slower refresh rate is likely due to the animation of the banner, and to account for that it's programmed so that when it has to start stacking/we start going too quickly it updates its tally to account for however many points we earned while it was loading instead of giving us a ton of super fast +1 (which might jitter/lag/crash your game).
    It might look confusing at our normal "hit as soon as we can!!" Battle speed, especially since you're trying to watch 3 areas of your screen (points, your battle icons, and the banner- at minimum) but when you slow down and time your hits with the banner (just to see what happens) it should synch 1:1 (1:2 if double points is active). 😊
    Since battling ends up feeling boring and rhythmic anyway, i'd try to take a multi-point banner as proof that you're moving at a decent speed instead of a worrying variation. 😂😅

<STOP Reading here if guesswork explanations annoy you. 😊 >
    Our battle speed is limited by the speed our battle icons become available (which probably is set such that we don't desynch our game or cause lag or overwhelm the point score board or something?) but we could also hit any time slower than that, and the banners have a regular steady refresh rate set slightly behind that speed (that nonetheless track points in-between) instead of being tied directly to an action (like us hitting) to allow for us to see as our points scroll by... ( ? ) The banner is likely set/triggered at a slight delay too, not immediately, which becomes more obvious as we start battling fast.
    The game also has to keep track of our Individual point tier on the Goal/milestone board, and issue the correct prize for our point tally once we hit those markers. In edge cases like if we're getting down to the wire and trying to earn just a few more points before the Event ends to get the last tier's Individual prize, it's more important for the game to issue you that final Goal prize (and hopefully not roll-back!) than it would be for you to see a nice little animated banner (possibly meant to keep you entertained while in repetitive strike wait strike battle monotony) telling you how much progress you've made- especially since you're likely already acutely aware of how many points you need to get that last prize. 😥
    The Leaderboard handles this by refreshing at some rate dependent on game activity (it can lag if too many people are submitting point crafts or playing at once) during the Event, with a manual refresh in the corner if you're getting impatient, and then having hours after the Event ends to allow any last points to trickle in and produce the final Scoreboard ranking. But the last chance for the game to issue our Prize for the individual Goal scoreboard milestone we reached is just before the Event ends- it can't be issued after! So I think they don't want to change the delay or how/when the order in which each event is triggered (as another player mentioned) because the offset is already as much as it can be without interfering with those edge case needs. That's pure conjecture, but I tried best I could to offer one possible "why" based on my knowledge of what needs to happen and possible priority setting that has to happen to avoid overwhelming the server/game.

Remember that Support doesn't answer Gameplay questions, and by extension likely doesn't explain Gameplay mechanics- we're directed to the Forum with a mix of official information and player hypothesis.
    I've done my best to explain and guess why it's set up how it is, but I may be wrong about the more lengthy explanations for whyyyy it might work as observed.
    Nonetheless, I hope these observations help. 😊

tl;dr
    would just be a summary of the first 2 paragraphs and don't read all the 'why' after "I don't know why" 😉

Enjoy the Event! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-18-20 at 02:51 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Just great. Empty prize for reaching 760 points and empty prize for reaching 1300 points. That's 5 chests in total. Hope they make it up to us.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Just great. Empty prize for reaching 760 points and empty prize for reaching 1300 points. That's 5 chests in total. Hope they make it up to us.
    SgtBeebo and hairbaitx are amazing and responded in the middle of the night to fix the bug for us. Tomorrow when we have the full staff, the team will review how to best make it up to players.

Thank you all for your patience while our team works on this!

Fashion Designer
    Didn't want to delay hitting 760 any longer so plowed through and came in to report that mine seemed to work, then saw Elsa's post:
    Wow, Thank you to SgtBeebo and hairbaitx for their responsiveness (c'mon get some sleep 😂 ) and to Elsa for relaying the communication! 😊❤️

Just got 4 Rotten Cabbages and 5,000 Coins from my 760 tier. 😊

Farm Supplier
    Thank you for the explanation. But I count my hits with the point total. I go as fast as I can and watch the tiny little pop up. And all I receive is 1 point even when it said 2 or 3 for a hit. And if the double is active it is only 2 points no more just two points. When you hit a monster try it and you will see what I mean. So If it is only 1 hit and 2 points when doubled then get rid of the little box with the wrong info because it is very annoying and very wrong.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for the explanation. But I count my hits with the point total. I go as fast as I can and watch the tiny little pop up. And all I receive is 1 point even when it said 2 or 3 for a hit. And if the double is active it is only 2 points no more just two points. When you hit a monster try it and you will see what I mean. So If it is only 1 hit and 2 points when doubled then get rid of the little box with the wrong info because it is very annoying and very wrong.

It's not 2 or 3 Points for a hit though, it's 2 or 3 points earned since your last banner.
    The banner just lets you know how many points you've earned in the interval between banners, it does Not update fast enough or speed up depending on your battling speed, only your righthand points tally updates quickly when you're hitting as fast as you can- you never get more than 1 Point added to your tally for 1 hit unless you're doubled, the banner is just showing you how many Points (single Hits) you made while it was loading...

If I made 3 Hits in the time span between banners, I will see my points tally go up by +1 with each Hit but my next banner will show +3 Points...
    I don't get another 3 Points added to my tally when the +3 banner appears because the points were already added individually with each hit; the banner is just a summary or 'total' for how many points I earned since the last banner.

I see what you mean, it's clearly confusing. 😕

Edit: This explanation makes sense to me and was interpreted from what I see in my game. Whether it's how it was intended to work or just a pattern I saw is not clear, but since it hasn't been "fixed" I think chances are pretty good i'm at least partially right. Maybe i'm just seeing what I want to see to make it "make sense", but i've watched this enough times to see only slight variations (next banner might lag behind by a hit, so i'd see another +1 banner before my +3 banner from 3 quick hits, but counting hits between banners appearing is a pretty good indicator of what your next tally will be when you're using a lot of energy fast).
    I won't press if you feel this isn't what you're seeing, just from how you phrased your complaint I hoped that re-wording my explanation might give you a clearer idea of what I mean.

Have fun! 😊❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-18-20 at 04:46 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    SgtBeebo and hairbaitx are amazing and responded in the middle of the night to fix the bug for us. Tomorrow when we have the full staff, the team will review how to best make it up to players.

Thank you all for your patience while our team works on this!
    Thanks Elsa!

A lot of automated messages in the game are wrong and confusing.
    I hope they get rid of them, but it probably won't change.
    Just try to ignore them and have fun.
    The most important thing is that you get 1 Point per hit, and the 'counter' (on the right side of your screen) does keep correct track of your Point total.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by heartsfull View Post
    Just saying: Jack Frost is very stingy with his coins. I only receive one after he?s defeated.
    Same for me. Maybe he?s related to the Grinch

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast