Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi Stymie, this should be resolved now if your game has gone blue or reverted to L1 don't worry as that's normal bc of how they checked lol. Force close should get you back on track.
    Thank you so much, SpiritWind. You are always there for us and we appreciate it. I also thank S8 for the lovely holiday event. The graphics are so cute and beautiful. Also I am not finding this event as stressful as others have been. A good holiday diversion!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Thank you so much, SpiritWind. You are always there for us and we appreciate it. I also thank S8 for the lovely holiday event. The graphics are so cute and beautiful. Also I am not finding this event as stressful as others have been. A good holiday diversion!
    Totally agree with this!

Executive Chef
    3 fangbeasts spawned with my 9 farmhouses...no gnomes

Edit: force close helped, I spawned 3striking gnomes the second time through.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 12-05-20 at 04:38 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    stormaurora42 said:
    Yesterday 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cntrygirl1970 View Post
    I'm also confused. I started the event late due to my work schedule. I started about 14 1/2 hrs after the event was first released. After finishing chapter 1, chapter 2 did not start. It is making me wait until the next day resets in-game.

I'm in EST (Ontario, Canada). Events usually start for me at 3 pm EST (12 noon PST) on Thursdays. I started this event around 5:30am EST (3:30am PST) Friday morning. I can not start Chapter 2 until 3am EST (midnight PST) Saturday.

My event expires in timer is showing O mins 0 secs. My chapter timer is showing 5 hrs 19 mins before chapter 2 opens for me, which is 36hrs after the event was first released. Does anyone know why I have to wait so long for chapter 2 to start?

I am also in EST (in Ohio). Yes, normal events release around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. So do Storybook (Chapter events). However, with Storybook, it is a little different. You can either start right away or delay your start. Either way you get 10 days. Day 1 is never a complete day. It goes from whenever you start until midnight PST. Day changeovers always occur at midnight PST. If you choose to delay your start, there is a default start sometime over the weekend- I think it is Sunday, but I am not positive.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    If chapter 9 needs 20 gifts from neighbors and I can't get it in one day, doesn't it mean I won't be able to finish this in the 10 days timeline?
    I believe there's plenty of people in the forums willing to help out with Quest requests!

Theoretically if the timer runs down and you're
    Not finished, yes; however it should be totally doable! I've sent you a Neighbor request (i'm "EquineAura" in-game; storm8 ID is same as forum name) and I believe others have offered to help out too. Be sure to pay attention to which of your existing neighbors are active and send/accept the requests for Red Bows on day 5 too, they'll be good candidates for day 9!

Try not to flood the system with too many requests on day 5 just to get your 10 or 15 back faster (I think the limit we can receive back in a day is 20 or thereabouts, and then it shoves the overflow to the next day etc?), sometimes it takes a few days to clear and might jam things up if your realm is still cycling through old requests.
    On Day 9 I think we're good to send more in smaller batches if we're not getting back quick enough, as then time does become a factor. 😊
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-05-20 at 04:41 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    I am also in EST (in Ohio). Yes, normal events release around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. So do Storybook (Chapter events). However, with Storybook, it is a little different. You can either start right away or delay your start. Either way you get 10 days. Day 1 is never a complete day. It goes from whenever you start until midnight PST. Day changeovers always occur at midnight PST. If you choose to delay your start, there is a default start sometime over the weekend- I think it is Sunday, but I am not positive.
    Default start should be on 4th-day since it's a 10-day Event in a 14-day span, so Sunday's day change sounds about right!

As far as starting late goes, I think the original question leaned more towards: if a player starts late, and for example finishes chapter 1 after chapter 2 was already released, why weren't they able to start the next chapter (2) immediately?
    Why did their timer indicate that they have to wait for day 3 to start day 2?
    The front page says under Tips About the Event "5. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner." so it sounds like we should be able to complete all released chapters no matter if we start late or take longer to finish a day.
    So theoretically people who started on day 4 could be finishing the same time as people who started on day 1, but they would actually have until day 14 to complete (until their 10-day timer runs out) if they needed it?

I thought cntrygirl1970's timers being messed up pointed to an error, so was hoping hard-refresh would help them fix themselves and at least display the correct timers. (For their start date). 🤔

I hope they see your post, wonderful explanation of the storybook event release schedule! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-05-20 at 05:19 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    No, if you start late, you can't "make up" for that time. You still only get one chapter a day and will therefore finish 10 days after starting, which might be the last day of the event, depending on when you started.

The possible advantage of starting late is that gives you time to stock up on non-event specific items you might need during the event beforehand. There have been storybook events asking for golden eggs in the past, for example. For some players, a few days extra hunting for golden eggs before clicking start on the event might make the difference between being able to complete the event or not.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    No, if you start late, you can't "make up" for that time. You still only get one chapter a day and will therefore finish 10 days after starting, which might be the last day of the event, depending on when you started.

The possible advantage of starting late is that gives you time to stock up on non-event specific items you might need during the event beforehand. There have been storybook events asking for golden eggs in the past, for example. For some players, a few days extra hunting for golden eggs before clicking start on the event might make the difference between being able to complete the event or not.
    Ahh thank you- Hmm. Ahh... So "5. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner." only applies to people who fell behind and allows them to catch up back on their original 10 day schedule then? 🤔

(User's timer was still messed up since it showed 0 days left when they'd just started. I was wrong about the other assumptions. 😥 )

Thank you! 😅❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-05-20 at 05:45 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Ahh thank you- Hmm. Ahh... So "5. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner." only applies to people who fell behind and allows them to catch up back on their original 10 day schedule then? 🤔

(User's timer was still messed up since it showed 0 days left when they'd just started. I was wrong about the other assumptions. 😥 )

Thank you! 😅❤️
    Right. Let's say chapter 5 tells you to request something from neighbors (I'm completely making this up!), and somehow it takes longer than until the next day changeover for your requests to come through, so you start chapter 6 a few hours late. If you are able to then quickly complete chapter 6, chapter 7 will still start at the next changeover, even if you've been on chapter 6 for less than 24 hours.
    In other words, you can make up time you lost on one chapter in other chapters, but you can't make up time you lost by waiting before starting the event.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    Right. Let's say chapter 5 tells you to request something from neighbors (I'm completely making this up!), and somehow it takes longer than until the next day changeover for your requests to come through, so you start chapter 6 a few hours late. If you are able to then quickly complete chapter 6, chapter 7 will still start at the next changeover, even if you've been on chapter 6 for less than 24 hours.
    In other words, you can make up time you lost on one chapter in other chapters, but you can't make up time you lost by waiting before starting the event.
    Beautiful. Thank you! 😊❤️