Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DRAGON TALES: Glitter and Gifts - 2020 Dec 4

Executive Chef
    uuuggghhhh. i started a day late. and now i have gotten all the letters i need. the news feed shows this. but the ticker only shows two. have restarted the app force closed. and restarted my device.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    I agree

This is the first storybook event that I took part in from beginning to end. And while I finished, it wasn?t without a degree of expense. So in future storybook events my goal will be to acquire the 2nd dragon, unless it is a particularly intriguing dragon. The expense is just too great.
    The only reason I?m going for it is so I can get the token for the defender dragon lol. The third dragon in the event doesn?t look as good as the first two dragons.

For future reference, are these events once a month? If so, I?ll try to start stockpiling 200,000 food every month. Although it?s unfortunate because there are other dragons I?d rather spend food on.

Executive Chef
    1. I know that there are a lot of people using the forum who are new to the forum or new to the game, so we need to be patient. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
    There are currently no moderators from Storm8 who are helping us with this forum. That is what is "not cool." Paul___ has taken it upon himself and stepped up to the plate to try to help the rest of us out. He is not paid, and he is not perfect. So he accidentally carried over "pie purveyor" from the previous event and forgot to change it to "Bombastic Bear." Can we all please employ some common sense and realize that it was obviously supposed to be changed to "Bombastic Bear." Again, I know that there are a lot of new people here, but for anyone who has done these events more than a couple times, you should know the way it works by now. It seems like Paul gets plenty of bashing but not a lot of gratitude.

2. Letters: It does depend on how long it takes your neighbors to respond, as someone else posted. That's why it is good to have lots of neighbors! It also doesn't hurt to have a second account that you can use to send yourself materials, although that is only 1 out of the 5 that you need. However, the game also is known for not always notifying all your neighbors right away. I am still receiving requests for letters 3 days after the event ended because the game has issues. Also, like shortdanzr said, you often need to close out of your game and come back in before the letters will show up.

3. deamon506 - In reply to your question, the Tales actually happen about 2x per month now, and each event takes 285,000 food to finish if you are at the higher levels. Make sure you have as many enchanted farms as you are eligible for and try to grow lots of Diamond Dates. I also try to place in the top 1000 globally during leaderboard events so I can get the 100,000 food. If you can't get enough food to play to completion every time, even if you only get through chapter 2, you get one new dragon, and if you get through level 7, you get 2 new dragons and some island parts, if you are still in need of island parts (again, I don't know what level you are at).
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234