Thread: pls confirm

Rhino Keeper

Question pls confirm

Hey all,

My iPad screen got so cracked today it wont work anymore and thats what I have castlestory on... Ive heard horror stories of others adding the game to a new device and their account being reset so I need to ask somethings because Im confused about that and dont want it to happen to me...

Does anyone know how that happens and how to prevent it? Pls dont tell me to search for it, the search gives me high anxiety because I often dont find what Im looking for.

Does anyone know if storm8 will actually help put it back if it resets?

I would be so so so devastated if I lost all my progress

Thank you in advance for all the advice❤️
    Last edited by dll137; 12-08-20 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Apostrophes to ? Grumble

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dll137 View Post
    Hey all,

My iPad screen got so cracked today it wont work anymore and thats what I have castlestory on... Ive heard horror stories of others adding the game to a new device and their account being reset so I need to ask somethings because Im confused about that and dont want it to happen to me...

Does anyone know how that happens and how to prevent it? Pls dont tell me to search for it, the search gives me high anxiety because I often dont find what Im looking for.

Does anyone know if storm8 will actually help put it back if it resets?

I would be so so so devastated if I lost all my progress

Thank you in advance for all the advice❤️
    I am not at a place that I can sit and do a decent right up.. but just wanted to chime in and say the progress is saved on the servers so as long as you have a password set with your stormID you can use that to login to basically any current or new device be it droid or ios based

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Given your game is not stored on your device, you are fine to change devices. There are written instructions here you can follow. It's quite easy (works on iOS or android) and as long as you know your password for your game takes about 5-10 minutes. Here's the link to the thread in the HUB. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll help you figure it out.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ltiple-devices

If you don't want to do it yourself, Support can transfer your game for you but it's quite straightforward. In the past I've use Bakery Story (as it has a transfer ability) to get Castle back on a new device.

You won't lose your progress!

Rhino Keeper
    Ok thank you SpiritWind! I’ve made the tough choice to download it to my phone since the IPad is totally toast, fingers crossed it all goes smooth!

Rhino Keeper
    It did not load my game Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D3452CD-86C8-4D9E-B8FF-5FDFEF0548F4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	57916

What do I do now?

Rhino Keeper
    I tried deleting the app and downloading two of the other ones, bakery and restaurant and neither gave me a login and were both new games

The version on my iPad are still the right ones.......

I tried deleting the app and downloading two of the other ones, bakery and restaurant and neither gave me a login and were both new games

The version on my iPad are still the right ones.......
    Bakery has the login feature.

Click on the “S” button in the top left and then tap on “Account Settings” and follow the steps there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2EBBF49D-4A0E-458F-81B2-D78F7CC0D6BE.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	57917
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Rhino Keeper
    It did not load my game Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D3452CD-86C8-4D9E-B8FF-5FDFEF0548F4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	57916

What do I do now?
    If you install a game first time on a device you have to play as a new user for some levels (I think, 3) which you can do very quickly. Then you will be able to log in to another account on restaurant story or bakery story (castle story does not have this option, but one account works for all the story-games).

If you want to keep the newly started game you will have to apply a storm8 id and a password before logging in to another account.

So, what you need to do on a new device is:
    Install castle story and (restaurant story or bakery story)
    Play both games a few levels
    (set storm 8 id and password in both games if you like to save your progress)
    Re-open castle story.