Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    Haha, actually I fell asleep really sad. I dreamt that Storm8/Castle Story was a Kickstarter and I was so upset/disappointed that I packaged it up and was trying to mail it back to them, lol.

Aww 🥺

Oof, Dream is right- Performance issues on this scale would definitely be cause enough for a return. 😥❤️
    Or some serious reworking at the very least.

Hope you have a wonderful day ❤️❤️❤️ !

~

Woo! Yay Anira! 😊❤️
    That's the kicker, isn't it? We want so badly for things to go well and smooth. 😥 Not just 'good enough' or 'eh phew it's fixed' to stay but independently amazing and fun, inspiring and cool and working the first time through.
    Like it should stay. 😣

Edit: popped in first thing in the morning between a tree growth cycle, clearly wistful.
    Have a great day all!! ❤️

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the kindness. One of my favorite things about the CS community is how they come together to support and help each other.

The good news is that the PotP prevailed and I did finish in the end. After sleeping on it, I decided to give the upgrade one final try and was beyond thrilled when it finally remained upgraded. There were several rollbacks after completing each task, but they were blessedly insignificant and did not alter my Sleigh progress. Due to all the wasted time from rollbacks I did have to spend some gems to speed up the final craft and make the deadline but it was less than 50 and at least it's finished.

I can only hope the team looks into the coding and fixes these issues before they decide to give us another SB. As my favorite type of event, I want so badly for the Storybook to live up to its potential and I think it can if only they'd be a bit more cautious in future releases.
    So good to hear you were able to upgrade in the end!
    I also had an unusual amount of rollbacks this event, especially when completing Goals. Hope S8 can find out why and fix it.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I'm glad you were able to finish it.

I feel bad for those of you who are experiencing bugs so badly that it is impacting your being able to finish.. I hope S8 will be able to fix the problems and the storybook will complete for you.

Banned
    7 day non-Energy Dropper with 672 Gems to speed VS the regular 644 for energy droppers. Not like I am ever going to gem through a week just thought it strange.

I agree. 7 days is weird. I currently have 9 guaranteed droppers that have 8 or 12 hour timers (nothing higher). I'm doubtful that the reindeer will have juicy enough drops to justify keeping such a massive gem trap out.

This event was fun and easy and gave other good prizes so I'm not mad or anything, more curious if there's a missing piece of info or possibly an error.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyfork1 View Post
    7 day non-Energy Dropper with 672 Gems to speed VS the regular 644 for energy droppers. Not like I am ever going to gem through a week just thought it strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyfork1 View Post
    It probably has a slightly longer timer as well. If the cost for speed-up is 1 gem per quarter hour, 672 gems translates to 168 hours, which is 7x24 hours, so 7 whole days. 644 gems, on the other hand, is the equivalent of 7x 23 hours, which is why, if you collect from a weekly energy dropper sometime in the afternoon, it will be ready for collection again sometime in the morning a week later. I find the 24 hour timer of the unicorns a bit annoying, to be honest, so expect some annoyance with this as well. I never collect at the exact same time each day, so with a 24 hr timer (or its multiple) this means, that the collection time gets pushed back a little (or sometimes a lot) each day. At some point it becomes too late at night, so I can't collect that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    I agree. 7 days is weird. I currently have 9 guaranteed droppers that have 8 or 12 hour timers (nothing higher). I'm doubtful that the reindeer will have juicy enough drops to justify keeping such a massive gem trap out.

This event was fun and easy and gave other good prizes so I'm not mad or anything, more curious if there's a missing piece of info or possibly an error.
    The guaranteed droppers are for trade tickets, though, right? It was my understanding that the Tiny Reindeer would drop expansion permits (hopefully guaranteed!). That would explain the longer timer, though only if the drop is really guaranteed.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post

The guaranteed droppers are for trade tickets, though, right? It was my understanding that the Tiny Reindeer would drop expansion permits (hopefully guaranteed!). That would explain the longer timer, though only if the drop is really guaranteed.
    The back of the Tiny Reindeer says "increased chance for", so I'm guessing a bunch of us will be disappointed when after 7 days we get a few coins and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    The back of the Tiny Reindeer says "increased chance for", so I'm guessing a bunch of us will be disappointed when after 7 days we get a few coins and nothing else.
    He is a guaranteed Trade Ticket dropper, and though he is not a guaranteed Expansion Permit dropper, he has the highest chance of any other pet to drop an Expansion Permit

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I thought I didn't have much trouble until today - the dreaded Green Bow Day- . With the red bows I was done in a couple of hours and I sent only requests to A-K of my neighbors. Today I had to send a request to the rest as well. After 5-6 hours I had only 3 and 2 in both my kingdoms. Funny enough the request I sent to myself came though without a problem. After that I switched accounts on one device (my phone) to visit kingdoms, because my other device is reacting very strange since this event (unexpected reboots and all). Now I'm crafting the dolls and I'm expecting no problems on my last day tomorrow.

The game is so buggy. I've been trying to post on someones wall for over half an hour, but my keyboard keeps disappearing. I got a request from that player 3 times today, and it was an old one. I was only able to respond the last time it appeared, because of crashes. I really want to go to bed now, but I can't because I trying to get the cute snow dragon in the Baron's tent before the timer runs out. I probably need 8 more snowballs.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    He is a guaranteed Trade Ticket dropper, and though he is not a guaranteed Expansion Permit dropper, he has the highest chance of any other pet to drop an Expansion Permit
    Still no gem return, do you know when we will get our 100 gems back taken in the final upgrade? (P.S. pls put the red nosed fawnicorn back in the sale market &#128513 Thanks, K

GOT MY GEMS BACK!
    Last edited by kat8rose; 12-14-20 at 03:26 PM.